I hope they don't remove the linking cord when they eventually go back to dual scams...

I hope they don't remove the linking cord when they eventually go back to dual scams, even if its hard to obtain like in Legends anything is better than buying two versions or bug people to get comp trade evos

Attached: Untitled.png (422x426, 498.65K)

gamefreak will remove the linking cable because small indie studio needs you to buy both versions.

please understand

It's a good idea that GameFreak came up with, which means it won't be in the next game

Maybe they are planning on releasing one version games starting Gen 9

GF won't do that bre

No way imo
there is just no reason to essentially
but trade evos are seriously pointless

Nobody expected Arceus legends, what makes you think they won’t do something unpredictable again?

why
do you type
like such a retard

It's not really hard to obtain in Legends. I would be ok if they made it so that there was only a limited amount, to give you a taste for it. I'd rather it wasn't just an expensive battle spot reward so it can be used in the story.

Because they won't say no to more money also Arceus was developed as a single player experience in mind. Gen9 will be back to its root. Wake up bre

Ok we’ll see

>he fell for the "2 versiosn is a scam" meme.

get some friends.

how do you earn those points used to purchase the evo items

How it is not a scam to sell the same game with incredibly minor differences twice? Just because you have to be retarded or autistic to fall for it doesn't make it not a scam.

Why @re two versions a scam? are you such a sad piece of shit you don't even have friends to trade pokemon, or even to have the balls o join a discord or whatever to trade, or even worse, to put something in the fucking gts to get what you want?

Because normal people understand that they only need 1 versión you retarded fuck.

Paying for online is a scam.

Why should the player be inconvenienced and limited like that in the first place? Why should the player not be able to complete the regional on their own? Why should game content be carved up into two versions?

It's just a bunch of inconvenient shit dude, calm the fuck down.

Good news, with friends you can trade using local communication.

Because thats the point of the franchise? To trade with other people?

If you feel like you are forced to pay an extra $60 for some minor inconveniences then thats your problem.

>came up with

That's a weird take, trading being the point. But people would still trade mons even if they weren't forced to in order to complete the dex. If people are only doing it to complete the game and not because they actually enjoy it, that suggests it's not actually all that important of a feature.

Merit points by recover lost satchels

>How it is not a scam to sell the same game with incredibly minor differences twice?
Because you aren't meant to, nor ever encouraged to buy both versions you friendless loser.
If you wanna complain about something, complain about 3rd versions like Emerald and Platinum.

>Because thats the point of the franchise? To trade with other people?
It's a trademark feature but it's hardly the point. It's "Gotta Catch 'Em All", not "Gotta Trade 'Em All". Trade evolutions can and should be a thing but you should also be able to do it on your own if you want, or if trading isn't convenient.

this
if the only justification for making a second 60 dollar game is for people to spend five or ten minutes trading for a couple of version exclusives, maybe it's not a very good justification

You imbecile, locking content behind another version of the game is a shit business practice. Now youd even have to pay for nintendo online if you wanted to just complete the pokedex in sword/shield

>buying two versions
Did you seriously do this user?

>social interaction is an inconvenience
unironically touch grass lol

Just like the Icy Rock and Ice Stones both being in the game, you should be able to trade to evolve certain Pokemon, but you should also be able to do it yourself. Make the items rare if you want so trading is the encouraged solution, but it should at least be possible to complete the Dex solo.

I never buy another version, it's pointless. But trade evos are definitely a pain in the ass. I don't have any friends who play pokemon, frankly they'd rather be caught dead, so when your only real way of getting, I don't know, a Gorebyss or whatever and putting your faith in some online stranger to give it back to you, it kind of sucks the 'fun' out of the experience.
Actually, fuck it, even as a kid when people who liked pokemon were easier to come by, trading and trading back wasn't a fun experience or anything, it was just an annoying chore. Pokemon that are version exclusive, yeah fine, fair enough, they're easy enough to get and then breed or what-not, but fuck trade evos.

>nor ever encouraged to buy both versions you friendless loser.

Attached: 012432.jpg (1152x1152, 88.35K)

Grow up and realize that adults can't just drop everything to meet in person at a moment's notice to play video games.

>But people would still trade mons even if they weren't forced to in order to complete the dex.
Not really. The reason people trade is because they feel they have to, whether that be to obtain shit they can't or move shit over to another game.

Thats not really the point, is it? Thinking that you are being forced to pay $60 when in reality is just a minor inconvinience is stupid and overblown. Pretending that ever single person has to buy a second copy of the game to have the whole experience is disingenious when you know both versions are the same game and there are plenty of ways to get the pokemon you want. Its a non problem that is brough up by people who dont want to talk to other people.

>It's "Gotta Catch 'Em All",
Never was outside of Gen 1 and 2 in burgerland.
Its "Lets gettem'" internationally.
Regardless, trading was part of how you got em all.
Social interaction was a core part of what made Pokemon Pokemon, and unironically the internet is a huge part of what killed the magic of Pokemon in modern day.
It used to be you could ask a person in school if they liked Pokemon and instantly become friends.

Its not locked, you talk to other people.

Dual packs are bundle deals to save money, retard. Not so you can jerk off by yourself.
>I don't have any friends who play pokemon, frankly they'd rather be caught dead,
you need better friends.

Yeah, but why should it be like that in the first place? Just because it's only a small inconvenience that you can get around isn't a good justification for the dual versions to exist.

>"im an adult" argument
why are you even wasting your precious adult time paying a children's videogame in the first [lace then, grandpa?

social interaction is good, but not with the autists/children who play Pokemon

>can't enjoy a game by yourself because of retarded mechanics? touch grass
Kill yourself.

>Dual packs are bundle deals to save money, retard. Not so you can jerk off by yourself.

Attached: SmartSelect_20220203-134842_Chrome.jpg (1080x1444, 252.71K)

Fuck off zoomer retard.

throwing's stones in glass houses, aren't we.

>It used to be you could ask a person in school if they liked Pokemon and instantly become friends.
You still can? A decreases emphasis on trading doesn't mean you suddenly can't make friends over a common interest.

the point of 2 versions is to sell extra copies to prior who want to compete the dex I don't know why you are defending it lol

>save money
are you ACTUALLY retarded?

>Dual packs are bundle deals to save money, retard.
Then why do they cost the same as two separate copies?

Why are you even here, underage?

>I can't get a Vulpix in Red version! Unplayable! can't be enjoyed!!!
No you