ICP

One of the things Olaf Carlson-Wee (Polychain (VC)) suggested about ICP that wouldn't be possible on web 2, is collaboration. Since all APIs can be shared on the open data layer, "you can have a sword and character and one game that can be transferred to another game." ( youtube.com/watch?t=1733&v=uPVjTkQB0A8&feature=youtu.be ) But like... Isn't that possible now?

Attached: 3E8F3P4.jpg (640x637, 38.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moxie.org/2022/01/07/web3-first-impressions.html
twitter.com/moxie/status/1479567493215637506
twitter.com/herbertyang/status/1479992640875622406
reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/ryk3it/my_first_impressions_of_web3/hrrz15r/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for interest

>Doing anything but memeing

I guess I don't really get his use case. The internet right now is open. There are plenty of open source projects that people use and collaborate on. His selling point was shared tech, but tech is shared now... Right?

That nigga uses that analogy in a bunch of his interviews, not just ICP

Post sauce? I saw that polychain was also invested in Avalanche. Was surprised to see that as I feel ICP and AVAX are soft competitors.

>isn't that possible now?
you can't guarantee that if you give an app permission to access and use your items, say in wow, that they won't just take all your items and run, because the code is auditable/trustless

this doesn't really apply to ICP but ICP is the only blockchain that really has the throughput capabilities to do store/update big game states

this doesn't really only* apply to ICP

Read moxie's blog post on NFT's.

ICP is the final solution, anyone who suggests otherwise is either retarded or shilling thier bags.

In what fucking game have you been able to hop to a new land and use another games item u nigger

>moxie's blog post on NFT's.
Is it this moxie.org/2022/01/07/web3-first-impressions.html
? if so, god damn. I think we might have hit gold

Yes?

ICP is unironically the blockchain to end all blockchains.

VRCHAT, developers get funding from different places to create things that all users of vrchat can use. Its contained within VRCHAT but contains the spirit of what I'm talking about. Kind of how everything created in the internet computer is contained inside of itself and can be used. LINUX is open source, that is something that is shared amongst many and built on. Anything open source is basically this.
I'll take a read, thanks for linking this user.
Not really what I was talking about, but good point.

Attached: 0gvn60uekjt01.jpg (720x711, 391.9K)

I read it here's the ICP part

Attached: IMG_20220201_192506.jpg (1380x1865, 324.3K)

Here's a better screen cap. Quite a good read

Attached: 2022-02-01 21_36_12-Window.png (1104x485, 105.7K)

do you guys think hes referencing icp without shilling bags or do you just think hes mentioning the same concepts? Curious if he knows icp is a thing. Either way we hit gold by being on biz. Just keep acooming icp, you'll make it.

imagine gmod without having to download separate assets for every single server

By this point I'm certain he has heard of icp. twitter.com/moxie/status/1479567493215637506 Members of DFINITY team are commenting, as well as Elon Musk, Vitalik.. Big names

not one mention of icp though. Vitaliks ass is literally linking to reddit/ethereum

twitter.com/herbertyang/status/1479992640875622406

Attached: 1514966220221.jpg (448x597, 70.77K)

>twitter.com/herbertyang/status/1479992640875622406
4 retweets...

I think the status quo comes from a present-day "missing middle" where we have centralized-but-easy things and decentralized-but-hard things, but new tech (w lots of cryptography!) actually is on the cusp of giving us the best of both worlds. This is the biggest project on cryptography, sister network claimed by vitalik as well, makes me think this is the part he's referring to.

In his reddit post he refers to his own teams working on solving issues like this reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/ryk3it/my_first_impressions_of_web3/hrrz15r/

Nope bro, that is Skale

Pajeet you're shilling an eth shitcoin not a blockchain