Is anyone else confused about ecelebs and reviewers complaining about the research tasks feeling grindy...

Is anyone else confused about ecelebs and reviewers complaining about the research tasks feeling grindy? I reached rank 6 before the 3rd area and didn’t even realize it

Attached: 5FE476B2-94D4-41E5-9C1C-5CC76F18EC51.jpg (828x443, 103.97K)

I honestly love them and how they’re different for every species

they’re trying to speed run it to get the reviews out as fast as possible to get clicks
Thus they’re getting gated by having to go back to zones and “grind” so it’s souring their experience
Natural play doesn’t really have this issue

no soul

It's starting to feel pretty grindy at rank 8, but I'm also taking my time and not really going to new areas so that's probably just on me slowing down on catching new pokemon to give me points

if anything I'm surprised how grindy it actually isn't. when I first saw the task screen months ago I really feared the worst. the game gives you a good mix of options, has a generously low completion amount for base entry completion, and I like that some tasks are weighted more than others.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're all playing on autopilot and just trying to catch/defeat as much as possible like some retard here was before the game launched

Ecelebs don't like it because you can't make engaging content out of the gameplay loop without stuffing it full of distracting editing and cuts.
Critics don't like it because they try to speedrun each zone to reach the credits ASAP so they can qualify for shitting out a review, but get gated by the requirements, making them backtrack to fulfill research quotas.

A lot of FOTM streamers I know say it's boring and it's all about catching.

I just threw Pokeballs at everything and next thing I knew I was rank 8

my biggest issue is how tedious looking through the research tasks are
there's no easy way to select a party mon and jump to its pokedex page, you have to scroll through the whole list to find it every time
fix that and it'd be pretty fun

Yeah, it feels like a genuine oversight how you can't do that considering how easy it is to do so for wild pokemon.

Seems like most missed that you don't have to do every task to get rank 10

>not getting a perfect dex for maximum shiny odds
NGMI

I'm super confused too. The Binding of Isaac dev was like ">:( the only way to progress is to catch Pokemon???"
1. It's fucking Pokemon, catching them all has been the premise for nearly 30 years
2. This is the first mainline game where a singular task (winning battles) WASN'T the only way to progress

The game has problems but the game loop is much more engaging than previous iterations

If they can do it for shiny hunting they can do it for this

I think a lot of people just never bothered catching mons outside of the ones they wanted for their teams for 20+ years, so the idea of a game where you want to be catching basically everything you see (and lots of the same ones) is very foreign to some people.

There’s a difference between playing to make a review and playing to enjoy. Nowadays everyone wants to put out a video or content on the newest hot trend in order to get clicks, likes, and that sweet ad revenue because it brings in traffic.

Like check this, I watched a discussion video earlier from the guys at NintendoLife and I can’t fathom why they had the guy Zion review this game. The guy wrongly claims TPC or Nintendo are identifying it as a spinoff, he talks about things in the game that he wish were, that actually are but he didn’t actually play it thoroughly enough to notice. He went in with the mindset that he was going to hate it and complained about the tutorials when for the first time a tutorial for Pokemon game is actually necessary. And he says shit like wanting there to be a game based on the fucking Adventures manga.

And people eat that shit up because they are too naive to think for themselves. It’s why people like Verlisify have a platform. Or the people who make their thumbnail the game but a picture of them going “woah” photoshopped on top of it. If you watch IGN’s latest podcast you’ll cringe at what the reviewer says when talking about the game, to the point where another IGN reviewer on the panel calls out a lot of her takes and how retarded they sound.

Attached: BE070423-C271-4EEF-BB16-FBB5DED79940.jpg (1920x1080, 198.2K)

But that's exactly what's exciting about this one for me. I was that guy, and now there's finally a compelling reason to not stomp every wild Pokemon I see. I have to battle carefully, make sure I have a good mix of stronger and weaker Pokemon on my team, incorporate new mons I had never used so I can complete entries related to moves/evolution/quests etc. How do you look at this compared to the previous slog and say "wow this is so repetitive"? Were they not playing an RPG before?

It has been the slogan since gen 3

This

Attached: pokemon-legends-arceus-starters-2.jpg (1024x568, 91.74K)

This
So many shitposters have no rebuttal when asked to elaborate their complaints

Yeah, I just got my 3rd star and I haven't even met Kleavor, yet. I think some of it is jumping the gun and thinking it's just a huge grind the second they see all the research tasks. Others (at least on the eceleb sides) are fully on the "fuck Pokemon/Nintendo" bandwagon and are only looking for things to complain about about the game.
Personally, I think that it's cool that filling out the pokedex is more in-depth than just catching one of each species. It makes sense to get a large sample size and experiment with different things (foods, move types, etc.) if you're trying to get a thorough idea of a species.

Isn't The Binding of Issac kind of grindy, anyway? Like, you're just endlessly going through floors and to get certain unlocks you've gotta get the right combination of 2-5 items out of hundreds of items. It's not grinding for exp., but it does sound like a grind.

>It’s why people like Verlisify have a platform.
he doesn't actually have fans. he tries to be as hatable as possible lol

That's not what he was talking about at all, shitposter.

no, i don't even look at the tasks any more really, just try to catch/kill everything i can and that alone goes a long way