How the fuck did they do it? How did Game Freak manage to create a fun Pokemon game so out of the blue?

How the fuck did they do it? How did Game Freak manage to create a fun Pokemon game so out of the blue?

Do you expect them to fuck it up for Gen 9 or will the success of PLA make them rethink things?

Attached: arceus_logo_large.png (1082x794, 494.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCEyGu0Kqho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They didn't.

>How did they manage to make a game with so much wasted potential
Ftfy

> Cut out all the spergy comp elements and treated like the campaign as more than a prologue to a team building simulator
> Focused on the actual act of catching and observing Pokémon like the franchise was originally built on

Hmm, I fucking wonder

Iwao probably fought for it. Masuda probably compromised by splitting the budget with BDSP.

>> Cut out all the spergy comp elements and treated like the campaign as more than a prologue to a team building simulator
HOLY DOOMSHITTERS BTFO

Attached: 285.jpg (600x909, 41.68K)

Imagine a game directed by these two

Attached: GridArt_20220128_160152788.jpg (4096x2302, 3.36M)

Masuda wasn't involved.

>BW2fag
no fucking thanks

>Masuda wasn't involved.

IS THIS TRUE

PLA is the worst game in the series

You mean third best behind HGSS and Yellow.

Wow it all makes fucking sense now. Look at the soul on the man on the left. Of course he made Emerald. Look at the anime sperg otaku on the right. Of course he made BW2.

I fully expect them to fuck it up, Gen 9 was already in development since 2019, they won't include anything from Legends

No I meant absolute worst

he isn't in the credits

>Focused on the actual act of catching
Literally boring af and always has been. The lazy old gluttons at GF will never get this aspect of Pokemon right because it would require effort.
>observing Pokémon
Pokemon Snap is literally and unironically more involved in this sense, and that is a game made for toddlers.

>they won't include anything from Legends
>implying Legends isn't a gen 9 asset flip

If PLA had some core game features, other novel stuff that would suit its gameplay style (I'm surprised there's no dedicated photography side activity considering there's a first person camera) and a larger Pokedex it would probably be the best game yet.

Attached: 1512696933569.png (376x328, 166.59K)

There is, it's shit like USUM but it's sorta something I guess?
youtube.com/watch?v=rCEyGu0Kqho

I know, but you know what I mean. Considering the game is about pioneering a Pokedex and documenting things, replacing a lot of "use this move X amount of times" with "photograph this Pokemon doing this activity" would have been really neat.

Regardless, there's a really strong foundation with this game and I'll be seething when they inevitably back peddle on all its strengths and we're back to the regular schedule in gen 9.

they gave him BDSP as a decoy