PLA Questions Thread

old >FAQ
rentry.org/vpPLAquestions

>Shiny rates
archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1643/29/1643294598487.png

Attached: pla-op6.jpg (707x1000, 132.44K)

Guys, where can I find alpha Petilil? Can't seem to find them ...

How to get big buizel for quest? Does it have to be alpha?

Where are the bidoof for bothersome bidoof quest? I already found the one near the front and the gate.

>Does it have to be alpha?
No

either in the lilly field or by the alpha sliggo

read the OP stupid

Not a question but I truly appreciate the little changes around Jubilife as you progress through the game. You actually see buildings being constructed and the pokemon you interact with during requests become part of the town. Like an early game example is seeing the Bidoofs working around town and at night you can see them sleeping on the roof tops. Bringing Alpha pokemon to requests also gets a reaction out of some of the characters.

Just keep catching them and check their description. If it's 2'8" or bigger it'll work.

Is it considered impressive if I nabbed the Alpha Alakazam in the starting area when I'm at 2 stars?

Attached: cryeat.png (997x781, 425.75K)

I'm on buizel #23 -_-

You won’t be able to use it

I ended up just giving him an Alpha I ran into. I saw one too many Buizels at 2'7'' and just said fuck it since I wasn't using it anyway.

Considering the Buizel hangs around outside the gates forever now I don't regret it

Wait, alphas can appear on random spawns? I was thinking all alphas were static spawns.

Cherim don't exist btw. Anyone that shows screenshot of it or its dex entry is literally just photoshopping. Don't fall for the baits.

yes its just a rare chance. petilil can also be alpha right outside the first campsite

yeah i finally got an alpha one

kneel

Attached: ryujinx_capture_2022-01-28_21-44-34.png (3840x2160, 2.33M)

>impressive
maybe but I would never admit that
just caught my second one. seethe :)
I can't even find alpha buizels

How do I roll Ginter's offers faster?

Attached: PokémonLegendsArceus_2022-01-29_19-53-30.jpg (7680x4320, 3.51M)

This didn't work but I got an Alpha Lopunny so thanks I guess user

I guess I got lucky, it was across the river from Horseshoe Plains, right around where the Alpha Floatzel spawns

I can catch these Alpha Pokemon at the Lake trials, right?

How tf does trading online work? There’s a code but how do you get it?

>This didn't work
You will need to go back to town if the trees don't shake.

Can you use multi select to release multiple pokemon?

I'll kill you and your god luck motherfucker

Nice photoshop
>Too lazy to even make a photoshop

Yes

There is multi-release, I think you get it after you fill a few boxes at the pastures.

Yeah but you gotta unlock it

Time to save scum

Is there any way to make Braviary fly upward? It feels more like it's just gliding, and its super awkward to get it to higher places with how the flying seems to work.

It is a glider it just descends very slowly unless you're nosediving

What's the optimal nature for H-Decidueye? Also where can I discuss potential competitive faggotry for the game?

cool thanks

Any idea what triggers the farm growing? When I started I felt like all I needed was one trip to collect on it but now it seems to be taking longer but I'm also going out for quicker trips now.

Is it a real world time thing or something else?

How soon can I get a teddyursa?

Can you only find the Kleavor evolution item in space-time distortions?

After the first lord, in the second area.

As soon as you get to the second area.

Right after beating the first boss. It's in the second area.

Any good placas to farm Iron Chunks? Needing them

places*

I'm pretty sure Ursaluna dug one up for me. You can also trade it.

look for a black one

how to shiny hunt?

want green manhole cover

Attached: 436.png (250x250, 21.57K)

when is my arceus phone gonna get the pokebox anywhere update? I'm tired of running all the way back.

Also how come in a game where catching pokemon is the main thing and many of the same we can't have a "use this box for this pokemons".
Like you catch a bidoof and you move it into box #4 and select an option to all bidoof to go to that box if empty.

Im sure this has been addressed but I'll ask again. I just caught an alpha shinx. If I train it and evolve it will it still have it's alpha stats and size?

yes

Yes.

The Kleavor item can also be found by beating the fuck out of Gravellers and hoping it drops. I think you can catch them too

Tossing up if I should buy a Switch+PLA today.
Money isn't the issue, just can't really justify buying a console for one game. What else do you guys play on the Switch?

You never get a portable PC
You can just teleport to camp and talk to the NPC there though

Does anyone actually know the triggers for a mass outbreak? One side I found on Google says you have to have beaten the game yet I know that's wrong because I already had one.
Is this something I can reliably get again I really would like another shot at a shiny kricketune

How do I evolve an eevee to Sylveon?

But then I have to run all the way back again.

I wouldn't mind running around forever IF the environments were pretty to look at but they are dreadful.

Not worth it.

Attached: 1640417375459.jpg (491x487, 24.18K)

Evolving Basculin is a fucking pain, self inflicted damage is fine but it can’t be healed and it can’t faint, therefor you need a Basculin with 300+hp and a prayer you don’t miss an attack/get hit, is there an easy way of doing it?

Returning to Jubilife resets the Pokemon that spawn apparently.

You can heal

There's a code? So you don't need the internet?

Ursaluna's digging is pretty good for farming Iron Chunks. If you find them you will usually get 10.

You reckon, even just for a casual playthrough?
Nice digits

What's the max amount of Pokemon you can be ganged up on by? Just had 5 including an Alpha surround my poor Bibarel

Research it as much as you can and pray for an outbreak.

If you've never had an interest in the Switch and it's library then there is no point now.

I wouldn’t buy it for one game, Legends is pretty fun though, easily top 3 Pokémon games, as for other games, Mario Oddysey, Breath of the Wild, Metroid Dredd and Hyrule Warriors are all also pretty fun, SwSh with the DLC is pretty decent too but not worth the price tag at all

basically my eyes watching the environments.

If you weren't interested in a Switch before then PLA isn't the one to validate a 300+ dollar purchase. The game is worth it but its not "buy a console just for this game" worth it.

You're not meant to look at them

It's cumulative, you don't need to do it all in one fight

i think Leon is still my favorite individual trainer battle in the series but Volo is certainly a close second

Why does it feel jubilife is using the base model of that little town hero area?

Is there a reason to going past 10 research points for a pokemon in the pokedex? It seems really easy and quick to get 10 research points and it says completed, but there are more points that can be earned. What does unlocking everything get you if it's already completed at 10 points?

Attached: IMG_20220129_145625_485~2.jpg (720x550, 103.08K)

How do you feed Pokémon? Healing with berries what I thought but no, a site said throwing berries at them while in jubilife but no

Fully completing all research tasks on a pokemon increases shiny odds, also getting level 10 research on every pokemon is still not enough points to reach rank 10 and you'll need to do some more extraneous tasks

>just caught this bad boy on the way to a Drifloon Outbreak
>but I already have a Dark type in Samurott
>and a Poison type in Roserade
>and it's and Overqwil's learnset is utter garbage
fuck

Attached: 1631929811360.jpg (1280x720, 160.07K)

If you do it all its perfected and that specific mon is easier to get as a shiny

you need to feed wild pokemon

Getting the full thing complete will make finding shinies easier for that mon
and doing every single mon's full gives you further bonuses but please don't waste your life doing that

Release it

cope

Nice photoshop post.

Guys I'm starting to doubt the existence of Cherrim. Trees aren't shaking for me at all anymore, I can't even find Burmys

For outbreak shiny hunting do I have to kill them all or just one until they stop spawning

Thanks for the suggestions, always been keen to play BoTW actually so this might be a good chance. Haven’t played the Metroid series since the GameCube either.
I wouldn’t say I’ve “never been interested” in the switch, I was keen to play BoTW but I couldn’t justify buying the new console for one game (never buy the first batch of any console), keen on the MH games too but LGPE and Swooshie didn’t do enough for me.
Thanks user, my thoughts too desu but if I can find a few more games worth playing I might take the plunge.

>Cherrim
No such thing.

First console batches have been superior for the past three generations

question about the arceus fight, is there an opportunity to send out your pokemon to battle? i never got a chance against Dialga, which was really lame, if you cant against arceus i might not bother doing the dex

Just off the top of my head
>Red ring of death
>Blue screen of death on $1000 PS3s
>Overheating Ps4s
>Broken disc drive Xbox (new one no idea what they’re called)

Anyone?

There's a 'break the orbs' supermove that you can interrupt for an opportunity to battle.

That's weird cause my guy took it even when my buizel was 2'7"

360 is the outlier. All the other have been better for hacking, emu and backwards compatibility

just go to an area, go back to village and repeat until it happens
might have to beat Kleavor first and the more areas you have the more chances one has of appearing

>360 was the outlier
I just named 3 consoles lol
>Older better for hacking and emulation
Sure maybe it’s better for hacking but realistically a small percentage of people will ever do that. Only one that comes to mind that is better is the switch though, n3DS is the best handheld CFW device, can only assume unless it’s impossible to jailbreak other consoles are the same because of better hardware.

Is there any point in the game you stop getting cutscenes every 5 fucking minutes and they actually let you play and explore? I'm after the first alpha (kricketune)

user there's like one cutscene every hour once you get past the opposite gender protag tutorials
try exploring instead of heading straight to wherever people tell you to go

Ah, I tried a few times with no luck I'll mess with it more, thans

>there are no cutscenes if you don't do the story! dah!
lol

I don't understand what you want. Do you want the story to specifically tell you to go out and explore instead of you just deciding to do it for yourself?

Better graphics

Cherrims catch rate was definitely modified for this game right? 1 hp from false swipe + paralysis and ultra balls aren't working

there's one specific spot where Cherrim is literally impossible to catch

Is it in the Mirelands?

I had no idea people were having so much trouble finding Cherubi/Cherrim. I caught one (Cherubi) on my first trip to the Heartwood and thought nothing of it until this thread

Attached: 1618252602074.png (706x538, 489.21K)

I don't actually know myself, I just remember there being tons of emulator fags unable to catch the same Cherrim

Just reached Area 2 with 5 stars and a level 45 team.

I wonder how many stars one can earn from Area 1, I'm guessing 6-7.

max friendship and make sure it knows a fairy type move. eevee learns baby doll eyes naturally around level 18

Obsidian Fieldlands must be really small then cause I took the time of exploring it all and even then I was interrupted several times.

I found like 6 cherrims in the process of trying to find one cherubi

>"There no cutscenes if you dont do the story dah!"
Yes the game gives you freedom of side quest, exploration to find small areas where certain Pokemon are materials alpha mons etc etc and the option to blast through the story if you run face first into a bunch of story related shit and complain about cutscenes youre just retarded sorry.

>Battle with Cherrim has gone on so long that that the sun has set and it changed forms

I'm mad as fuck right now but I gotta admit thats a neat detail

is there anywhere I can catch an alpha Gastly/Haunter/Gengar?

>all these people struggling to catch a cherrim
>tfw I got one by just hitting a tree in the second area and then throwing a single pokeball at it
god I'm such a good pokemon trainer.

They don't have a fixed location but they're so common at night that you're bound to run into one eventually

Attached: 2022012519332600_s.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

I saw an Alpha Haunter near one of the bogs, not sure if it was a random or scripted though

Why are you still battling it? It's bugged so you can't catch it.

There's a scripted alpha ghastly near the edge of the rightmost part of the crimson mirelands, just go down there at night and you'll run into it eventually.

Is Blissey any good? I just caught an alpha chansey and I really wanna use her and she has a biggass movepool too.

Interrupted by what? There's only "cutscenes" by going to story related places that are marked on the map

Blissey has beeg HP, feed her rocks to get her defenses and HP up and then enjoy the ride

so it's like, 1880 right?

If we're going on established lore it's the mid to late 1920s

that late? Is this japan just a slacker for colonizing hokkaido? I thought we were 1900-05 at the latest

So, like... can you swim? I'm taking on water boys

Attached: 4yd4uyr6jftitweryrf.jpg (1920x1080, 194.76K)

How to improve performance on Ryujinx? IS Yuzu better?

It's probably Meiji or late Edo period, but people are saying it's the 1920s because some Japanese exclusive Pokémon encyclopedia by Creatures Inc from 1996 said Pokéballs were invented in 1925. Now retards are using that to argue about the canon of this game l.

Sunk Cost fallacy

and I spent too much time trying to catch one that I don't wanna suffer again

Honestly I have no idea, I'm just going off of guidebook that says pokeballs were invented in 1925 and Laventon saying that they're a recent invention

nah it's definitely not Edo, japan has definitely been opened up to the west.

user....

user have you been unconscious while playing? Has pressing A finally got you in a vegetable state?

Does 1.01 fix the cherrim bug? reeeee

?

I think it has to do with Pokemon caught. Takes me about 2 trips with 10 Pokemon each to rotate. So try catching 20 Pokemon?

HOLY FUCKKKKK

Attached: 1612778212549.png (573x557, 572.49K)

Are they in? The answer might make me get the game

Attached: 61a8d517baf85ad6131b8c9f80ffcea684b16b67r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 58.73K)

Every gen 4 mon is in.

FUCK YOU

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? ALL I GOT WERE BIBARELS

you can catch it tho

Does saving in Jubilife before leaving for an outbreak reset the encounter table or is it locked? Been trying for a croagunk and I wanna make sure this works.

What are the early impressions of the new Scyther form? Being Bug/Rock isn't super great, but sheer force with his Stone Axe seems like it has potential

Attached: kleavor.png (500x487, 202.78K)

When do I have to save to reset to get a female starter?
Before I catch the 3 starters for Laventon.
Or right before you get to pick one?

Attached: 15-1.jpg (1920x1080, 184.33K)

Anyone know if I need BDSP for Darkrai or if there's a way to spoof the save file? I remember doing something like that with LGPE and SWSH.

This mass outbreak shiny with 1/152 chance of getting a shiny without a shiny charm works.

1) Disable autosave
2) travel to the area with the mass outbreak and SAVE there
3) travel as fast as possible to the mass outbreak site especially using braviary so you can see the shinies from overhead without being spotted. If shiny, land and save and catch the shiny. If not shiny, fast travel back to camp, attempt to travel back to jubilife/ancient retreat.
4) See if the mass outbreak is still there.

If there - repeat steps 2-4.
If not - reload your save
Pic related is what I got after 1 hour.

Attached: 1621930422743.png (5x5, 108)

If you're playing on ryujinx you really need to download BDSP and open it using ryujinx

Right before you pick one.

It's time boys

Attached: outbreak.png (727x304, 308.71K)

Jealous. Congrats! Though catching those motherfucking runners will be a pain

Did they reduce the odds or are you sure it's not locked earlier? I've reset 70 times now and only got males.

6 is very easy if you're just a little bit of a completionist, 7 can be done with a bit of effort.

Really, no one has the answer? No one's even asked these questions?

+speed
if your speed is too low in this game your enemy can move 3 times in a row before you can even act

That's because the game will unlock competitive with the release of pokemon home. There's just no telling right now

I need 6 Pokémon for my living Dex.
Rowlet, Dartrix, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Oshawott and Dewott.

All rift Pokémon. All super rare. Fml

god Basculin is such a bitch to get. Aiming on water sucks even with the bullet time mid-jump, and you can't even battle it because you have to be extremely lucky to even get one attack off before it runs away, basically leaving you to try and hail-mary catch it at full health.

They're not rare within rifts, just be in the right spots.

Anyone got a shot of overqwil in the water?

Does it float above it like on land, or floats on the water?

So how do I get a full moon? Just keep sleeping at night until Ursaring says it can evolve?

Yeah

So what exactly are these Effort Levels all about?

I’ve been in 4 rifts in coronet highlands and no owls :(

Took me a few tries but it worked. Thanks!

Attached: 1629353143635.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

He sits in the water like quilfish does

Attached: 0276026723056.png (393x407, 236.76K)

Where the FUCK do I find peat blocks? Urusaluna isn't finding shit for me.

yay! 1/152 is so fucking busted

It's random, just keep trying.

sniff them out with Ursaluna in the Crimsons
yes it's random, I got one first try

I've gotten them in other maps as well.

has anyone complied a list of the ancestors and who they relate to

Is there a recommended way to get diff mons in rifts? Just battle/catch all the ones that show or just wait for them to disappear?

I got gangraped twice by Alpha haunters + random mons in one of those distortion bubbles

What I find works best is to throw balls at the ones you want, then hop on Wyrdeer and fucking book it to the other side of the bubble. They seem to despawn if you get to far away except for the future mons like porygon and magnemite

Theres no way it was catchable. I went through basically every single ball I had while keeping it false swiped and paralyzed.
The thing is there wasn't a single time where I got the "tired" bounce while in the ultra ball, it was always doing the full jump then popping out. I was over 15+ levels over it as well.

I either found the most rebellious lv28 Cherrim in existence or I experienced a bug

Make that 85 now.

When can I get nature mints?

I just hide in grass and lob balls at every pokemon I see

>see something I don't recognize sticking out of a river
>use one of the long-range balls
>success, it's a quillfish that looks new!
>level 56
>the rest of my team is level 20

freaky sweet speedrun strat found?
I managed to catch the big rapidash with it too since it obeyed me for two attacks and thats all it took

Keep upgrading the farm, I think I was at the beginning of the fourth area when I finally got the option

I'm not convinced the full moon actually exists

Just sleep until night and check item if it's usable, you're not checking the sky like a retard, are you?

Sounds like a decent idea.

Wait three mins zoomie you’ll see it

what happens if you kill a big red eyed pokemon?

Of course not.

Keep trying friend. I just wish you didn't have to make the trek to Ursas Ring everytime just to check

Where exactly is Turtwig? I've looked all around the Holm of Trials but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near the Alpha Torterra unless I'm scaring it off and not noticing.

Turtwig spawn on the eastern side, I believe. In a little dead end area with a pond.

The one I found was over here

Attached: 1632336966270.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Attached: 1633551438684.png (994x508, 775.7K)

I never found one in the Holm of Trials but there was a Turtwig and Grotle in the bottom right part of the map for me behind a small pond

thanks a ton, I sorely needed a permanent grass type and I haven't really liked a single one thus far

Thank you for the guide

Attached: shiny.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Can I find Chimchar before the Cleaver Noble fight? I’ve read they’re around the Deertrack Path/Highlands area but I’ve been looking for atleast an hour and nothing

I'd imagine they'd be in the trees if the quest is anything to go on, not sure though

Theres a specific Chimchar you face as apart of a request in that area, I think thats the one the guides are referring too and they don't spawn naturally. The request comes pretty early but probably after the Kleavor fight

I'm still pre-kleavor. how soon can I find the duskull line?

why isn't there a thread for game discussion?
Like the game just came out, if you ignore the leaks.
why can't we post stuff that isnt' questions and just talk?

Third area

Any secret to catching Alphas early on? I'm at two stars and I've been trying to catch this Alakazam for two hours. Ambush heavy balls and getting it to red hp + drowsy haven't been doing shit.

Third zone, you actually catch a dusclops as apart of the main story

This is kinda the defacto thread since everything is generally shitposting

So the lower level a pokemon is with innate effort levels the higher stats it can get right?

>you actually catch a dusclops as apart of the main story
oh fuck yes
thankye

How long do space time distortions fully form? One just showed up and I wanna watch it, but it’s taking forever.

I'm curious about this too, and do alphas have any advantages over normal mons other than having one different move?

So, has anyone blacked out and actually had their lost items returned to them via other players online?

Takes about three minutes. Open your map, there's a smaller circler around the rift logo that fills up.

Attached: 01001f5010dfa000_2022-01-30_00-07-42-529.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

The move is usually mastered, so it saves you a seed.

How? It and the Snorlax don't even show catchable for me

Pokemon master existing moves by leveling up. Seeds are purely for if you have to have it RIGHT NOW.

Not tutor moves, which alphas have.

I have twice, accidentally threw myself off a mountain both times. It took a few hours both times but it happened. I try to make it a point to grab any bag I see on my map but I seriously wonder how often I'm collecting real players bags and not just AI generated shit. That or theres a player named Annie out there thats really struggling dodging attacks

It just formed after I made the post. So how long do they stay? Can I sleep and it’ll still be there?

What does dynamic range even do ?

considering i've seen some dumbass names, im pretty sure it's real. im more curious as to how many people they assign one satchel to. am i likely the first person getting to it, or has that person's items been saved already

Have you tried stunning it with apricorns/mud balls? They wont be catchable if they're already hostile

thats it though? I kind of assumed they had innately better stats since everyone talked about how great they are

About three minutes. Same loading circle now indicates how long until it fucks off.

Stunning boosts the rate too? I figured those were more for getting the fuck out of dodge.

People just like them because they're big and most of them are fairly rare spawns.

If you're going around them to back strike and using a heavy ball (or variants) it should boost the capture rate.

Attached: 1623464245420.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

Buy a hackable switch so you can pirate this and future titles, if you like PLA and want to transfer your shit over buy the game afterwards you don't miss out on anything by not being connected online

I think it's the very first area where the Alpha Lopunny though I've been meaning to test to see if it's possible to catch if it doesn't change it's form because I feel that might be the reason why it's shitting itself

>That or theres a player named Annie out there thats really struggling dodging attacks
>Annie
Damnit they fooled me, I thought that was legit, but yeah in general people just aren't gonna die in this game so it's kind of an awkward system.

If you're playing offline and never connected to the internet you do get randomly generated rescue requests the rest might be just random shit

WHERE THE FUCK IS GHE BLUE SHELLOS AAAAAAAA

Third area, you’ll need Basculegion

On second look I think its a mix of legit people and randomly generated bags. I have a few really stupid names now that Nintendo would definitely not use. The only thing I don't get is that I do not understand how many people have died in these locations, they'll look really safe and theres just a bag plopped there. There should be way more lining the bottom of mountains imo

Is it by turnback cave? Because I Wyrdeer'd my way over there and only have a piplup and alpha empoleon to show for it.

It’s on one of the small islands in the bay. It has three little islands.

Testing some rift spawn.
2nd area. Had one appear after catching 21 Pokémon. Caught another 80 after that and never saw another.

Oh hell, see I've tried to use berries to distract it and a great ball still only gave me the X for capturing and it just bounces off.

They might be distortion areas?

Finally found a cherrim from a shaking tree in the mirelands. This isn't the one that is currently uncatcheable, r-right?

How soon can I get clefairy? Haven’t beaten the arcanine lord yet.

Hiding in a bush helps, but if you're in a spot with little to no foliage you can just carry a bunch of stunning items. A pokemon that's been stunned is easier to catch, and renders hostile pokemon catchable again.

Try it out.

I have 2 of them so

How easy is it to hit research level 10 by actually using a pokemon? Like I got Cherubi going and the only thing it really has is to use Absorb. Is there some form of bonus for just using the pokemon yourself?

I never considered distortion areas, I honestly forgot they were a thing since I saw them once early on then they proceeded to never spawn again for me

I'm one of the anons who was struggling with it. My Cherrim was in Mirelands, after 50 ultraballs I just gave up and reset to get my items back. This was also with false swipe and paralysis. Who knows maybe you'll have better luck than I

>and they don't spawn naturally.
yes they do, on ramanass island

Caught it with a single pokeball somehow.

I was referring specifically to the Deertrack Paths location. Chimchar doesn't naturally spawn there but one does spawn as part of a request

Maybe it was fixed in 1.0.1.

Monferno naturally spawn there. I've found them up on the cliffs.

Chimchar and it's evolutions do spawn at Deertrack Paths. Its just incredibly rare.

Attached: 1643522084607.jpg (1280x720, 264.36K)

Is it just me or is it a fucking pain to catch Pokémon in the water on basculegion? I line my shots up perfectly and the balls seem to just sink into the water, so annoying

how do I catch the flying gyarados next the waterfall in the first big area? he is flying too far away from the edge and I can't reach it.

Use feather ball or its variants

Well damn, sorry for spreading bad info

It's okay, I didn't think they spawned up there either until I stumbled across this dude

Attached: 2022012517133100_s.jpg (1280x720, 231.68K)

Do heavy balls do anything in battle? Or should I just use normal balls?

>die for the first time getting gangbanged in a distortion thing
>lose all my rare items
damn that did hurted
going to stay online and hope a 10 year old returns my bag

Is there a source of MP outside of the bag hunts - and is there a way to get a lot of points efficiently, or is it all just based on the bags you find? More worryingly - are any of the satchels game-created, or are they all literally from another player? I know I'm thinking too far in the future, but if the servers go down, or if I'm in a place where I can't use wifi, is there a way to get any of the MP items without satchels?

Heavy Balls don't work like the mainline ones they're more suited for back catches

>Game says you need 107 wisps.
>Look up guide.
>First result is a Polygon guide.
>Polygon guide says there are 108 wisps to find.
>Missing 1 to 3 wisps in every area in their "complete" maps.
How do you fuck up this much? You got the total higher, but each individual number lower, I mean fuck bruh.

There was a bit of discussion about this earlier in the thread. Theres a mix of actual players and random generated ones. Even if you're offline some spawn. No idea what affects how many points they are

Can you find shiny alphas?

Of course

Been going at the same outbreak for 30 mins and nothing. Shiny charm and all

Not that I don't believe you, but has anyone shown pics?
Because I'm truly tempted to hunt a shiny alpha living dex and I've never even actually caught them all before

there's a final surprise wisp at the end

>That slight panting after sprinting for a while
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'M GONNA CCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

Interesting. Having randomly generated ones at all is a big plus, regardless of point totals. I would hate for there to be a repeat of the Gravity Rush 2 issue where entire costumes were locked behind a now dead-forever server.

Changes nothing.

>pokemon finally has voice acting
Based. Yet more proof that PLA is the best game in the entire franchise.

Yeah, some dude caught a shiny alpha mamoswine and there's another dude in the shiny hunting thread with a shiny alpha magikarp.

theres tons of pics/videos from random people on reddit and YouTube and probably twitch hunters who have done it live at this point

Attached: 59C2327A-4459-4FC6-B0CD-8CE7AD33FE17.jpg (1280x720, 228.22K)

You're probably just unlucky.

Fucking nice.
I've been trying to avoid a lot of things to not get overly spoiled on things.

Why are defensive stats so shit in this game? And do grit dust stats make that much of a difference?

Attached: suspicious_gum_eating.gif (498x498, 3.61M)

>have to complete the dex entries for the genies
why cant it just be catch all three of them?

Probably, got the mon at level 10 too so should be 1/137. Life sux

You have to complete every single task for that mon too for the extra shiny chance.

F

I’m at the level second to the bottom. 1/137

1/128 would be nice but not gonna happen

Attached: 83528D0B-9B46-4802-B5AC-0536B986B1AA.png (773x656, 82.49K)

it just takes 2 mins to spam their moves but yeah, waste of time

Can mass outbreaks have alphas in them?

yup I caught 2 alphas back to back in a zorua one

>Because I'm truly tempted to hunt a shiny alpha living dex and I've never even actually caught them all before
You're trying too much at once.
Only a few dozen pokes have an alpha. Most alphas are only available through random spawns, and for some of them, alphas are as rare as shinies, except unlike shinies you can't cut down the odds of getting an alpha down to 1/128. What you're tempted to do will take thousands of hours to complete without save editing. You'll burn out no matter how dedicated or autistic you are.

Where do I find Crunchy Salt? I assume its in the Highlands but I haven't seen any yet. assuming I'm just blind

Where are Charm and Clover for the second random event with them?
I found them all for the first encounter but only managed to find Coin for the second encounter.

Attached: Coin.jpg (1920x1080, 591.76K)

Mountain map, along the walls as you climb with Sneasler, impossible to miss.

Wild pokemon can drop them but you can find some near the spots ive marked

Attached: 1622857537392.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

How am I supposed to lure wild mons with food? I keep hitting them with Oran/Cheri Berries but it just caused them to aggro me instantly

Maybe try not throwing berries at their faces???

can you not catch alphas in a normal ball?
i am feverishly autistic and hate using anything that isn't the standard pokeball, the ultra design looks so fucking ugly

Here you go, an alpha shiny bidoof I saw while trying to get a shiny shinx

Attached: 1633922860432.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

yeah dude when i go to feed ducks i fucking throw bread at their head lmfao what the fuck are you retarded

Yes. I caught alpha turtwig in regular.

Fucking dumbass

I've been battling Pokémon nonstop for the last 1:20 hours and still no fucking space-time distortion. What do I have to do.

You can, but alpha catch rates scale differently from the rest of the monsters so it's a little tougher.

Give up and go back to town. Maybe you'll be luckier next time

Be more lucky
No really, there’s nothing you can do other than wait longer

I found a Cherubi in a tree right by the Alpha Buneary and Lopunny in the first area. Getting turbo autism completion on them is going to suck

annie are you ok

you can get swarms of them, so it shouldn't be THAT bad with a little luck

Gotta admit I am not into Pokemon much but the outfit on that girl in OP's picture looks like something straight out of Utawarerumono. If the entire game has that feel I might honestly get it

lol i just wait 15-30min and i always get one

>alphas are as rare as shinies
that's just demonstrably false

They're all random, and share spawn locations.

>Intentionally ignores the word "some"
>HuRdUr DeMoNsTrAbLy FaLsE
Don't try and sound smart when you don't even have basic reading comprehension.

How do you teach Tangela ancientpower? I'm a level 35, and still no luck

I feel this too. My pokemon just feel super weak in this game.

are there mid/late-game eevee spawns or is it only in the horseshoe plains?
also, does leveling up eevee only lead to sylveon or is it random?

Attached: 1631831870500.png (465x485, 357.7K)

mid / lategame eevee spawns are only in spacetime distortions
when you notice your eevee can evolve, make sure it's day / night and also make sure eevee doesn't know a fairy move

none of them are as rare as shinies. take meds

exp share is actually too weak this game I grind a lot of pokemon catching and stuff and can’t keep up unless I switch out mons with new ones. Which is alright but there’s some bros I want to keep playing with. Where’s the exp at?

It also sucks that you get hit first all the time

Did you try 'change moves'?

So how does the farm works? I want to pick my harvest but fag keep saying it needs more time

It's not on the list

Do air cutter and the like hit multiple pokemon?

Go on an expedition and come back

Yeah, I feel like I am fucked if I am in a battle with more than one pokemon.

>Battling
>Ever
There is basically no reason to ever battle because your Pokemon are so weak and Alphas are just way easier if you throw berries and back throw with heavy balls. Just use feather balls to snipe non-alphas. It's kind of retarded.

you have to use the grits

You need to defeat pokemon for research tasks

Is one shotting a pokemon 30 times over with your maxed out Alpha-mon really a 'battle' though? I get what I'm saying is semantics but the game is extremely weak in terms of battles.

You can basically catch an alpha and do like some other task and that will complete the dex entry

I want perfects, though

Well, yeah, and that sucks. Battling is the most important part of Pokémon. It's great that they're finally fleshing out capture, but battle shouldn't have to suffer in return.

I have way too many pokemon repeats because I've been spam catching. Is there a point in keeping all these retards or should I just get rid of the ones with undesirable natures? I plan to keep a few of each for evolution research but other than that?

Attached: 1641918061098.jpg (775x718, 281.81K)

Actually, it's by the number of Pokemon you caught. Each type of harvest has a specific number for you to be able to reap.
Max are mints (20 mons)

You can mass release them for grits but the game has an extremely generous number of boxes so it's not like you need to worry about it

tell me more wise farmer, I've only been growing apricorns.

Went to town when it was suggested, came back and still no Distortion holy shit I'm only missing Cranidos for the dex and the distortion won't appear.

put palkia and dialga in your party, it makes them appear way faster :^)

You will be able to harvest the crops you have ordered in the Farm after catching a certain number of Pokemon in the wild.

You also need to upgrade the farm three times by full filling farmer requests.

He will ask you for a Pokemon with
1. ground type move
2. water type move
3. The move "rock smash"

Having the farm full upgraded you can now seed mints you'll be able to reap after have caught a certain number of Pokemon.

Apricorns and Medicinal - 8 mons

Vegetables and Mushrooms - 12

Berries - 16

Mints - 20

Oh, you need to pay 10k$ for seed mints so it's good to have some money left.

I waited almost 3 hours for a shieldon distortion, running up and down the map catching anything convenient, sometimes catching alphas twice when they respawned

I would say if it doesn't appear in 10-20 minutes of catching random shit just leave and come back

Incredible how I have 30 hours in this game yet I didn't even know that farm was a an actual real thing and that mints were in the game.

Is there STAB in the game?

well at least you didn't only realise that charms were a thing 50 hours into the game.
THAT WAS ME

That just unlucky. I had 3 rifts in map 4 not even a single mf Oshawott spawned

How do you progress the mint farming and rare wares inventory? I want a rotom form and more mints but sleeping doesn't seem to advance stock.

When is the “totorial” over? After Kleavor?

Pretty much. But there will be gay "story" for the rest of the game.

Its literally marked on the map, you never thought to at least check it out?

Are charms actually useful? Wild pokemon haven't been giving me a hard time so I just ignored it

Anyone know where exactly Chimchar/Monferno and Munchlax are in Deertrack Heights?

How do you get wood in this game?

(and now we wait...)

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THESE I BEG OF YOU
>What are the uncommon and rare/hard to find Pokemon in PLA?
>What are the rare or hard to find evolution items in PLA?

Attached: 1386031450948.jpg (500x500, 34.08K)

Not even doing it in purpose but I’m always over levelled and I mainly only catch each Pokémon enough to reach max research. Am I meant to switch up my team?

Survival one is godlike for rifts

>What are the uncommon and rare/hard to find Pokemon in PLA?
Cherrim, Bonsly, and the starters (before post-game)
>What are the rare or hard to find evolution items in PLA?
Judging by the questions posted daily, black augurite and peat block

>Cherrim, Bonsly, and the starters (before post-game)
Are the other babymons not rare?
I assume none of the new mons are rare or uncommon, is that right?
>black augurite and peat block
Thanks, I now know what I should use in my team.
By the way, are Upgrades and Dubious Discs rare?

>Are the other babymons not rare?
Personally, they were the ones that I had the most trouble with. Cherrim especially since its catch rate is fucked
>are Upgrades and Dubious Discs rare?
Yes, I'm 75 hours in and I only have 1 upgrade and 2 dubious discs. However, what makes black augurite and peat block rarer is that they cannot be found in the merit points shop. Whereas both upgrade and dubious disc can be exchanged for 1000 and 1400 points respectively.

Anything that isn't a stone.
Red crystals - fire stone
Silver crystals - thunder stone
Blue crystals - Water Stone
Blue crystals below ground area 5 - Dawn stone
Ice piles area 5 - Ice stone
leaf piles (can't remember when) - Leaf stone
Peat is probably the most annoying one in existence to get but you get 1 of each evo basically right before the end of the main game from quests.

rarest pokemon in this game are the legendaries and the alolan vulpix since you only get 1 per game. dubious discs and upgrade have a decentish spawn rate along with porygon in rifts but if you want a porygon on your team and aren't willing to wait it's a good use of merit

>early game
>cherrim quest
>can’t find cherrim
>give up
>find cherubi
>evolve into cherrim
>post game
>want living dex
>need cherubi since I evolved only one into cherrim
>go I’m to areas where it’s meant to be
>find cherrim
>leave and come back
>find cherrim
>leave and come back
>find cherrim
>rinse and repeat

Fuck these two Pokémon

Cyllene is fucking based

Attached: 1639329546876.png (734x168, 73.96K)

Are they in trees?

What does hoppo berry do?
I dont get its description

WHERE'S THE PEAT BLOCK AAAAAAAAAA

Update; I found both Chimchar and Monferno in the wooded area directly north of the Heights Camp, they’re rare though

Attached: C05B186E-FA9E-4D75-9E68-82086AC097FB.jpg (2560x720, 780.29K)

It took me that long too.

That’s where they drop yes

Can I get to Ramanas Island with just Wyrdeer?

Nope.

If you turn on the cheats, yes

Attached: 1618431855708.png (442x580, 19.79K)

is the only wild heracross in obsidian highlands an alpha?

Cherubi, cherrim, the babies besides mantyke and mime jr., and potentially shieldon and cranidos if you get really unlucky with rift spawns. Those are the only ones that really tripped me up.

How late in the game is Porygon?

Attached: dremign of bower.jpg (600x600, 227.42K)

i found a wild monferno on a ridge overlooking the path up to the second camp in obsidian, i would assume chimchar also spawn occasionally

2nd area

Do I need to have Wydeer in my team to ride it?

Wait, so I won't be able to evolve my Scyther and Teddiursa until very late in the game and/postgame?

Attached: 1b3.jpg (680x793, 40.68K)

Evo items are in the rifts but it is LITERAL GACHA and so is magnemite in the third area

Attached: 1621251324098.png (1280x720, 734.7K)

You can evolve them both by the second area. Kill Gravelers in Area 2 for the Scyther item and just use the Ursaluna mount to dig up the Ursarang evolution item

Sorry if this question has been asked before. Any of the Hisuian mons are hard to find? Someone told me Hisuian Zorua is but I'm not sure.

Attached: 537EE437-EEBF-476F-AF60-4995117876DD.jpg (1600x900, 135.88K)

huisian zorua is a guaranteed one spawn underground at night in area five in the bonechill wastes. the shiny would be a pain except mass outbreaks are as easy as a fuck to game

Oh, that's disappointing. I'm planning to build a team of hard to find Hisuian mons and Zorua was my favorite.
Any idea if any Hisuians mons (or mons with Hisuian evos) are hard to find?

Not really. the hardest to find pokemon in the whole came is fucking cherrim which is a pain in the ass inducing

Are the following evolution lines rare or am I just unlucky?
>Togepi line
>Cleffa line
>Happiny line

Attached: WAKE UP ANIKI.png (468x345, 226.43K)

Still in the Obsidian Fieldlands, but Happiny sometimes replaces one of the three Machop inside the Oreburrow Tunnel, and both Happiny and Chansey spawned for me on the mountain on top of the Oreburrow Tunnel near the alpha Blissey

Clefairy is in Fabled Springs mt coronet (area 4)

Are they common spawns?

According to Serebii, Happiny in Oreburrow Tunnel has 8% spawn rate in the day and 4% at night, and Happiny and Chansey above the tunnel have a 5.71% spawn rate each

I love the design of these pokeballs so much

Attached: 1630356540667.png (114x118, 21.6K)

>Send my team out
>Every Pokemon falls asleep except Mantine
What gives? It's bothering my metaphorical autism.

Attached: thinking-emoji.gif (390x260, 712.81K)

Can I box my legendary for the end of the main game?

Attached: 1614329979382.gif (60x60, 118.84K)

are there more than just two sizes of each pokemon?