Why is PvP important?

Why is PvP important?

Attached: 1638158706717.png (832x1455, 252.07K)

PVP is the only reason why Pokemon even has any merit these days, and it's probably what made it so popular back in the day.

It adds infinite value to a game

>CONTENT BAD

Lol that's a good pic

Pokemon Red PvP was clunky as hell

Pokemon Go became 1-billion popular without PvP

Imagine the Pokémon AI can compete with an actual non-autistic person.

>and it's probably what made it so popular back in the day
Please tell me people don't really think this? PvP adds a lot to pokemon but if you think pokemon is a PvP game first and foremost then you 100% got into the games around gen 4 at the absolute earliest. The real appeal was the monster designs and the fantasy of going on an adventure with your magic monster bros.

Because the games are extremely mediocre single player experiences but the strategies for pvp actually demand you to think unless your opponent is retarded enough to use the same "just try to match type advantage and hammer on my strongest attack" tactics from single player.

I like playing against my friends, it gives me something to keep working towards

Multiplayer is shitting up the single player at this point.

Like any other fucking game that goes online and spends more time balancing or removing than adding content.

why are your dead memes important?

Attached: yotsuba.jpg (539x539, 80.19K)

I don't get this one

Attached: Fuck.jpg (236x165, 7.05K)

Ironic

Attached: 1643778215075.png (1440x1361, 405.64K)

you first, tourist. summerfags are NOT welcome.

this is based and truthpilled but vp of all places isnt ready to accept it. like with PLA, they could push the battle system more and more if they werent worried about multiplayer getting in the way. but because of multiplayer, we will probably never leave the mainline formula behind, ever. it has to remain incredibly simple and also strictly turn based because thats what people (people = a minority of pokemon fans who see the game as "competitive") want for online play.

Ironic..

>balancing
lol

what's ironic, retard?

it's a PLA meme with a compfag meme tacked on. People bitched about the lack of trainers but it's arbitrary. The comp thing is less true but still funny

Weab

Let’s turn Pokémon into a fighting game, 900+ fighters and counting

hmm.you, your posts
>,retard
>yotsuba
>newfag
your lack of self awareness is fascinating