Were fallers a good addition to the series?

Were fallers a good addition to the series?

Attached: looker anabel.png (700x1050, 562.16K)

they could've been, but they did fuck all with them in SM, and even less in USUM

...unless some of the PLA characters are fallers?

Ingo is probably one if he didn't come from the same rift as you

Not when they're literally whos

Supposedly.

Attached: credit3.png (1005x553, 790K)

Anabel is hot and not lesbian now so it was worth it

I doubt we'll ever get an answer but considering his circumstances, Ingo is almost certainly a faller. One that met a much more incredibly fucked up fate than the rest.

Attached: 6d1.png (518x440, 367.63K)

I think the introduction of alternate timelines/realities is always a sign of a series becoming a little bloated, unless they're a part of the series' identity to begin with. It can sometimes be a necessity for something with as many branches as Pokémon though. Gen 1 - Gen 6 had steps taken to keep the timeline rolling but eventually you're gonna end up with old man Red and saggy boobs Cynthia, and those character must remain forever young for the sake of the brand. So now we have a sliding timeline and alternate universes so nothing needs clarification. I guess Fallers are a way to provide fan service to abandoned plot threads, timelines, and even game mechanics as things get retconned going forward.

Yeah I know they aged up Red in Gen 7 but I doubt they're ever aging him beyond that point.

>Yeah I know they aged up Red in Gen 7 but I doubt they're ever aging him beyond that point.

Blue got aged thrice already

Here's your gen 5 remake teaser bro

They aren't an addition, nor a big lore thing.
One is the literal MC of the game they're introduced.
The other is a previously introduced character.

>...unless some of the PLA characters are fallers?
Its very loosely defined really.
In any case, both of them were also previous characters.

>Gen 5 remake
>Ingo is completely absent
>The Battle Subway is shut down because Emmet is too depressed to do it without his brother
>This is Gamefreak's excuse to cut even more Battle Facilities out of the series

Attached: 0bytgmtloc831.png (756x506, 598.35K)

> is always a sign of a series becoming a little bloated
They've been sparingly used and have yet to be used in any capacity close to resembling anything you described.

> now we have a sliding timeline
Not really, years aren't mentioned, the timeline we have is just how much time passed between games.

>Fallers are a way to provide fan service to abandoned plot threads
What plot thread was Anabel in?
Fallers were specifically to continue on the SM main game plotline to its post-game.
What is it about the multiverse that makes Any Forums project so much stuff?

His character design will never have a single wrinkle, user. His design has maintained the same face, hair, and body type throughout every incarnation. Using Blue as a point against that when Red had the more striking design change to begin with doesn't mean much.

A mean it more as a form of investing in future changes more than how it exists right now.

>Not really, years aren't mentioned, the timeline we have is just how much time passed between games.
The Toshinobu Mastumiya's timeline tweet being scrubbed from the books is a bit telling as to how they want to approach things. The flow of time is meant to remain ambiguous.

>The Toshinobu Mastumiya's timeline tweet being scrubbed from the books is a bit telling as to how they want to approach things
Sure, that totally means they're saying youtubers write the canon
>The flow of time is meant to remain ambiguous.
Nigga, a literal game that hinges on that not being the case came out not even a week ago.

Aren't you a faller?
Isn't that why the fissure you isekai'd out of looks like an ultra wormhole?

>>Aren't you a faller?
No i'm pretty normal

>Sure, that totally means they're saying youtubers write the canon
Wut
>Nigga, a literal game that hinges on that not being the case came out not even a week ago.
I what regard? Because it takes place in the past? That can take place as far back or as close as they want. Sinnoh could have been industrialized and founded two weeks before DPPt take place if they wanted it to. Sequels are far more ambiguous and deliberately so. The established iconic characters don't get to grow old and die. That's just better for the brand. Even Mastumiya himself stated that the amount of time the goes by in between games is meant for you to decide. Before all the tweets were deleted of course.

That sexy homeless French girl was a great addition

it'd be easy to go overboard with it, probably for the best it just remains in post-game fanservice stuff
as with most things though, game freak could be better in being a little more consistent

What the fuck is a faller

>Because it takes place in the past?
Yes.
>That can take place as far back or as close as they want.
And? That still means it takes place before DPPT, so its not ambiguous.
>Even Mastumiya himself stated that the amount of time the goes by in between games is meant for you to decide.
Source?
In any case, there are multiple official(as in, actual official material, not youtuber BS) sources which give concrete numbers for the time that passed between the games.
>Before all the tweets were deleted of course.
Again, that doesn't mean they magically do not have a timeline.
Not to mention you're contradicting yourself. If tweets being delete magically do not count then that supposed tweet you mention wouldn't count either.
People who went through Ultra Wormholes.

We got the darkest timeline where 10 year old children don’t single-handedly dismantle evil organizations leading them to becoming so powerful they threaten to take over the multiverse, so that’s pretty nifty

Attached: D148E99F-2E7F-4836-99E8-A3ADDED1032F.jpg (905x1263, 507.74K)

It’s been a part of the series identity since the beginning considering every new save file is it’s own world and you trade via link cable

Not really. Stop spreading misinfo.

The better analog would be the different versions of the same game, especially after they started leaning into it and having the plot be slightly different and revolve around a different cover legendary