If the new EV mechanic introduced in PLA means a future where IVs aren’t crucial for high stat gains...

If the new EV mechanic introduced in PLA means a future where IVs aren’t crucial for high stat gains, I’d have to say that probably some of the most welcome need to hear in Pokémon games. IVs are an outdated system that screws over the Pokémon you acquire before post game. Couple that with balancing being more realistic for more team comps. Autists are gonna cry as usual, but this streamlines the game and reduces the need to rely on PKhex for any future competitive scene.

Attached: B1D16D74-05AB-4929-AD01-1A0FBE67F498.jpg (400x240, 24.59K)

It’s meant to be tedious to give the games longevity and have you train/breed/catch viable Pokémon to rank up in the battle tower or whatever facility they have in game. I agree that it’s outdated but GF will never give the games true post game so it’s needed to keep people engaged

unlimited EVs on all stats means all mons have the same spread reducing variety even more, you don't play comp but complain about it and it shows

IVs added more depth to customization and opened up some unique strategies. Like making Pokemon slower for trick room, lowering attack stats on a support Pokemon to activate abilities or items, etc.

Instead of removing it completely they should have just made it more accessible.

The new EV mechanic solved this in PLA. You increase them with grits and not battling. You can still have a zero speed mon but it’s much easier.

Bottle caps tried to solve this but couldn’t solve the problem of needing a slower Pokémon.

You can have a 0 speed EV build with the grits, but there is no equivalent to 0 speed IVs with a negative speed nature. It's inherently less customizable.

IVs aren't in the game at all though, are they?

they're there internally for compatibility with the traditional games, but not used in PLA itself

I wouldn't hesitate to blow your brains out if I met you irl.

Really? The game has no abilities, no held items, no pvp, and less than half the moves and you're complaint is about fucking IVs? The game is clearly not going for a customizable battle experience you worthless child. What else could they have possibly done to tip you off to that fact?

I'm not complaining about it in the context of PLA as a single player game. I'm complaining about people wanting it to replace IV's in all future games. Jesus Christ.

and gambare values (grit boost) are nothing like EVs just look at the max stats for the same mon in PLA and in another game with EVs, they also have nothing to to with IV
I don't even know what OP is trying to say but I suspect he has a very limited understanding of how people have been handling EVs and IVs for the past 10 years at least

The grit values are a lot closer to IVs than they are EVs

Just because some pokémon have a little of them on when captured?
they boost your stat like 100 point even more at max, the actual thing they are close to are the candies in LGPE

nice roleplay retard

these are not interesting choices as there is always an objectively best choice, no one is running 31attack alakazams s a strategic choice

how much does each level of grit even give you

depends on the level, higher levels give you more
justy to give you an example
>level 50 scyther Hp stat
>grit level 0 175
>grit level 5 202 (+27)
>grit level 10 259 (+84)

Yes

That’s not too insane. How’s that compare with IVs from 0-40 for Scyther?

Just allow people to allocate IV's whenever and wherever they want without the grind

Yeah, I can understand not liking IVs since a lot of people don't want to deal with the RNG to get the perfect IV spread, but saying grit is better than EVs just shows ignorance

If all stats can be maxed, its ultimately the same as if these boosts don't exist at all.