Why is Emerald praised so highly?

Attached: Screenshot_20220202-200958_Messenger.jpg (875x669, 408.14K)

good region, good mons, good music, good postgame. what's not to like? besides hms and shitty surfing variety ig

The maps are actually fun to explore because of their unique gimmicks and pokemon as opposed to gen 4 which spams the same garbage everywhere and has no gameplay beyond backtracking and clicking A in front of HM obstacles. Also it has the best post-game to date, only held back by the fact the game doesn't have modern QoL.

>Good region.
Ehh...maybe if you like the surf theme a lot.
>Good mons.
Based, better than anything in gen 4 or since.
>Good Post game
OP Post related.

half the things on that image are complaining about things that aren't Emerald

Can you elaborate?

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Thsi image is painfully ESL

Why does every thread with OP pic die almost immediately after? Like even if it's in response to something.

Contests are a fun minigame. Having variety is bad now? It's so optional that it's completely irrelevant to the game's design whether you like it or not.
Not being able to delete contacts is fair enough but iirc you couldn't in other games either
Animeshit doesn't matter
Water is based. Makes the adventure actually feel like a proper adventure with good exploration. Pokémon variety is irrelevant since you're likely to have a full team by then
Coomers are irrelevant to the quality of the game
All starters have great designs and are useful in-game. Swampert may be the best but there's also a lot of other water options so choosing Treecko or Torchic out of pure utility is also understandable since there's less variety for their typings.
Not sure why you're complaining about the 8 badge formula when it's been in every game? The E4 is decently challenging especially Drake.
That trope is shit but it was used well in Emerald since you don't need to battle or catch Rayquaza unlike other games. The game makes you explore to find the cover legendary and you have to backtrack to go back and catch it after the story is over whereas in other games they just give you the legendary when it's time and recent games even force you to catch it.
Wally is the challenging rival.
Fair point.
Different engine.
Projecting.

>half the things on that image are complaining about things that aren't Emerald
Isn't that kind of the point? One of the things mentioned was the lack of weekly events lmao.

My name is Lydia :(

You can remove and flat out deny contacts in gold and silver.

>"Having variety is bad now?"
>It's okay to have no variety in Pokemon because you should have a full team 5 gyms in.

Fucking yikes.

>Lots of water = lots of exploration.

Oh boy! I do love great landmarks or blue and rocks with the occasional swimmer class trainer.

Last game had 16 gyms, elite 4 and 2 champions you can rematch.

>Wally is a challenging """"rival""""

You fight him twice and one of those he uses 1 pokemon. May/Brendan is clearly intended to be the rival and they suck.

>Different engine

I'm assuming this is in response to visuals not reflecting time of day. Is it really that hard to add just a filter ffs?

Do you have a Shroomish?

This is important.

I think because that gen (Emerald/FRLG) are the basis for most ROMhacks and thus there's an unintended familiarity.

"I will use a new team for battle frontier"

The team. Every time.

Attached: GridArt_20220203_105840959.jpg (4096x4096, 1.34M)

nnnNNoooorOOOOOO EmMROF AND D THE BATTLE TRKTNYIER I S PRefERFECt it MAKES THEBHAME A 10/10 YIRE JUST KCOPING BECAUASE SHITNOH REMGAKES AND ARKEUS DIESNT HAVE BAYSED FRKTNTIER

meds.

I ignored the Tower after getting the symbols for it. Fuck the Tower.

More like because it's on GBA; hands on Nintendo's most efficient, simplistic handheld (retro) gaming console.
>Simple gaming controls. It's like GBC but add extra LR button that makes you feel like playing a home video gaming console, on pocket (literally pocket entertainment system). Even NDS don't have GBA's simplicity because of the addition of 2nd touch screen. GBA strikes the perfect balance as "advanced" improvement from GBC, yet still more simpler to play than playing on NDS. (Also hands on to Nintendo 2DS for bringing back the robust GBA style shape, much more ergonomic to hold compared to 3DS)
>Look at the game repository. Most of GBA games are pretty efficient on utilizing GBA hardware. Look at other GBA games like Metroid: Fusion, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, Mario & Luigi,: Superstar Saga, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, WarioWare and many more. These games use very few config buttons, have archaic graphics, no 3D, short gameplay. yet still delivers excellent gameplay experience for such simple games. Even if Pokemon games are considered as mediocre/bad compared to other Nintendo games, Hoenn is pretty much on par compared to other game titles mentioned above.
>Also some GBA games are ported SNES games which already has big repository of modded games. GBA roms are pretty easy to mod and small sized.
tldr, GBA is too good.

And this.

Attached: 1111131125.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Suck a fucking dick, that is why, lol.