Guys, I know I said Temtem will kill pokemon but I mean it for real, this will kill pokemon this time!

>Guys, I know I said Temtem will kill pokemon but I mean it for real, this will kill pokemon this time!

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 101.74K)

literally only asshurt pokemon fans who hate other monster catching games call them pokemon killers.

So Any Forums

Literally no one said Palmon would kill pokemon, unless it was some joke you took as reality.

You made that up.

Look at all those legally distinct designs

End of the trailer had notLucario and some strange zoroark/Reshiram hybrid.

These designs, lmao, they all look like bootlegs.

>Leafeon
>Lycanroc
>Electivire
>Wooloo
>Thunder Unicorn
>Oceara

>hmm...what's popular with the kids right now, guys?
>uhh Fortnight, Genshin, oh and people keep talking about that open world Zelda
>guys I see people complaining that Pokémon is designed for kids, we have guns in our game already but let's add some dark and edgy stuff to our game's world
>sounds great!
Probably the actual development diary right there lmao. Honestly just surprised that it isn't just a pair of joke trailers and also from a Japanese studio.

kek based

That one on the left is almost Cobalion.

natu/xatu bird

This game looks wild as fuck. I remember seeing it before but it was just a clip of the penguins helping build something. I watched the trailer and at first it’s cutesy mons helping out, then it escalates to fucking sweatshops and gunfights? Lmao

Reminder from 9 months ago - bellyrubs confirmed

Attached: YouJustKnow.webm (1920x1080, 1.99M)

Not even Pokemon can kill Pokemon.
"Pokemon Killer" is a term invented by TPCi themselves to completely annihilate any independent identity a potential contemporary has, regardless of whether or not it can seriously contest against the LITERAL MULTIBILLION ABOMINATION THAT HAS EXISTED AND ENTHRALLED PEOPLE ACROSS THE GLOBE FOR OVER 25 YEARS, and in turn, make people think more about Pokemon whenever someone brings up the game or franchise that's been labelled "Pokemon Killer".
The ONLY way you can be immune to the "Pokemon Killer" label is to be older than Pokemon, which is why you haven't seen Dragon Quest Monsters or Shin Megami Tensei crash and burn.

this is literally a lycanroc model

Nice bait, but stop this crap.

Everything will "kill" Pokémon just like how everything will "kill" WOW. And just like WOW, the only thing that'll kill it is a huge scandal, like Junichi Masuda being revealed as a rapist and Game Freak turning a blind eye to his activities.

Is that Gorochu?

>"Pokemon Killer" is a term invented by TPCi themselves
Post proof smelly.

>My Neighbor Electivire

Not him but it honestly wouldn't surprise me. This type of espionage and false-flagging is done often

>implying the same retards who were declaring Temtem would kill pokemon would be TPCi themselves
They haven't felt threaten by anything except maybe Yokai watch which end up flopping overseas

>will kill pokemon
And the pokemons kill you too

Attached: Delete This.jpg (715x429, 26.78K)

>It's another literally-who game will kill pokemon thread.
I sleep.

Attached: FKR1N0UVEAE0l46.jpg (1280x720, 208.33K)

>>It's another literally-who game will kill pokemon thread.
No, this was

Attached: 1643231908700.webm (460x258, 2.89M)

Some of these are a little bit too on the nose, aren't they?

Temtem did, PLA was copying it and it's going to flop once the first few people tell their friends how bad it is.

Right now it still has hype numbers. They will die off quick.

your failed game will never be popular, temtemkek

Does it sound like that was in support of temtem dumbass?

Thoughts on this

Attached: ab38e402f382ef79529c1db783f14455.gif (639x354, 2.73M)

I don't care if it kills pokemon or not, I just want fun competitors to the pokemon series in the monster catching/raising genre.

Does it offer tranny pronoun options like Temtem and that other game I can't remember the name of?

Fucking hilarious. I really wish the devs don't fuck up this time.

everything past 151 is just legally distinct design
"pokemon design" has no soul and no meaning any more
everyone's just making shit up

Mate, we're talking about the same company that threatens legal action on birthday parties for kids because they're using Pikachu's likeness without approval.
They'd be THAT underhanded to pay the media and some agents to push the "Pokemon Killer" narrative. Remember how inexplicably horribly YW was marketed overseas by Viz? I sincerely doubt they were the ones who wanted to go that route, but instead TPCi slipped a fat bribe for more than YW could ever make overseas.

MonsterCrown?

Smart, Ash should do that with Pikachu.

I cant wait for this, not because it will "kill pokemon", because it fucking wont, but because this will either be a trainwreck or the funniest fucking game ever made

Attached: 1620458742303.png (3600x3600, 677.28K)

i'm looking forward to the mods that replace the oc mons with actual pokemon

This game will kill pokemon, literally.

Why not both?

I have craved for a politically incorrect Pokemon game for quite some time.

worst case scenario is that it's a bland game and the humor wears off fast

ngl, i forgot about this game

The game that dethrones Pokemon definitely isn't going to be one that's clearly, deliberately setting out to dethrone Pokemon.

Has the idea of "[franchise] killer" ever actually worked? The closest I can think of is Sonic, which became a legitimate rival to Mario for a while but never really took him down. It seems that whenever a popular series or trend is replaced, it's always by some other product with its own creative vision (this is not to imply that the successor is always good, mind you).

>Has the idea of "[franchise] killer" ever actually worked?
most monster collecting games don't set out to be "pokemon killers." that is a title pokemon fans force on other upcoming games so they can circle jerk when an indie game doesn't sell 20 million copies.

there has been unironc former fans who have used that not that it makes it better cause it doesn't and only harms those indie games

The only pokemon killer i could have seen happening is monster hunter stories. But it actually became its own thing and I hope they keep making games.

>Has the idea of "[franchise] killer" ever actually worked?
XIV being a WoW killer (though that was mostly because WoW is a fucking unhinged mess by an everquest addict who doesnt give a shit about his game being hacked and modded to hell and back for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY and self destructed due to modern blizzard)
LoL being a DotA2 killer
Valorant killed CSGO hard

but yeah most "x" killers fail because the devs of the new game fail to understand what made the old game appealing in the first place and are only focused in the money the original game made as the goal

Attached: 1616523121057.jpg (590x661, 85.24K)

>pc early access garbage

Its just a parody, it was just:
>Lets do Pokémon, BUT LETS ADD GUNS AND SLAVERY LOL THATS FUNNY
Its a tired joke but it looks interesting enough, so ill be checking it out

Lol came before dota 2. It and HoN managed to fracture the dota playerbase, but wc3 dota survived until dota 2 replaced it.

>Valorant killed CSGO hard
AHAHAHA people stopped giving a shit about Valorant like 3 months after release

Nah, it's honestly still kicking
I work with middle schoolers and I was suprised to see that Valorant was one of the more popular multiplayer games with them.

Yeah because it's free, but it'll never see the same competitive play CSGO sees.

The Real Pokemon killer is Pokemon itself.

That might actually happen since the devs are known to give mod support.

Maybe not killing it, but GameFreak needs some fucking competition already. Competition is only good for us, difficult for them to keep printing money with mediocre games.

Competition with Pokemon is impossible. People don't buy pokemon games because they want a monster catching game. They buy it because they want to see pikachu, charizard, blaziken, etc... and because of nostalgia. Even if a monster taming game released tomorrow with over 2000 monsters with perfect designs, a amazing open world, Fallout New Vegas and other WRPG tier dialogue and everything else far superior to pokemon... It would still fail to sell more than pokemon.

and csgo is also free

I wish you retards would just accept monster taming as a subgenre of RPGs and stop treating anything that is even vaguely related to pokemon as an enemy. These games are supposed to be competing for you, you aren't meant to be the ones competing for them.

>Fallout New Vegas dialogue
>[Speech 100] “East is west and west is east
>”You’re right! I will fill withdrawal all soldiers from the area”
No. Just no.

I knew someone would complain about me putting New Vegas there. That's why I said:
>And other Wrpgs
You can replace New Vegas with Arcanum, Baldur's gate, Kotor,.Vampire The Masquerade or whatever suits your taste.

Lycanroc is literally just a cartoon wolf.

Blessed trips for a blessed post.

This thread really didn't need to continue past this point.

Temtem was awful and was aiming for more of a "Pokemon MMO" niche, the only recent contender for the "Pokemon killer" title is MH: Stories 2.
Palworld isn't going for the Pokemon fanbase, it's far closer to parody than anything else, and doesn't really share any gameplay, either.
I'm keeping an eye on it just because it looks interesting, but the dev isn't exactly known for making good games.

having played temtem it doesn't feel like they were aiming for anything but filler. seeing other people walk around is cool but
>the battles are fucking garbage,
>the leveling curve is fucking nonexistent and difficulty spikes or floors 4-5 times per route
>the map is borderline unreadable
>most of the designs aren't even good enough to be fakemon, almost all of them are basically just a colored polygon with no detail
>was released early access in a 0.0.01 build with blatantly unfinished shit really fucking early into the game
>every quest is fetch quests, no exception
>every npc has to have 500 lines of dialogue that tells you absolutely nothing and you will never talk to that character again so even if it were "character development" it's pointless and exists just to slow you down and pad game time
>every mon for the first 10 hours is pidgey tier garbage gameplay wise
>ECKS DEE TRAAAAAAAAAAANNS