Why did they completely ruin the battle system in this PL:A?

Why did they completely ruin the battle system in this PL:A?

Attached: 1638599777590.jpg (943x472, 72.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how is it ruined?

>add turn order indicator to make things more transparent
>it doesn't actually mean anything and enemies attack multiple times when you didn't think they were going to
what's wrong with them?

Well I think the turn order indicator is correct and tells you the turns but obviously the ai is going to choose weather they use agile or strong style which messes with the turns. Not like the game is going to tell you beforehand that they are using this style

Strong/agile doesn't seem to be the only thing that determines turn order. I'd like to know more about how it actually works.

sometimes they move twice in a row without an agile attack even though the turn order says it won't happen

I haven't played but I think it looks good? How you can enter battles in the open. I don't know what strong/agile does though.

Sounds like a bug.

Bait but it's amazing how all it took was to streamline the battle system and update the catching mechanics to make the first decent game in a while. Kinda depressing that it took this long.

You just throw your Pokémon at them

That can happen if you're speed tied

Get good

Attached: 1643515846851.png (311x421, 190.27K)

I love this new battle system but I hate the moments where they attack 3 times before me

Moves have innate speed modifiers that will also affect turn order, usually to a smaller degree than agile style.

For example Quick attack/Aqua jet will sometimes get you a double attack. While Giga Impact or Hyperbeam will take away a double attack

>tldr Git gud scrubs.

>finish off enemy with strong style
>next pokemon is sent in, it attacks you 2-3 times
>an expected consequence

>finish off pokemon with low HP with an agile style move
>next pokemon is sent in, it attacks right away

yeah idk. there don't seem to be many ways to strategize with this system, it feels like a crapshoot a lot of the time. You basically get to attack when the game says its your turn

>finish off pokemon with low HP with an agile style move
>next pokemon is sent in, it attacks 1 turn then you get your turn back just like normal pokemon
What's wrong?

>next pokemon is sent in, it attacks right away
Depends on the Pokemon sent in and your speed stat.

youtube. com/watch?v=jAbMY_OLFX0

check out 2:55 till about 3:20. Why do you reckon Golem strikes first after it comes in? I'm not asking this to attack the system itself, I think it's good that the battle isn't a cakewalk, but I'm just curious about the mechanics at play. Golem has 45 base speed and lopunny has 105, and the latter is 11 levels higher and still had an extra turn upon KOing Braviary.

>turn order list shows you, then the enemy, then you again
>enemy Pokemon gets two moves anyway without doing anything special in either of those moves related to speed

It really is a shitshow, it'd be a fantastic feature if it actually worked even remotely consistently.

>Braivary (turn delayed) died after your own 2 moves
>sends in Golem (not turn delayed).
>Turn order updates and it's Komodo's turn.
I've abused this as well by having a deathbed mon use Strong Style Hyper Beam and send in a new one and it's my turn.

Nope. Any mon that's sent in after a fainted one gets their turn instantly, even yours.

The only reason I had any trouble with the last battle is because Volo got 3 completely free revenge kills on me that I couldn't do shit about, then had to take on giratina with half my team dead

Attached: 1478990485477.png (1280x986, 764.05K)

they wanted to make everything different to get the "innovative" points even if it doesn't work well

Volo was ez - I beat him every time with mons to spare. Giratina kept outspeeding and one-shotting my entire party until I dumped grit into speed evs and then finally beat Giratina on the 6th attempt.

>I beat him every time
>the 6th attempt
user...

It's a spin off

>For example Quick attack/Aqua jet will sometimes get you a double attack.
>sometimes
So it's the same rng bullshit that plagues regular battles?

I think pokemon speed, turn priority and move priority are what's at play. I like the system though.

Attached: distortion soon.png (1675x600, 401.27K)

You have to fight volo first user, it was giratina who got him

I probably would have lost to giratina too if I hadn't gotten lucky with paralysis