So why the hell are these the only post-Unova mons native to Sinnoh?

Attached: kalos bros.png (476x243, 90.49K)

>sylveon

well alola is an island chain so isolated species makes sense, but idk for the others

Well, Sylveon is an evolution from a Gen 1 mon, already in the Platinum Dex.

they're not native to sinnoh, and neither are the unova mons. they stowed away on travelers' ships and adapted to sinnoh. the reason there's so many unova ones is because matthew perry opened up the country 10 years ago.

Because the games they are native to are still on the market.

>Sylveon
>Platinum Dex.

I like that

Because (almost) everything post Unova was a mistake and GF are finally coming to terms with that.

Because Bergmite and Goomy are based as fuck

Because they fit the setting.
Hsui/Sinnoh are based on Hokkaido and is canonically a colder region. And the Bergmite/Avalugg play to the colder climate theme, and the Goodra play into the 19th century Japan theme as a yokai

Attached: shussebora-watermark-230x300.png (230x300, 137.55K)

>yokai
based answer

I know Zorua isn't, but what about Rufflet, Petilil and Basculin?

>"So many"
>Oshawott and Rowlet lines which aren't actually native to the region
>Sylveon, which is an Eeveelution
>Genies, who just fly wherever the fuck they want and just so happen to be in Hisui during PLA
So that leaves
>Petilil line
>Basculin line
>Zorua line
>Rufflet line
>Goomy line
>Bergmite line
That's not a lot.

Bergmite makes sense. Not hard to imagine that it inhabited the region for ages before going away. It was likely driven out due to either higher temperatures in Sinnoh or higher populations, possibly both. Hisuian Avalugg is already looking worse for wear after all.

Goomy? I don’t have much on that one.

Less cool moisture in the air as the place increased in humidity

>ITT: cavemen now just discovering the term "retcon"

Cool idea, but Rock/ice Avalug CLEARLY is ancestor of full ice ones.

>driven out
it literally just melted

Neither of them even needed a regional form. Kalos has a strong roster, (aside from a few misses like Diggersby, Barbaracle and Aromatisse), so there are so many better options they could have gone with.

Need a Rock type? Give Hisuian Gogoat the ability to climb mountains. Would eliminate the need for Sneasler too.

>post
I get that they're still behind the curve on realizing the mistake, but...

>yokai watch invented yokai
Kys