Does PLA batlle system suck or am I just retard?

I've already seen tutorials and guides of how does it work and I DON'T LIKE THIS SHIT AT ALL. I just avoid every battle this game has because is boring and random as hell. You can avoid them even with bosses, that's great but...

I can't understand how my level 8 Eevee can beat a Pokémon that's levels above or why my fastest mon gets 3 attacks from a Pokémon that's some levels below. Can someone explain this shit?? I'm not able to make any kind of strategy in this game. I'm tired.

Attached: Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-Combat.jpg (1400x700, 146.59K)

Both

>filtered

ganbaru values or effort values as they’re called in game are different from previous games
They matter a lot so if one mon has higher ev levels than the other they can hit it like a truck

Speed, style, and individual move properties can change the move order in an instant. And they changed the way damage is calculated to make battles faster. That's why lower-level mons can still do decent damage.

>NOOOO I HAVE TO ACTUALLY THINK INSTEAD OF MINDLESSLY OVERLEVELING?? THE SYSTEM SUCKS!!

making levels less relevant is the best thing the game did

Yeah as much as I love the game, the new battle system is pretty whack. Not a huge issue for me though

You do have the turn order indicator on right?

Masuda was right, Pokemon fans are literally too stupid for a real pokemon game.

Attached: 1570765879701.jpg (597x948, 99K)

Certain moves take away/give turn priority or whatever it's called, just because a mon is fast doesn't mean a slightly slower infernape using mach punch won't out speed you in the turn order, it's unclear what a lot of moves do so you need to experiment and figure out what works for you, and the level thing makes sense, in most games you're able to easily beat a pokemon 3-8 levels higher than you pretty easily.

it's just different.
it took a while to understand how it works, but I like it a lot now and I hope they'll keep it for other games

keeping it means no doubles, flinching, held items and abilities ever again and fuck that

That's awesome. I really like to kill a level 45 alpha Rapidash with my level 9 mons! :D

Alphas suck.

Yeah. I do.

Both, you're a retard if you play this garbage

Talk about hyperbole

Attached: mmmmm.jpg (720x736, 32.41K)

actually i can capture that alpha rapidash when i'm level 1.

this has literally never happened
unless you’re counting out of battle capping but that’s a bit disingenuous wouldn’t you say

You said kill, not catch.

No proper status conditions, no abilities, no attacks that affect to more than 1 Pokémon when this game has 3 vs 1 battles, lots of great attacks are gone...

This is not a real Pokémon game user

You are literally retarded. Held items, abilities, and flinching could all be easily implemented. There are already multi battles in PLA, so introducing doubles doesn't seem so hard.

That was not me lmao, and yeah: I killed that level 45 Rapidash with not even level 10 mons. And it was disappointing.

I also killed a level 65 Alpha Torterra and after that I came back and catched it with my team of underleveled mons.

You could always do that moron. Ask anyone thats caught a legendary 1st turn.

why do you need flinching when you can just get a fast Pokémon and use agile moves

Yeah but those legendaries were at levels close to your Pokémon.

>I killed that level 45 Rapidash with not even level 10 mons.
So we've got two liars then

>You are literally retarded
Stop looking into a mirror. There are no doubles in PLA, multibattles are just polished up horde battles. Good luck putting the broken turn order to test when people can have moody, leftovers and four turns straight

Do tell which game i could capture a legendary right after finishing the tutorial

>Fighting Kamado
>He sends out Snorlax
>Snorlax pops out the Pokeball and attacks right away despite I being 20 levels higher and having finished the previous mon with an Agile move
This game battle system is utterly nonsensical.

I do think it's legit buggy in it's implementation. Sometimes Super Effective hits won't register against my pokemon and it seems entirely random. Saved my ass a few times though.

It's fine, just have them trigger after each of your actions

I like how busted strong style thunder wave is

What is really happening:

> NOOOOOOOOO level 9 shitmons are knocking out my level 45 rapidash

No-one cares what "you" think makes a real pokemon game.

Attached: 1640964418318.jpg (326x313, 25.87K)

>enemy pokemon is poisoned
>use calm mind to buff myself for the next mon
>their pokemon use agile style and attack
>their pokemon die to poison and another comes in
>new pokemon uses quick attack
>new pokemon uses agile style attack
>new pokemon attacks again
>my turn is finally here
>calm mind expired

Attached: 1535824935983.jpg (800x800, 255.5K)

It just sucks

The tuning does seem a bit out of whack, though. I beat the level 40~ alpha Rapidash with my level 22 Shellos in 2 hits.
>sneak attack
>Shellos uses Water Pulse
>Rapidash is stunned
>Shellos uses strong-style Water Pulse
>Rapidash faints
Sure I got the sneak attack in, but easily winning with a 20~ level disparity (plus the alpha buff) seems like a bit much.

>the alpha buff
user it's literally just three to four EV levels, it's fucking nothing.

not the grit bonus every alpha have dumbass. the WILD MIGHT aura is totem like and give bonuses to attack, defences, accuracy and evasion

do you idiots even read anything when you play the goddamn game

suppose hypothetically there was a boomer retard who doesnt understand the system out there with a very weak quilava who they were planning to use, how might such a nibba resolve this predicament? not me haha, my quilava is very very strong and based but uhhh maybe there is someone out there haha

Speak properly, nigger.