Why can't we get animation and visuals like this in legends?

Why can't we get animation and visuals like this in legends?
Why?
Most pokemon just walk in circles or do nothing day and night.

Attached: file.png (1787x1550, 3.81M)

Actually pokemon can sleep now. Its almost guaranteed catch then

Even as someone who dropped the series because of it's lies about so called "high quality animations", I think asking for Snap level animations is asking for too much. Not unless you want a region that only has like 80 pokemon, and the entire game is highly linear and scripted.

Yeah if only pokemon were a billion dollar franchise who could afford to spend a million or so polishing their games.

Because there is a difference between animation you are just pointing a camera at and actual models that need to interact with an environment.

As much as I'd like to shit on GameFreak, Snap is an on-rails with scripted events.

Because the situations in which those animations are happening are highly scripted and in a linear game as opposed to the unscripted nature of adventure games like Pokemon mainline.

the animations are bare bones in LA and are sometimes pretty jank, it's not like they don't have the budget for the biggest franchise in history.

It's very doable and they have the resources to do it. It's the highest grossing media franchise but games from 15 years ago make it look primitive. Having a Bidoof swimming with a stick in its mouth or a couple Pichu running around playing really isn't the technical feat you think it is. Games like Fable and Oblivion (both about 15 years old) had tons of unique behaviours like that, like NPCs eating, talking, or in the case of Fable specifically moving crates which they'd drop if you run into them. It really doesn't take much for Game Freak to have a couple behaviours Pokémon do and then stop when the player approaches.

if nothing else, the fucking shading style of snap needs to be implemented. but we will never fucking EVER see it happen, I would bet everything I own on it and my firstborn

Honestly a big problem is that the animators have to reconcile with the fact that the protagonist is going around "killing" and capturing Pokémon. If Pokémon have so much life that pichus are running around playing then it won't feel good to battle or capture them. I guess the solution would be to give them cute and docile animations within the town when they are captured and more feral and violent animations in the wild.

>why doesn't dynamic action game look the same as shitty on rails game?

wow OP you must hate every RPG ever.

>I READ WIKIPEDIA NUMBER SO THE FRANCHISE SHOULD DO WHATEVER I WANT
yeah you're right game freak should put 1000 new pokemon in every game. I read wikipedia number so it's doable and a perfectly reasonable thing to ask for.

>Games like Fable and Oblivion (both about 15 years old) had tons of unique behaviours
did they have over 240 enemies each?

They have the money, this game is clearly not AAA quality like botw or something massive, they aren't some startup with a small budget.

yep, this. Every game is shit because they don't use all the money they have available.

Attached: 1641651547526.png (555x319, 79.28K)

Pureesu understendo and consoomu aor gamu anyway. No asku questionusu

>Actually pokemon can sleep now.
Groundbreaking, this is gonna change the game industry forever

It's not even about being a billion dollar franchise, even a million dollar franchise can make 3d games better than this and beyter optimised.
Even smaller studis can do amazing things.
This is meant to be a AAA game their big game for the year.

Attached: Sitting Mime.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Why are shills defending billionaires on the internet? They don't even pay you. You are worse than a hooker, they at least get the money for each dick sucked

>even a million dollar franchise can make 3d games better than this
what other 3d game has 240+ monsters with modular moves with the monsters interacting with each other? please tell me the game I really want to play it.

>Why are shills defending billionaires on the internet
Ask gen 5 fans

cuck

>Why?
Because people keep buying the games even if they're barebone

im still buying it

Left looks better tho..

>Ask gen 5 fans
Rent fucking free Kaloshill.

Snap is overrated
Colors are pretty ugly and the pokemon do look plastic

>It's very doable and they have the resources to do it.
I agree with this but you have to take into account pokemon is a multimedia franchise and the pokemon company demands a new generation every 3-4 years.
Even with Creatures handling all animations there's simply not enough dev time.

Scripted is fine. Just mark a few Pokemon to have special animations throughout the areas. It doesn't even have to be all the Pokemon, and some of the animations can reused in later games.

There are tons of games with better models, environments and performance. Theres elder scrolls, eve online, even if you don't count them as they're humans, you've got shit like digimon, person, smt and many more that have way high quality, even considering the smaller number.

>and some of the animations can reused in later games
bruh, we're literally in dexit right now because gamefreak allegedly can't just re-use animations... even though they claimed these models were supposed to be future proof to begin with.

I also forgot to mention Gamefreak have to remake previous regions in between gens which takes another good part of their staff and time.
I think TPC should set up more companies like Creatures to handle the overworld and other stuff, it's the only way to get the games done in such a short time.

>Snap is overrated
>Colors are pretty ugly and the pokemon do look plastic
Which means they should try ever again and we shouldn't get interesting animations in any future game. Eating shit is totally fine apparently

Shouldn't*

The game can barely hand 10 pokemon on screen at once, mmos and other games can do that shit easily.
They made this game with bare bones stuff. Most pokemon just walk around, have an alert animation maybe 2 attack animations, fainting, eating and sleeping.
Theres no interraction, they have money to burn even if they had a fraction of those billions.
Other games have tons of shit to worry about like hair, clothing fur, water splashing waves reacting to stuff and so much more.
This isn't a fair compromise seeing how many things those games do, and how little this does, even if there tends to be a number of unique models in this.

Yes GF does have silly resources and we call all theory craft what could be possible infinite time and resource. But that isn't realistic, not with how they or any company acts. The more actions and states an NPC has to transition through the more chances they have of acting really strange or outright breaking.

Oblivion? Oh Tod you wanna bring up those games? They constantly break or snap between states breaking immersion. Not to mention bandits and other enemies have no natural life animations. Now you want to apply that to (lets be nice and say it is a dex cut game) 250 pokemon who have completely different skeletons. You need them to nicely transition between normal, startled, aggressive and preferably not seriously bug out in the process. Bidoof swimming with stick animation adds another layer. Now we need the same set of animations for the water, but what if he is kind of at the edge and the game needs to figure out if he is on land or water? Hopefully the result isn't bidoof is shot up in the air cause of weird collision. Pichu running about also presents issues, does he snap from happy play to shocked or does he need a unique pose to look more natural if hit while playing? Every new state you add creates multiple holes that need filled in. It is never just add animation X.

not really rent free when it's true and there's an example of it directly above your post.

>There are tons of games with better models, environments and performance
ok but which one has 240+ monsters using 150+ different moves?

>Other games have tons of shit to worry about like hair, clothing fur, water splashing waves reacting to stuff and so much more.
ok but which one has 240+ monsters using 150+ different moves?

How many have 900+ "future-proof" models to work with?

>beyter

Most of those moves in the games use the same two maybe three animations, they just copy paste move effects.
Even cyber sleuths made their game look great with a small budget, good animations and 240+ digimon, and no way are they a fucking giant like pokemon.

Meanwhile Typholision maybe has like a tackle, a punch and a breath fire animation but that's about it. It doesn't have like 50 animations for each attack it has they just use one that fits for it. Thunder punch and other punchs use the same animation but different visuals.

Compare that to shit like fighting games like smash that have 50-80 characters, and way more than like 5 animations each, and not just copy pasted shit for each animation wuth a different visual. Assuming they only have a fraction of that billion dollar budget they should have more than enough budget.

They even have shitty programming skills, like the 50 lillies instead of using the same model, or the numerous bugs and performance issues.

I don't know why you're defending this when stuff like stadium, gale, and even battle revolution showed they can do animations for a large number of pokemon.

Still, shills gotta shill.

stadium,gale, and battle rev also don't have to worry about spending money to work on the rest of a region and everything in it which is nice.

Yeah Pokemon is a struggle franchise after all gotta save money.

Digimon and monster hunter habe 200+, and have a shit ton of animations for then

FGO and other gatcha have tons of characters, FGO has like 300+ sure they're 2d but you still gotta draw and program that.
Plus xc2 had way more monsters blades, and unqiue characters than this. There's 192 unqiue blade people alone, you talk with, have cutscenes with, fight, dies, interract, and even more monsters to fight the game world is more bigger than pokemon too.
It's not a question of having more budget and time as it is putting more effoty in.