Is there a single good feature in this game? Anything it actually improved? Shills can't post in itt

Is there a single good feature in this game? Anything it actually improved? Shills can't post in itt

Attached: Encounter-Noble-Pokemon-in-Pokemon-Legends_-Arceus-0-4-screenshot-1.jpg (1920x1080, 148.65K)

better wild areas then swsh

They're just as shit and take up the entire game

they finally fixed some of the annoying shit with battle text. you no longer have to mash a through a bunch of dialog and experience gain is shown on the side of the screen instead of having it's own screen. battling in the actual world instead of being teleported to a void is also nice.

i also do really like being able to just throw balls at pokemon instead of needing to battle each and every one.

Lol literally everything is free camera. Wild area and DLCs were preparing us for LA

First person view

Overworld battling looks cool (note: looks)
The rest is 10 steps backwards on every level, detail and system

catching pokemon is more engaging since it's more than just a button press. It doesn't solve the copy/pasted gameplay, but it'd be a lot worse if catching worked like the other games.

They probably get pressured by the shareholders to transit pokemon to open world like all major franchises already did.

They improved literally everything.

You can freely select your learned moves at any given time from a list instead of having to relearn from an NPC.

TEXT APPEARS WITH ANIMATION!

alphas are just improved dynamaxing

It really is still a button press. You press the button to throw the ball outside battle, or press a button to throw it in battle. Hell, the fact that you have to battle most Pokémok before catching them if they see you really undermines the whole idea of catching them outside battle.

good shit
> catching pokemon is more fun
> got rid of the pokeball three shake
> change moves whenever
> choose when to evolve
> getting ganked is dangerous
> pokemon spawns aren't spasticly dense

bad shit
> graphics - no shit
> way too many story scenes where you just press A to move it along
> your character is silent, but clearly talks to others
> missing music in places
> tutorial goes for too long
> pretty hard to get the PC wiped out
> boss battles are undercooked
> small pokemon variety

Verdict: It's better than I thought it was going to be. People are lavishing too much praise for something that could have been achieved ten years ago by an indie dev. It's a lot more fun when you're dicking about instead of following the story. PLA proves the series needs skippable cutscenes without requiring the player to press 'A' after every line of dialogue. It's a huge step forward and I hope Gen 9 reflects the improvements made.

>pretty hard to get the PC wiped out
If you fill 3 boxes you get multirelease.

Glad i fucking read about this because i kept deleting my mons so I would never got it

Also for plus:
Exploration is needed but not pushed.
Rare pokemon having special spawn spots
Riding AND catching
Attacks performed WITH text

Adding onto good shit

>The town actually develops as you progress through the game with pokemon appearing as you do requests
>Wild pokemon can gang up on you (probably included as the ganking)
>Wild Pokemon can actually be a threat and do damage at an equal level
>Text boxes and animation speed up on their own so you aren't stuck waiting as much

only decent review I've seen in the past week

this game actually depresses me.

Wild pokemon are fucking insane now, I guess that's a plus but I feel bad for any autist who wants to nuzlocke this game. Also the side quests are alright and the interactions are amazing, pokemon animation is super expressive now along with move animations that are actually good, I got hit by an octillerys hyper beam while hiding behind a rock and it scarred me, whenever I hear that charge sound I just start dodgerolling until it stops.

TL;DR it's a really good pokemon game, but it's not for everybody

Wild Pokemons are way to fucking strong sometimes
I was fucking around and my lvl 36 Machoke with 161 HP got hit by a level 16 Scyther for 110 Damage that wasnt a Super effe nor a Crit, nor buffed up.

If you get out the wrong pokemon accidentally a 20 level difference but I'm pretty sure way more can easily one shot your pokemon

>>The town actually develops as you progress through the game with pokemon appearing as you do requests
I fucking love this. Why they havent promoted it in videos?
They did in Kirby and people rejoyced

Good luck on abra with just push a button

New EV matter a lot more.
+3 att wild mon is really strong

user, he meant that it’s that to get the player character to wipe not. Not to wipe out your boxes kek

I think its because the changes can be subtle. Outside of the farm upgrades I don't think you can actually interact with anything that happens.

How's the pvp?

Pvp ruined the franchise for a decade
compfags need to fuck off and stay fucked off

>you have to battle most Pokémok before catching them
Sounds to me like you're just terrible at catching. I've caught roughly 90% of the Pokemon in my storage outside of battle.

Scyther has a high base attack. If he has a plus attack nature and +3 effort, it's perfectly reasonable for it to wreck your Machoke even with a big level difference.

>Hell, the fact that you have to battle most Pokémok before catching them if they see you really undermines the whole idea of catching them outside battle.
That's what you get for your "one button" strategy. Git gud. Utilize stealth, get behind them, aim , throw. That's two buttons and two sticks you need to use, or maybe even three buttons if you want up the strategy and use berries as bait. Might be too complicated for you. 3 different buttons, imagine that. Absolutely impossible for pokemon players who have only pressed A for the last 20 years.

I like the strong and agile moves because it helps you catch pokemon when your only convenient move would finish off the fight, you can weaken your move and leave em on 1 hp. or you power up the move and spend less time watching a second animation.
reducing your power also lets you act twice in a row every once in a while, or atleast make sure it goes first.
you also get to hold on to every single move your pokemon learns and you dont have to visit a move tutor to relearn something. When you go to the "tm lady", that move can be shuffled around your active and stored move pool forever.
no more tm discs, no more stupid fucking heart scales. this is great.
you can evolve a pokemon on command instead of just refusing the cutscene level if you wanted to hold off for a specific move early.

the graphics are dogshit and theres no excuse. if the game looks this bad, I atleast want it in 60 fps. fucking billion dollar company. This is the first time I liked a pokemon game since gen 5

I love that this game is weeding out the shitters that clearly have never touched a game outside of the mainline franchise.

based
single player pokemon was always an entire different game than pvp, and it was stupid. pokemon had all this depth that the campaign didnt use and you didnt need it until the absolute end.
it was never "checked" or required, then you just feel unprepared when you get whooped and now have to google the meta and all this shit.

im still buying it

I like what they did with moves, but other than that no. If they didn't remove most of the content from other pokemon games this game would be decent, but as it is right now it feels like a tech demo

if anything has ruined this franchise and if anything has made it easier to make fun of, it's the singleplayer. the only ones shitting on competitive are people on this subreddit and on twitter crying RNG. RNG is far less insulting than a single-player where characters just don't shut up, the difficulty is nonexistent and fails to make use of the game's mechanics, and you're forced to do shit to make the game longer than it actually is.
>but pokémon was always about the adventure
sure doesn't seem like it these days

Its a shit game because Pokémon is a shit series. I wish all of you would just stop playing it already; not a single game in the series is liked by anyone here.

I'm tired of shills, I'm tired of contrarians, can't you people save us your opinions please?

The Pokemon Company suddenly forgot how to market with this game.

>missibng music in places
user it's obviously intentional

big pokemon

>Is there a single good feature in this game?
No.

so it has all the same problems as gen 5? Good to know.