Is PLA actually great or just good as a template for future games?

Is PLA actually great or just good as a template for future games?

Attached: pokemonla.jpg (286x176, 8.77K)

It's great. There is potential for more but that's true of any game. BOTW is an empty piece of shit.

Both. I'm sure they also have dlc waiting to drop with more content like SwSh

It's actually enjoyable especially compared to SwSh. Wish the graphics were better and smoother tho.

It's better than gen 4 and 5 at least.

Holy shill

It's not great, but it's a start. So out of those 2 options the second one is the true statement. I think a lot of people here give it too much credit for being new when it is weak in many aspects.

PLA is infinitely better than every Pokemon game. You be nitpicky with it without also holding the belief that every single Pokemon game was garbage.

Yes and yes.

Both, it's a great start but there's definitely more that needs to added

This

It's great. Obviously we can't have the same exact battle mechanics and have to account for way more cities in a normal game, but the pure exploration, open-ended design of each area, active capturing without battles, and deeper Pokémon interactions? All of that should absolutely be standardized.

It's great and honestly should be the template for main series games going forward. This is what SWSH should have been

Both. Best mainline game so far. Of course that doesn't mean much, it's still mediocre by game industry standards. Other gamefreak games are just worse than PLA.

Leaves a lot to be desired. But It's a good step forward. GF tried some different things but for the most part they always stuck to the gym badge evil team random encounter formula. Arceus is far from perfect but it's a means to something new and different. Just from the reception, they'll clearly make a sequel, hopefully the next game is based around gen 9 pokemon to give a fresher experience. I mean Arceus contains most of the pokemon I like, but also I've spent the better part of the past 20 years capturing shit like rhidons. Even if you're freshening up the formula it's gonna feel stale when you use ancient mons.

This game's alternative to gyms is cool, fill out a more detailed Pokedex and you can use more powerful Pokemon that way. That could easily be expanded to HM's. The only thing I don't like is 'throwing bags of food at a raging boss to calm them down' that just felt so goofy.

GTFO you retard. BOTW has way more shit to do and actually feels like a complete game. PLA on the hand has tons of cut content and features and even had a day one patch. BOTW lives rent free in your head because no one had even mentioned it.

PLA is a good template for future games.

It's not fucking good. Wild Pokemon are the focal point but any sense of an ecosystem is non-existent. All the Pokemon do is walk around and react to the player. The game is an MMO fetch quest fest, there hasn't been a single improvement made to Pokemon. This is a poor man's Pokemon snap and you have to be a special kind of retard to "enjoy" it. Of course we all know you're paid dancing monkeys. Pokemon should not turn into this trash.

>BOTW has way more shit
literal Korok shit after you collect 1000 Korok seeds

no thanks I'll be catching and battling Pokemon

Didn't ask you.

>All the Pokemon do is walk around and react to the player
So?

Take your meds

BOTW is one of the worst games I have ever played. I hated it

>All the Pokemon do is walk around and react to the player
As opposed to what? Just appear as random encounters in grass? Yea no this system is much better you retard.

nah your life is

Gamefreak's Team B has always been more talented

>Finding and upgrading armor
>Finding the dragons and collecting the items they drop
>Finding the ideal horse
>Various minigames scattered across Hyrule
>Obtaining the Master Sword
>Upgrading the Sheikah Slate
>Finding Link and Zelda's memories
>Using Korok leaves to sail the sea

That's not even everything either. BOTW has several ways to interact with the environment in general.

This game will ruin the future of the series just like what happened with Zelda

I prefer Random encounters to getting sniped off horseback by some random Pokemon. The overworld meme is a bust. But that's not what I said. I said there is no ecosystem. The world doesn't feel alive because the Pokemon that the game is so interested in don't do anything in the wild.

>>(((49485042)))
lmao yes randomly springing into existence if you step into tall grass/cave floor/water is so much more realistic. What open world game even gets that detailed? Far Cry 2?

>I prefer Random encounters
Kill yourself you brain-dead mongoloid.

future template like all GF games have been for a long time

Both, but mostly a solid foundation for future games. Being able to send out Pokémon from your pokeballs is kino

So Monster Hunter but crappy?

They don't randomly spring into existence, they just aren't visible.

Cope niggercattle

It's great, I'm actually hoping gen 9 goes in this direction, it'd be stupid to go back to straight forward, pathed routes, have each route be like this, but with more to find/do, I do feel this was sort of a test game to see how well it does and to get us familiar with it.

The game also doesn't look as horrible in game, still bad but not as bad as the trailers made it look.

>It's great, I'm actually hoping gen 9 goes in this direction
The direction of tedious MMO fetch quests instead of fun?

Better than any of the shit gf put out on 3ds/switch before this

define "fun"

There is nothing fun about battling 400 NPCs with shitmons and braindead AI

Both the wild Pokemon (even the ones that aren't alpha or noble) and the few trainer battles in PLA are harder than anything in the franchise

>is it actually great?
it's better than most (maybe all? hard to assess this nostalgia-free) mainline games that preceded it, but after a formula that's gone more or less unchanged for more than a quarter of a century that's not hard.
>good template for future games?
this, i think, is where PLA excels. there are a lot of quality of life improvements that should be standard going forward, but there are plenty of things still left on the table. it's a very good foundation to build on for future games, and i'm looking forward to seeing what the inevitable dlc consists of as it may be indicative of what conclusions gamefreak is drawing from the game's success.

Who the fuck cares if they change the formula if it's shit anyway?

As a first attempt by GF, it's actually great.
By the standards of games that aren't Pokemon... it's honestly still pretty good.

I like how random fights are more of a threat, I like how you have to pick your fights to avoid having enemies gang up on you (I wish you could do double battles against multiple Pokemon though, it's really lame having a whole bunch of enemies gang up on your one Pokemon and you have to send them to eat shit one-by-one), I like how they tried to experiment with the battle system (still dunno why they ditched abilities).

It has clear flaws:
>the artstyle is ugly
>there just aren't enough trainers, even if there are story reasons for it
>the environments are kind of barren -- it feels a bit baffling that Sinnoh in the future is depicted as more heavily forested, for starters
>sometimes, I'm immensely reminded of an MMO

They wanted to have a real-time boss encounter. It's definitely a bit awkward, though.

There's nothing fun about traveling through empty fields full of shitmons with brain dead AI

Attached: 1464721053589.png (480x435, 218.99K)

>OP asks a question
>People answer OPs quest based on their opinion
>Instead of giving OP his own opinion this faggot proceeds to wall quote a dozen people and start screeching and flinging shit
Whatever point you were trying to make, got lost in your seething spergfest. You are the literal definition of autism.
Also I literally didn't say any of the shit you claim I did, so manybe calm your blind rage next time before you just start clicking random posts you inbred fuckwitted cunt.

Shut up niggercattle

PLAfags literally eat Gamefreaks shit

It's the best AI the franchise ever had

Snap is better

The other user is disingenuous, let him be. There’s objectively better incentives to explore in botw than in legends and those are facts.
I can see legends being a good template for the future of the franchise, though. Aside from bland, plain ass landscapes to go through with lots of mons spawning and stupid quests to complete, you got a bad story and a not-so-polished combat system, but some NPCs have unique ways of reacting to what you’re giving them (the wurmple npc, for one), the combat system can be perfected easily to be more modern/snappy and the exploration of those various zones can be better with some rewards like lore findings or puzzles to unblock shits (a bit like ruins of alph or regismon puzzles?).
Even with those terrible graphics, future games could be 10x better than what we’ve got just by giving better exploration incentives, instead of catching brainlessly in the wild and fighting x times to complete the dex.

You know how hard you're coping right? Pokemon gets worse with every new game. There is no basis for thinking the next games will be good.

It's the template. I wonder if gen 10 is going to improve on it or if it's going to take a feather from the cap of the last three gens and just do the same thing but with one new gimmick.

template
I'm having fun being autisistic
but it feels like a proof of concept for suits and shareholders that they can do something new and still get huge numbers
if the next game doesn't actually make the game look better and flesh things out and add following Pokemon I expect it to fizzle outMight not see another Pokemon game until Nintendo launches new hardware honestly
the last good Pokemon game they could launch on Switch is a stadium like game that you can use everything in imo
maybe milk a decent DLC out of PLA.

It's good but there's literally no point in ever engaging in pokemon battles because the only pokemon you'll ever want to battle are Alphas and it's way easier to just stealth catch them with berries and heavy balls. Everything else can be snipe captured with feather balls. While the game is fun this unfortunately means you collect a bunch of strong alpha pokemon just to do nothing with them because there's no actual point in battling which kind of ruins the whole thing. It really is just a template for future games the whole game needs a huge rebalancing for it to actually be a video game and not just a sandbox proof of concept.

Just imagine if this game had someone other than pokemon and ask yourself the same questions.
Mainline games have a formula that is liked and works. Here it really is like MH lite / MMO from 20 years ago. You only like it because it's pokemon. And that's ok. I like smash for that reason too. I wouldn't touch that series if it just had FE and other human characters.

The game is probably the apex of the Pokémon series. When put up against another AAA open world game however, it’s faults are brazen.
However, if gamefreak were to take the assets they created here and expound on them with exploitable dungeons, expanding the side quest system, etc., then there can only be improvement. So I guess to answer your question, it’s both.

9/10 for a Pokémon game
7/10 otherwise in my opinion

That’s literally every fucking game. The monsters exist solely to interact with the player. What you want shit like catching too many Bidoofs causes floods because they can’t damn rivers anymore? They can stand to add a bit more like watching bird Pokémon hunt magikarp but for a start (especially by Gamefreak standards) what we got isn’t all that bad. I can’t possibly wrap my head around how someone could think the same old “walk through grass, get badges, dick on evil team” formula is better then this. Don’t like the game? Fine that’s your opinion, but it is just straight up an objective truth that PLA has more effort put into it then every single previous mainline Pokémon game.

Snap is an on rail shooter with scripted events. It’s not “AI” if they have a single pre-determined reaction to user input that the developers already designed to happen. I already know you haven’t even played the game you genetic dead-end

Alright, Einstein what would you have them do then? They keep the same formula, you complain. They change it and try something new, you complain. If you don’t like the old formula or the new, why are you even fucking here?

Enemies in BotW just stand there on their little platforms and that game got 97/100. Calm down.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP ENJOYING THINGS I DONT LIKE
Why you come on this sub if you dont like pokemon anymore ?

It's okay which is amazing for pokemon game but with some fixes for next game it should good

Is this autism?

>hopefully the next game is based around gen 9 pokemon
>ruining the game with nu mons

literally all they had to do was have your starter come out and shoot fire/water/grass(seeds) balls and let you play as the Pokemon

this game need DLC called "timejump".arceus makes some magic and you will go 100years forward

why did everyone let you get away with pretending like botw was actually just not functional without its day 1 patch

Absolutely fantastic, I love my Switch

Are evolution items locked behind rank? I'm farming Graveller for the augurite but they aren't dropping

Just leave dude

it's a poor excuse of a pokemon game

it's pretty good but it can definitely be better. IF they polish a more interesting story with less handholding tutorials, improve graphics and add more landmarks/events of interest in the world, it could be a GOTY contender for sure.