Man, imagine the implications. Early installment weirdness sure is something

Man, imagine the implications. Early installment weirdness sure is something.

Attached: lore.png (587x722, 264.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pokemon.jp/special/moyadoga/guide/science.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NOOOOOO
Pokemon DO NOT SHRINK

NO NO NO NO NO
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1641496561444.gif (236x498, 3.29M)

with the revelation to many western fans of pokemon shrinking, do you think we'll see an increase in the amount of sounding hentai?

Why do you say revelation to western fans? Hasn't it always been implied to be a mechanism of the Pokemon (along with digitizing them) not an ability of Pokemon themselves?

user read the screencap

That guide book hasn't been canon in a long time. It goes off the idea that Pokemon takes place on an earth geologically identical to ours.

When will you stop with this circular denial?

Attached: 1643013984190.png (1200x800, 329.03K)

That's the same source.

Yet they still keep Nidoqueen infertile based on a fact exclusive to this book. Is FireRed also no longer canon because it mentions real life places?

Just the guide book, which states Pokemon evolved from real world animals which we know isn't true in the current canon.
A couple of aligning facts doesn't change that.

>it's non-canon because I say so, even though it's referenced in the games still, which is a retcon because I say so
autism

>Just the guide book, which states Pokemon evolved from real world animals which we know isn't true in the current canon.
>he didn't read it
opinion discarded

One detail being retconned away doesn't mean everything within a piece of media has also been retconned away, especially when other details have been reaffirmed and never contradicted.
Baby's first cross-media lore

It's non-canon because it's constantly contradicted each generation.
It's world map is literally incompatible with what we know about the earth in Pokemon now.

>Professor Nishinomori invents the Pokeball after 1925
>Legends Arceus has Pokeballs in late 1800s
The game is directly discrediting your source.

I own it, EOP.

>Just the guide book, which states Pokemon evolved from real world animals which we know isn't true in the current canon.
Like?

>It's world map is literally incompatible with what we know about the earth in Pokemon now.
lmao like?

>Professor Nishinomori invents the MODERN Pokeball after 1925
>Legends Arceus has OLD Pokeballs in late 1800s
I see nothing wrong here, headcanon cuck.

Reminder pokemon ended gen 2.
Pokemon do not shrink.
Pokeballs fire a red laser and digitize them.

Attached: 0e247de747038d1070df5c321d8b70f3a.png (2000x1337, 614.07K)

You're not going to be able to use semantics to explain this one away, the anecdote is literally about the professor discovering Pokemon can shrink, which he would have been aware of If Pokeballs already existed.

Explain how could Poke Balls not exist when Drayden was alive without semantics.

Drayden was young*

They DID exist. You seem confused.

Good point, thanks for bringing up further evidence that the 1996 Pokedex book is no longer canon.

Anime is an alternate continuity and universe with different rules, fag.
Show me anywhere in the Gen 1-2 games the Poke Ball sends out and recalls Pokemon with the anime's laser beam.
You won't, instead you'll see them "poof", shrink or grow, in whichever order needs to apply.

He says otherwise.

No. It disagrees with PLA too. And possibly with all games where apricorn balls exist.

That book is canon to the anime. They even meet the guy in that photo.

What does this mean for PCs?

So how did humans know that Pokemon could shrink in 1800s?

Not only that. The episode about Scyther and Electabuzz hating red color is also based on this book.

it doesnt say that

Pokemon shrinking is a type of immuno-allergic reaction to altered apricorn fruits, which explain both old and new pokeballs and why team rocket was able to capture humans in that one anime episode.

It’s likely a classic case of “modern” variation of an invention. Just like how Pasteur is considered the inventor of vaccines, despite there having been methods of inoculation hundreds of years before him which used a similar mechanism

They still make apricorn balls in modern time though, implying it wasn't a lost art.

This will, at best, be used as a way to explain why a Pokemon disappears after a fight instead of just leaving a ragdoll physics body around.

The only reason why it's used as an explanation is because Game Freak are hacks.

Nothing? The PC is an entirely different invention.

And the sky is blue.

So the Pokemon shrink, but how do they get into the Pokeball when getting caught or returned?

That book doesn't make any sense anymore. It implies humans were so estranged from Pokemon before the 19th century that they didn't even discover they could evolve before then.

This could be a discovery of a new way of triggering the shrinking.

>misquoting this hard
Drayden only says he remembers before Poke Balls existed. And he's not even the first NPC in the games to say this.

Dude probably replicated the apricorn's chemical mechanism and accidently improved it, like Fleming with penicilin. People in the past must have produced pokeballs without knowing what exactly made them work.

>"What is important is your mental preparation as the Champion, Iris. When I was little, Poké Balls didn't exist yet. Sometimes Pokémon would run away from awful Trainers who didn't try to understand them."
???

It's impossible to hold a conversation with ESLs.

The Drayden quote is honestly kind of fucked even without this book or PLA. Even Gold and Silver imply Pokeballs existed before modern times.

PLA seems to acknowledge that when Laventon mentions "they're terryfying creatures".

They can't make coherent lore

One could argue that the Poke Ball quote is hyperbole, like when old folks say "when I was your age I had to walk 10 miles to school in the winter."

They are literally making a Pokedex which shows Pokemon evolve. And it's before the 19th century.

Invention could just not get to Unova yet.

cope

>And it's before the 19th century.
do we even know anything about PLA time more than "it feels like this era"?

It means that
>PCs and Storage Boxes are literal boxes filled with Pokeballs with tiny Pokemon and items which get there through a series of tubes
or
>Modern Pokeballs can convert the Pokemon into energy and they use that same technology to convert Pokeballs and small items into energy that are transported through the PC to the Storage System
or
>Nothing is properly explained, Pokeballs are just magic and not actually high tech and stop asking questions

Ignoring that guide book, I just assumed that Pokemon can naturally digitize, and the ancient nippon folk can't tell the difference between that and shrinking because they don't have computers.

Maybe he's not originally from Unova, he's from some war-torn third world shithole

Why is this a big deal?

Attached: 1612398281862.jpg (466x720, 30.93K)

I'm mentally ill. Pokemon turn into energy & data, no shrink.

But the guide that's quoted is from Gen 1. If you ignore everything made after Gen 2, you have to accept it.

I wouldn't call it digitization, more like the Pokemon have a unique DNA structure that contains a certain sequence that emits powerful energy, which is how they achieve attacks and Typing. That is scanned and used by the Pokeball to convert the Pokemon from mass into energy which can be moved to and from the Pokeball in the appearance of light beams. The conversion of mass into energy powers the Pokeball, and also explains why they cannot be reused for a different Pokemon even if they don't break after failing a capture.
Pokemon are still conscious in this state, because consciousness exists until death. As the Pokeball holds them, they can still hear and understand what is going on but are in a temporary, "mid teleportation" state that powers the Pokeball.
If the Pokeball were to be destroyed, the Pokemon would pop out as the ball is not longer containing their life energy.
In a later period than Hisui, technology is powerful enough that PCs and Storage Systems have the capability to convert smaller items of mass into energy and data, but it is still rather expensive.
Before the newer age Pokeball and technology, they used the shrinking Pokemon system for Pokeballs but once they discovered the technology to convert mass into energy safely and successfully, they used it in the modern Pokeball.
That's my cope headcanon.

What's with the arrows?

Post IQ

>shrinkies posting walls of text and making images explaining why shrinking is canon
lmao and I don't read a single word. Shrinking isn't ever going to be canon

Okay? But no, this can change our interpretation of the way the PC works. See

pokomon shrink like my willy when im cold

If you're referring to
That isn't a wall of text about shrinking, it's explaining the opposite.

So, pokeballs drug pokemon?

PCs are Pokemon abuse.

>I don't read a single word
that's why your opinion holds no value

Yes but they are kept in a fake "safe" environment that the Pokeball digitally creates for them inside it.

>shrinkies posting walls of text and making images explaining why shrinking is canon
whats funny is that 99% of what these autists write is just their own speculation to make this retarded bit of lore work, all whilst screeching about canon

Attached: 1988470_p0.jpg (640x480, 162.89K)

fucking this lmao. "s-s-shrinking's canon because some retarded professor in PLA and retconned lore said so"
yeah yeah who cares stfu shit ain't canon

what's even funnier, 100% of antishrinkers purely ignore every bit of lore and act disingenuous, like:

/thread
I hope you nu-pokemon faggots kill yourselves.

Attached: 1637109793291.jpg (1200x1200, 376.62K)

>this one user represents the whole group of people
retards, the both of you

Have people seriously EVER thought pokemon DON'T shrink in their capsules? The pocket monsters? That go pocket size?Sheeeeeesh
>Verification not required.

Attached: shrink.jpg (1024x754, 123.3K)

All media follow their own canon.

>1925

Guess what retard Pokémon takes place in a fictional world where Jesus doesn’t exist, how can the year be 1925?

>And it's before the 19th century.
No it isn't. It's either late 19th or early 20th century.

If they have steam, photography and construct villages this advance they’re at least in 1910, so this might be case of proto pokeball that got perfected in 1925

That's fucking stupid and incorrect
I will take the shrinking but not this creepy ass matrix in a ball shit

pokemon.jp/special/moyadoga/guide/science.html
This article from Pokemon Daisuki states it's thanks to Bill's invention (the PC storage system) that objects, balls and mons can be transfered as data via PC.
So yes, pokémon do turn into data... When you are transfering them with computers, this has nothing to do with the pokeballs themselves which existed before Bill's invention. In fact, the article mentions other inventions as well, and Nishinomori is mentioned in part refering to pokeballs

>Pocket Monsters
>Monsters that can fit in one's pocket
Mind blown.

I really, truly don't see why this is such a big deal.

Everyone who's dead set against Pokemon shrinking says stuff like "lol why didn't [pokemon] just shrink to get out of [situation]?" as though this somehow implies it's something that they can do willingly. Or hell, maybe it's something they can do in the games but not in the anime, where the red digitizing laser clearly *is* how Pokeballs work. It's not worth a week of threads.

>Muh Kanto
You need to move on, user, it's been almost 30 years.

Don't forget that pokemon games have always mirrored the real world
Laverton is a galar immigrant wearing his full on britbong outfit and bringing his britbong construction style into japan
The game very clearly takes place in the late 1800's early 1900's.

Kinda funny how many games taking place in the mejii setting have come out here recently

>The game is directly discrediting your source.
The game literally says that Pokemon shrink lmfao what is this cope

People just tend to forget (or just ignores) how poorly developed Japan was until the recent decades, specially in barren, yet to civilize lands.
Hell I bet the average normie thinks Kimetsu no Yaiba takes place in "feudal Japan"

That's literally what TPCI said. It's stupid but it's what they said so it must be canon.

I'm not one of the people debating if they shrink, it's just weird that people still consider the 1996 Pokedex guide book as a bible when it's been contradicted in setting defining ways.

>it's been contradicted in setting defining ways
you all parrot this shit yet none of you somehow could give a single example

...Read the thread. This was brought up very early. The world in the 1996 Pokedex guide book takes place in a world geographically identical to ours.

kek, great pic.

These are both facts
>shrinking is canon
>shrinking is retarded

it all comes together

Attached: Orre.png (640x480, 710.49K)

>pocket monsters
What are we arguing about? I can't fit a 9ft tall lopunny in my pocket

does lore text really have word fetus in it

You know that the anime does that so they don't have to waste time animating them shrinking, right?

Fun Fact: Pokemon is make believe and has no real "canon".
If you retardedly believe that any old "lore" is thrown out because of new games/concepts, then you have to believe that Let's Go is now the canonical version of the events of Gen I, along with Emerald and Platinum never being a thing anymore. They just make shit up as they go along and will grab anything that makes since to fit whatever bullshit they're slopping out.

How the fuck did you think it worked when Gen II explictly said that Pokeballs used to be made from Apricorns before they made the mechanical ones?

Attached: ff610c39-e578-4ac9-adc7-9c26af239a7f.jpg (1100x1525, 206.7K)

Really? That's that's how Tajiri and his friends chose to explain how Pokemon are captured by Pokeballs?

Attached: 1643328941115.jpg (612x612, 47.21K)

based land

>Leftarded Jewish Furfag
Like clockwork

So any pokemon can be a shoulder mon?

Meds

WAIT REAVAS IS A SCYTHER EVOLUTION?!?

s-shut up Kurt is a scientist too!

and yet all of them have shrinking pokemon...

How does the Pokeball get the Pokemon into the ball via returning or capturing?

the pokeball makes them shrink
is this the hill you die on? how do pokemon evolve, how do bubbles deal damage, how does diglet scratch,
its fictional

I was gonna make fun of you, but I have to agree with you Pokemon are so much better modeled directly from animals, bugs or natural formations unless the whole concept of a pokemon is immaterial by nature, but still in a sense, natural.

It shrinks, but how does it get in there? Is it a vacuum? A beam of light that transports it as matter? Magic? Does the game explain it at all?
>how do pokemon evolve, how do bubbles deal damage, how does diglet scratch,
The difference between humans and Pokemon is that Pokemon are unexplainable creatures. Humans and the world they have achieved is closer to reality, most of the mechanics that center around them comes from technology. Pokedex, Pokeballs, PC, Pokegear, Poketch etc. That's one of the things that distinguish the difference between Pokemon and humans, except for some few significant characters with telekinesis. They spent decades building that up.
>its fictional
Nice argument. Don't question or criticize it, just consume.

>Still using Meds
N G M I

Attached: 1625428050913.jpg (670x377, 61.02K)