Should player vs player combat remain removed from the franchise going forward?

Should player vs player combat remain removed from the franchise going forward?

Attached: 1629088792669.jpg (1024x578, 76.27K)

No, Pokemon would be dead without it

Yes, Pokemon would be thriving without it.

No, it many people like it and it doesn't hurt the games, in fact you could argue that if gamefreak gave two shits about pvp it would help the games as gamefreak wouldn't make as many shitmons

Yes make Pokémon a casual fag game just catching and catching and more catching

No not exactly

as someone who LOVES Legends I feel having a pvp mode is always gonna be important. I feel having COMPETITIVE moved to a simulator game could be good but you should always be able to fight other people if you want. I can get why they didn't in Legends due to how the gimmick just wouldn't function right but nixxing it entirely would be a mistake

They should bring back Pokemon Stadium with a full nat dex for this purpose.

well, it's been part of the games since gen 1, and it's not like gf is like valve where they nerf every even half busted thing into the ground [rip ambi :(]. even if they do keep certain types shit and certain types good, it's more that various new mons are broken rather than various old mons being nerfed directly, obviously there's some exceptions like dark void but ya know. so no, just don't be stupid about it like gf already is.

PLA shows its not necessary

This. A battle simulator game with everything available makes a lot of sense.

I've played pokemon and literally never done it. I don't like it. I hope they continue to focus on the single player content as opposed to letting other people fill in the gap.

The games are already a joke outside the very end and postgame if there's any and let alone if you even play that long. Make other content like Gen IV contests or Pokeathalon that's actually fucking fun before anything else. Give me something to actually spend $60 on over any other game.

Nah, what they should do is keep it but when battling with others remove styles and turn order.

Just make a stadium game with the national dex and all gimmicks of Megas, Z-Moves, Dynamax, and Styles.
And above all include rentals

Absolutely, Pokemon VGC AND Smogon are easily some of the most gigacancer competitive scenes in gaming.

And as we can see from Legends, and previously, the Gamecube games, a focus on singleplayer and allowing the game to be an actual JRPG again for the first time since gen 2 leads to good games. Multiplayer skinnerboxes like XY, SM, and SWSHit do not.

Leave the compfags to their miserable little stadium containment box and get on with actual good Pokemon games not constrained by things like the exact same template ad nauseam and making sure every mechanic can't be fun because it'd be abused in multiplayer or whatever. Legends can have multiplayer, like co-op, or the pseudo souls bag retrieval, anything they come up with, but the series is gonna go down the shitter instantly if they try to merge Legends and the competitive mechanics from mainline.

And pick up a decent competitive game for fucks sake. Literal plug and play premade strategies shit can kiss my ass.

Attached: 1632078748542.png (449x389, 390.49K)

Definitely. Not because of the feature itself. It's the community around the feature that needs to be extirpated from Pokemon.

Compfags claim they don't hurt the games, but here is the world champion exerting pressure on Game Freak to make the game a boring chore again.

Attached: faggot.jpg (828x622, 386.73K)

Based. Fuck tourneyfags.

This, so much.

You're an idiot if you think a anything of the sort will make people not metagame the shit out of the game regardless.

PLA shows why its necesary

Explain how multiplayer comes at the expense of single player.

Not a single thing in his video was false. Turn order is stupid and removed depth from the game even from a single player standpoint.

The Gamecube games were fucking dogshit

this. nonsense like reusable TMs and gengar losing levitate are because of comptrannys and they deserve to dead

Might as well, doesn't effect my experience with the franchise ether way.

Attached: shhh.jpg (369x268, 24.82K)

Easy:

The mechanical bloat brought on by competitive Pokemons need to have every Pokemon, move, mechanic, under one umbrella combat system killed the series playability and makes it insanely clunky. The worst parts about the series, IVs and EVs, were created to appease compfags complains with gen 1. And once gamefreak was able to make multiplayer refined and widely available with Gen 6 they just obviously stopped putting effort into the singleplayer component.

Just look at BW2 vs XY. BW2 is Pokemon as a series verging into almost fully fledged proper RPG territory. And XY is a free to play MMO where the story is just a bland hurdle before the "real" game starts at endgame. Guess which games introduced the refined and easy accessed multiplayer?

Comp is shitty trash and we have nothing to lose and everything to gain from axing it.

>PLA is good
>PLA lacks online battles
>therefore online battles are bad and should be dropped
No, this is horrible logic

>Pokemons need to have every Pokemon, move, mechanic, under one umbrella
? Wtf are you talking about? Did you miss how Sword and Shield did the exact opposite of this?