I’ve just seen a flying Gyrados in LA. Is this a glitch...

I’ve just seen a flying Gyrados in LA. Is this a glitch? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen someone else post this on here before. It’s super funny!

Attached: 5926DC96-CDF6-4A07-A153-06D53F26DD23.png (632x775, 39.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/49350536/#49351436
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gyrados is flying type.

Attached: 1643491563637.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

user and Game Freak are both Faggot-Type

>Is this a glitch?
No. It's supposed to fly. It's not a Flying type for nothing. It's just bizarre that they didn't show him flying before for some reason.
In fact, Gyarados is able to participate in Sky battles in XY. If he wasn't able to fly, they wouldn't let him.

By the way, here's a thread where this was discussed already:
>archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/49350536/#49351436

mantyke also flies for long periods before going back to the water but Yall not ready to talk about that

But then why doesn't it learn Fly in any of the other games?

my water-type pokemon just used water pulse, what the fuck, is this a glitch?

Explain why Gyrados don’t fly in other games or the anime then?

why does doduo learn fly and rhydon learn surf you gay fag

Attached: CF1F8F5B-2BEF-4103-A4F1-5FD4CF090845.gif (455x316, 998.44K)

I guess Scyther can't fly then, nor Butterfree, nor Beautifly...

sometime he be chillin tf stop being a hater

Flying Gyrados is amazing and I’m happy they did that in LA

Because there are literally only 3 games with Pokemon in the overworld (4 if you count the underground in BDSP)
>or the anime
non-canon trash, go use thunderbolt on your own pokemon and see if it becomes a super saiyan

No one knows. Probably not even GameFreak. And now the move doesn't even exist in PLA, so it's unknown whether they would decide to finally let it learn it or not.
But some times what moves a Pokemon can learn is doesn't really reflect what it should actually be able to do. In fact, as someone already mentioned, Butterfree also can't learn the move Fly, even though it can obviously fly perfectly well.
I also want to empathize that not all Pokemon that are flying type can participate in Sky Battles. But Gyarados can. And now they clearly show it flying here in PLA. So, as weird as it is that it couldn't learn Fly, and that they didn't really show it effectively flying up until now, it seems undeniably canon that it can indeed do so.

>Gyrados don’t fly in other games
It can participate in Sky Battles in XY. It can fly. Movesets are not consistent with a Pokemon's real capabilities.

always thought he was one of those fish types that jumps out of the water and flies for a bit, that's all that typing was supposed to represent
wow

what makes this goofy is not gyarados flying, but the fact that he keeps going around in circles endlessly
if they had him actually patrol a larger area, have him alternate between the river and the sky it would look sick

Neved did I think gyarados was shenron from DBZ representing those chinsese dragons. I thought he was an underwater dragon similar to leviathan.

Ok but explain how this is possible in terms of physics.

It's based on the legend about the Koi fish which turns into a dragon after scaling a waterfall.

While I agree that movesets are bullshit, Doduo does supposedly have very tiny shitty wings that humans find hard to see, and it can barely fly (just very badly) according to some of its Pokedex entries.
See pic related.

Attached: doduo_pokedex_wings.jpg (2741x1059, 824.23K)

But I do still think it's complete bullshit that it can learn Fly if its flying is supposedly so shitty.

>I also want to empathize that not all Pokemon that are flying type can participate in Sky Battles.
That's just a result of laziness though. The only fliers and levitators that can't do sky battles are the ones that don't fly or float as their default animation.

since when are children allowed to post on this board?

After completing the Magikarp sidequest, the NPC mentions Gyarados being able to fly

Yes, that is true. Pidgey for example can't participate.
However, everyone that participates can still canonically fly or levitate, it's just that some were left out due to laziness.
They didn't just allow anyone with a "levitating" animation. For example, Dewgong can't participate. If they didn't think Gyarados can fly, they wouldn't have let him participate either.

One of Gyarados's dex completion requirements is literally catch them flying, so it's very intentional and Gamefreak wants you to know it.

He can bounce. Not fly. Jump good.

Ask yourself that question.

Well yeah. Dewgong isn't a Flying type, nor does it have Levitate. Its makes sense why it can't. My point is that the sky battles were an inconsistent mess.

Yeah, I agree with you. My point in mentioned that not all Flying types could participate was more saying that the game doesn't do a simple check like "if Pokemon is Flying-type or has Levitate, allow it". The list of Pokemon that can participate was manually chosen during development, so we can assume that everyone in it can fly.
But I do 100% agree that they left out some due to pure laziness.