We could have had this!

We could have had this!
All he needed was shoulder pads.
The smallest change to the GF approved design could have looked so much nicer!

Attached: FJv1gZRVcAAtHmc.png (553x472, 58.44K)

>making it cooler than Charizard
You don’t understand how Game Freak works do you

GF truly fucking sucks balls

hes a monk/priest which is why it’s ghost so why the fuck would it get design inspiration from that

what implies that it's a monk/priest?

Nothing will ever be cooler than Charizard.

It does look better here. The draping fur is really neat.

Both Dragonite and gengar are cooler

Then where are Dragonite and Gengar's X and Y mega forms? Where is Dragonite's gmax form? Obviously Charizard is cooler, so he gets more forms.

Too much Soul, can't have that

>asking for MORE humanoid features on a starter
I thought those were supposed to be bad

Avalugg and Vanilluxe are

If you mean Incineroar his suddenly going bipedal humanoid was only part of the problem. Most of it is down to going full retard wrestler cereal mascot fursona. It'd be like taking OP's image from just some fur spikes to the most stupid extremes until Typh looks like something a Kabuki clown threw up

hahaha good one

Attached: 9549BAB0-70FC-47E5-BD9E-BC807FCC2E29.jpg (517x408, 29.49K)

Gamefreak executes its concepts usually in the most bland and uninspiring way possible. Hisui Arcanine is the perfect example of this. We all expected exactly what they gave us but it was really underwhelming.

Attached: HisuiArcanine.png (240x240, 40.37K)

>ghost type
>giant prayer bead flames
>faggy silhouette

Overdesigned desu

I kind of thought this while looking at Hisuian Arcanine's model compared to the concept art, but do you think that, for a while now, designs might've been influenced by the premise that it should be easy to make into a plushie or toy?
Like, when I see a concept design/idea for a pokemon and then the actual models are much simpler, I'm left wondering if someone from the toy division is now hired to stand on the design room floor and go "No, simplify this, it won't work in plushie form if you give it too many tiny bits"

Attached: 1509588486111.jpg (480x480, 27.22K)

yeah except make this a plush

Attached: 53DF4784-743C-42E5-A2BB-75C7DDAAE0C3.jpg (1600x900, 99.39K)

How is it hard? Just make every extremity stubby and make the "ring" a separate foam piece.
They made the normal Palkia and Dialga into plushies, these should be even easier.

>DUDE JUST MAKE IT EDGY AND LE BADASS LMAO
What else should I expect from shitty fan redesigns?

>dude just put make-up on it and hair curls lmao

truly GF is ineffable and unerring

I'd be inclined to believe that's the case if the first 3 gens or so had the most complex designs on average and the least number of easily plush-able monsters.

They're hitodama not prayer beads

It's a ghost type you poser, it's supposed to be edgy. Plus any sort of effort would be eons better than the lazy shit GF did

What a disappointment this was. Could have been a big ugly shisa, with more lion than dog features, but no we just get an arcanine covered in dirt for the furfags to coom over.

the first ghost type in the series is a floating ball of gas with eyes that turns into a featureless fat thing with a giant grin. Fuck off underagefag.

I like OP image's evil daimyo direction more than the monk one. Maybe if they'd done more with the flames to better represent the neck beads. But as it stands it's too minimalistic and bland. A watered down purple version of normal Typhlosion that looks like it's about to take a nap. It's the third form of a starter, it's okay to milk the design a bit. Expected, even.

>it's okay to milk the design a bit. Expected, even
the gen 4 starters don't represent every starter, autist.

How the fuck is this basic ass design edgy or overdesigned? Have pokefags just stop trying to hide their literal children and have evidently never seen a single edgy or overly detailed design in their lives?

>Gastly: Almost invisible, this gaseous Pokémon cloaks the target and puts it to sleep without notice.
>Haunter: By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.
>Gengar: A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you.
Ghost pokemon tend to be edgy little shits, user.

They're clearly both. Hitodama circling the neck like prayer beads.

Anything that isn't literal bland calarts shit is overdesigned to these retarded zoomer children. If it's not the most inoffensive do-nothing approach it's trying too hard

>B-BUT THE POKEDEX!!
ok then just give it an edgy pokedex description and stop making retarded designs. Problem solved.

If you don't like the design, then you simply don't like it. That doesn't mean there's something is wrong with it though.

>That doesn't mean there's something is wrong with it
Yes it does.

You're going against holy Gamefreak, that's what's wrong. Now if they'd done this he'd be praising it just as hard if not harder and shitting on any deviation from it as the worst idea ever conceived of

>You're going against holy Gamefreak
no, just making a terrible design and passing it off as good.

that’s why I said prayer bead flames not prayer beads sorry I don’t know the nip word for spooky fire but you get the point

I don't care for it, but honestly how is this not official?
>Decidueye got revamped into being a ronin
>Samurott got a texture swap because its already a Samurai
>Typhlosion doesn't get anything traditional jap related. it just gets leaner and a choker because ???

Attached: nrnagNF.jpg (307x462, 27.63K)

The one we got is based on monks.
Its cool.

Pretty sure H!Typhlosion has something to do with yokai wandering the earth during a certain day or something; not that that's communicated in its design very well.

Yeah, the only hint we got was his special attack's japanese name

>BRO JUST ADD RANDOM DETAILS AND SPIKES LEL
this looks like trash and you should kys for liking this overdesigned digimon garbage
i'm so glad fakemon artists aren't allowed to make official design

shut up turner, your shit is on par with your average deviantart faggot.
and yeah, fan shit is equally bad as your official shit except S. Lugia and Golurk, those are fine

honestly it's kinda growing on me

Attached: Official Artwork.png (1500x1610, 516.41K)

I like his stoner face

I think it's more about simplifying the design because the 3d modellers aren't capable of designing something complex.