Honest thoughts on Legends?

Are you enjoying the game? What do you think?

I'm playing on an emulator (1440p, locked in at a smooth 30 FPS). I imagine this looks and runs like shit on Switch. That being said, this is the first time I've felt optimism about this franchise for a decade or more:

Pros
>Battle animations are great. Being able to move around during the battle is awesome. I hope these seamless battles become the new norm moving forward.
>Hunting Pokemon is fun. Sneaking around and using tools is fun.
>Being able to actually summon your mons anywhere by throwing their ball is the best feature of any Pokemon game to date. Really increases the immersion.
>Menus are satisfying to navigate. Great UI and sound effects. Pokemon always has great menus, I feel like that doesn't get talked about enough.

Cons
>Terrible, inexcusable graphics.
>Boring soundtrack (except the night track: youtu.be/Uey_6rlS8jM?t=1625)
>No following (why the fuck not, all the animations are already there!)
>Why the fuck did they take moves out and mess with the battle system so much? Why no abilities or items? This really sucks.
>No interactions with your team, can't feed them or play with them. When you let them out of their balls they just stand there statically.
>For fucks sake, bring back following Pokemon and let us ride our Pokemon. The animations exist.

If Gamefreak just grafts the seamless battle and capture mechanics from Legends onto the main Pokemon formula, then Gen 9 will be a 10/10. That's literally all they have to do. If Sword/Shield had released with Legends style battling and capturing, it would have been remembered as the greatest Pokemon game of all time.

I sincerely hope Legends is a tech demo for something bigger coming up next. It sure feels that way. I can't believe I'm happy to be a Pokemon fan again.

Attached: pokemon-legends-arceus-pokedex.jpg (2560x1440, 304.09K)

It's an utter dogshit game.

Forgot to add: Pokemon size variation is a great idea. Adds another layer to the game. Should be included in breeding.

I enjoy the hell out of it, but I wonder how much of that is due to the games being mediocre for so long. It's an ugly game, but also probably one of the most immersive games in the series. I really wish the music was better, and I'm kinda "eh" on the royal battles. That being said, I just love sending my bros out. It's the small things...now if only you could interact with them. I sincerely hope they use PLA as a foundation for an even greater game.

Attached: 20220130_213431.jpg (4002x2473, 2.08M)

Interact with them more beyond just talking*

Very fun, best Pokemon game in a while

BPGE (Best Pokemon Game Ever)

Soundtrack is based, what are you talking about?

Having fun so far, though there's definitely room for improvement.
To be honest the mostly stable framerate is 100% worth the shitty graphics for me, SMT5 annoyed me much more than this game because of that.

>smooth 30 FPS
nigger what. 30 fps is awful

I like the midnight theme and the song that plays when morning comes. I wish they stuck around a bit longer.

For a Pokemon game it's fine. There's no fast-twitch action happening in the game. The graphics are cartoony. 30 FPS looks and plays fine.

At least I never drop frames emulating on my PC. The same cannot be said for the Switch.

>Adds another layer to the game.
No it doesn't. It's mostly aesthetic and is only useful for taking le funny YOU JUST KNOW screenshots with female player characters

Yes, it does. Pokemon is about collecting monsters. The more variation, character, and style is given to each monster, the more exciting collecting them is.

no it's not fine. it looks bad and plays bad. literally play any other game

the game still looks like shit in emulator though
higher resolution/draw distance doesn't magically save it

I'll be the first to admit the game is rather shallow and the maps arent good, but the changes made to catching Pokemon, and them finally streamlining battles make the game so much fun that you don't mind to some degree. I'm still hopeless about Gamefreak's ability to consistently deliver.

I like them all pretty much. Even the alpha Pokémon noises

>Pokemon is about collecting monsters.
No it isn't. Pokemon is about fun adventures in unknown and eventually making the world your bitch. Figures an autistic retard could not see the true point of Pokemon without it explicitly being stated. You do not actually have to catch em all in any previous game. But the run ends when you have conquered the Pokemon League.

unknown lands*

I'm liking it. It's not as hideous as the trailers made it out to be (seriously, the trailers didn't do shit to sell me this game).

Pros
>Higher difficulty curve (been wanting this since hand-hold extravaganza X and Y and everything that followed)
>Features that make the game world feel palpable
>Scale of the game feels large, even though it isn't true open world
>Switching seamlessly (minus Sneasler, it's so fucking janky) between mounts makes moving around so easy
>Catching Pokemon is significantly expedited, you can even catch legendaries without going into battle with them
>Story is okay, doesn't cut into literally anything you do unlike past games
>Good direction for the series, I hope future games have a grander scale when it comes to battle mechanics
>Overworld shinies, the best fucking feature a pokemon game could ever hope to have
>Shinies are piss easy to obtain, you even get one for free
>Music strokes my nostalgiafaggotry
>Battling is really polished and being able to freely move around during it is fucking awesome, but it's simple

cons
>Battling is the simplest it's been since gen II, I like the battling system in this game, but I wish held items and abilities were in the game
>m-muh graphics!!!
>Sneasler is the jankiest fucking mount I've ever fucking played with (she's cute though)
>Limited item space, even though its piss easy to increase, often makes me have to go back to camp, especially when rifts are about to open
>Inventory system could be better, shops and crafting don't make me run back to the box, neither should requests for items
>Hisuian Zoroark doesn't have Will-O'-Wisp
>Barebones pokemon online features (I like the satchel system though)

There are plenty of other things I could praise/gripe about but fuck typing all that shit. I'm enjoying the fuck outta this game.

I hate Melli so much it's unreal

Played the game for nearly hours and I’m enjoying it so much. Alpha boss battles are awesome.

>I sincerely hope Legends is a tech demo for something bigger coming up next
This. There was a lot of good changes but the few gripes I have outweigh the good things about this game.

Definitely has that game freak "charm"

Attached: 1631886871885.webm (1280x720, 2.57M)