Gen 9 Region

Honestly, while i don't think COVID affected the regional decision too much. I think it's decently likely that Gen 9 will be based on the Tohoku Region. It's split into 6 areas so it would be perfect for a more Open World Style Game.

Attached: tohoku.jpg (1500x900, 199.5K)

I’m thinking the next region is going to be either Australia or California. They probably were already working on Gen 9 before the lockdowns happened in March 2020

a region encapsulating kinki chigoku and shikoku would be fuckin sick, two large islands where they can play around with regional variants and warring evil teams would be great while offering plenty of open space on the sea and land to explore.

Would love Australia but it won’t happen next. Too similar to the UK.

I really hope they return to Japan since I think they'll make a region that's more realistic and grounded that feels less like an amusement park

True which is why i don't think next reigon is in Japan

>kinki region
oh yes

I hope it's the American Southwest. California and dipping into Arizona(Orre)

So Kanto covered Kanto, obviously. Johto is parts of Chubu, Kansai, and some of Shikoku. Hoenn is Kyushu, and Sinnoh is Hokkaido. That leaves all of Tohoku, the northern bit of Chubu, and most of Chugoku and Shikoku to base regions on.

Attached: [email protected] (1200x696, 292.72K)

I feel like Tohoku makes the most sense to base a region on if they are doing Japan again considering Sendai

is this the new rumor now? Tohoku?

I agree it seems like the most likely of the two candidates. That is, assuming they don't go back and revamp a region they've already done with new starters and a revamped layout. That'd be unexpected.

More like a hope than a rumor.

Yeah, it does make sense logically and it would be a neat followup from Hisui/Sinnoh.

I am leaning to the next region being India though

mmh! this is true
and much more "likely" than any faggot country like India

California there's absolutely no way
Australia isn't impossible I guess.
Seeing how they went full on with the "Pokemon are fucking terrifying" in PLA, Australia would be the most perfect country for a new gen with Legends-like gameplay.
Thank you for convincing me out of nowhere

is there any reason to believe they would go back to japan? Last 4 gens have been all based on non japanese countries.

>mmh!
what the fuck is that supposed to mean user?

Apart from the last game being in Hokkaido, not really.

Yeah - right now the clues sorta hint it at being India but i wouldn't be surprised if they did another Japanese Region eventually

Coof not allowing them to do any vacationing/"visits for region insperation" but other then that nah