These designs were so cool. Why the hell do the official designs for pokemon end up way shittier than fan edits?

These designs were so cool. Why the hell do the official designs for pokemon end up way shittier than fan edits?

Attached: a9603adad690e42b46d88860aed90fcd7f19f202_hq.jpg (640x252, 28.57K)

Feraligatr looks like a Digimon. These are too overdesigned, even for Megas.

Join the 41%

Other way around, tasteless

They aren't overdesigned at all wtf? Also Feraligatr changed the least out of the three starters so you are clearly just making shit up.

Over designed is just a buzzword meaning "I don't like this"

Only if you're 10

I thought overdesigned was a buzzword for "too many spikes", which these garbage designs do have.

They're not good designs, but the idea of them being called over designed is laughable

It's pocket monsters, not pocket cartoons. Monsters should be overdesigned. Just ask Godzilla.

Attached: 1631890913487.jpg (594x594, 85.58K)

Because Game Freak doesn’t want anything to overshadow shadow CHARIZARD.

Does any monster collecting game even have designs this cool?

Digimon isn't afraid to get pretty monstrous.

Attached: 1632665272039.jpg (550x700, 288.89K)

It is hard for me to tell what this design is even trying to go for. This is why they kept pokemon designs simple while Digimon continues to flop around for scraps.

Mechagodzilla, duh.
>This is why they kept pokemon designs simple
Definitely nothing to do with making toys.

They're both for making toys. Digimon just wants the audience that buy model gundam kits while pokemon wants preschoolers and girls who take selfies with a bunch of kawaii things behind them.

Look, all I'm saying is that when Pokémon makes a steel dragon, you get a fucking snail. When Digimon makes a steel dragon, you get a fucking steel dragon.

Attached: 1613205452774.jpg (720x985, 116.79K)

>This is why they kept pokemon designs simp-

Attached: ohnononono.jpg (1600x900, 99.39K)

Those aren’t overcomplicated, they’re just shit.

Palkia is literally taking three different models(Palkia, Arceus, Glastrier) and smashing them together

These look like trash.

To be fair these are just fan made, Game Freak doesn’t hate the Johto starters so they gave them Megas that are on par with ones KANTO starters and Hoeen starter got,

Oh….