This was sacrificed to make 2 mediocre games back to back

this was sacrificed to make 2 mediocre games back to back

you can't deny that the original gen 4 remakes was going to be a mix between what we got with bdsp and legends arceus

at some point gamefreak realized making modern sinnoh in 3D would be too much effort so they made the 3D game take place in old Sinnoh so they didn't have to render any buildings or architecture and call it a day

you were robbed of a fantastic remake and I don't know why nobody is mad at this

Attached: ntkrkb3vy2181.jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Attached: 7uujfb3vy2181.jpg (4032x3024, 1.62M)

What it could've been
Fuck

Because the actual good gen, aka Unova, will get remakes with Legends gameplay and graphics.

isn't debunked as concept art back when dp was being created, since dp never got an artbook so they just used existing material

As a Gen 5 fan I absolutely don't want modern Game Freak to touch those games. They'll just fuck it up entirely. Legends might be good, but it's not good in any of the ways Gen 5 was good and I feel that it would just dilute both Gen 5 and Legends. Let Legends be it's own thing, like Let's Go was.

Absolutely right

>at some point gamefreak realized making modern sinnoh in 3D would be too much effort so they made the 3D game take place in old Sinnoh so they didn't have to render any buildings or architecture and call it a day
Is there any source on this? It would be the quintessential Game Freak move, but I almost don't want to believe it.

Attached: 0jdibe1mdl281.jpg (960x534, 51.17K)

>you were robbed of a fantastic remake
We've been robbed of decent games since 2016. I'll take what I can get at this point, Legends is great.

Someone should photoshop this kid into some edgy CoD/Battlefield scenario

What a shame.

We got robbed...

When are you going to realize that shit will always look better in concept art and in your imagination than as a final product

Realistically GameFreak could have never made something even close to this, and even if we had gotten it, you would have been doomposting and wondering why we couldn't have gotten the super cool feudal Japan alternate universe instead

>people still think that video games are suppose to match their concept art 1-to-1
>people still think NINTENDO games are suppose to match their concept art 1-to-1

Attached: IMG_20190606_232346.jpg (623x480, 74.19K)

They totally could have. Even Mario Odyssey and BotW look like this. Even Xenoblade does.

If gen 9 feels regressed the way sword and shield did then Pokémon is forever doomed. We shall see

Imagine thinking it would ever look this good. You'd need a GTA sized budget to actually make Veilstone look anywhere near as good as that pic

You should play PLA so you can have your answer.

luckily, pokemon has basically infinite money

absolutely no way in hell these were made in 2006

The switch would explode trying to run this.

>The images were drawn to share common understandings of the settings' mood, climate, and luminosity amongst the development team
there was never any chance the game would actually look like this

>The images were drawn to share common understanding of the settings' mood, climate and luminosity amongst the development staff
besides, this is too advanced for digital drawing back in 2006. the only artist they had then was sugimori and this clearly isn't him

>Is there any source on this?
common sense

Here is one I found

Attached: 7b3e377fc67e8698f9ec0ef9bd8e7c016597c4c023f70753950bb0b9b6dc27a5_1.jpg (640x370, 48.53K)

A modicum of effort could make it a reality.

>botw
>xenoblade 1 & 2
>fucking Witcher 3

Pokemon makes way more cash than GTA. All you need is will.