Appreciation Thread

Generation 3. Hoenn--Home. What a generation it was for grass fans. Some of the best designs in the franchise for grass types came out of gen 3. I just wanted to make a thread to take the time to appreciate what gen 3 contributed to us fans.

Attached: GridArt_20220131_153052722.jpg (4096x3276, 2.78M)

Sinnoh's grass mons are superior

>roselia but even more stylized and less detailed
>a pile of leaves with pinocchio's nose hanging from a tree
>victreebels inbred cousin

yeah torterra and abomosnow are alright but its not even a contest. gen 3 has unique grass type designs with interesting dual types

I've to 100% agree with . It's not really even a contest. But abomasnow and, especially, torterra are good designs. It just doesn't compete with everything gen 3 gave us, or any gen since.

Breloom and shiftry are my bros

There are grass fans? lmao

I think you mean brass fans

breloom AMD sceptile

Completely subjective

Sceptile is honestly overrated.
Its movepool is shit in the context that it conflicts with Sceptile's attacking stats, its Hidden Ability (Unburden) is redundant because Sceptile is already fast having 120 Speed, Grass is a poor attacking type, and Mega Sceptile's ability (Lighting Rod) is equally as redundant because Grass/Dragon gives a 4x resistance to Electric. To add to this, it can't learn Draco Meteor which pretty much every special-attacking Dragon-type uses because Sceptile doesn't naturally have the Dragon-typing, in which only Pokémon that have said typing from the get-go can learn it.

There are people whose favorite Rock-type Pokémon is something other than Tyranitar and Lycanroc so yes.

There are even those whose favorite is pic-related. What a shocker.

Attached: meganium_and_chikorita_by_seviyummy_d8juvbl-fullview.jpg (900x717, 69.66K)

cringe

Which generation has better grass types then?
Of course

Man I love meganium. It's a pain to use in game, but besides that it has such an awesome design.

today op was not a faggot. good taste.
well i prefer dark and ground personally but it's a pretty unique typing, lot of variety between mons. and in terms of starters i'd say they're usually the best pick unless you're goin for a specific grass mon, fire types kinda just looked ehh after gen 2 imo and water is one of the most common types so it feels like a waste, especially when half of them are monowater.

Attached: 9c1df7fa94776c631ad20cd7c6445a3b.jpg (700x521, 46.58K)

Literally did a grass monotype run with this exact team

fire starters rather not fire types in general

Gen 3 just had so much soul bros

Cradily bros for life.

>OP is solely about designs
>someone anal about muh competitive comes in
like clockwork

Attached: d54t3zq-59a4c99b-5600-4edb-b625-589d97e50b55.png (850x592, 872.9K)

I understand Sinnoh is going through a lot and getting shit on in many departments but that doesn’t mean you should come on here and lie on it

agreed, this pic is from oras, but it's one of my favorite artworks.

Attached: 42855281e874d3919c9a0a8e00f6e5a8.jpg (1000x1410, 242.57K)

grassholes

i'll even it out with one of my favorite classic (fan)arts.

Attached: DI-1bWbUMAA1vFN.jpg large.jpg (1000x1713, 277.22K)

Attached: 72c.jpg (765x1200, 562.84K)