Online poker pro

Been playing professionally online for 2 years. Learned to play 4 years ago. Over 2 years I made 150k putting in about 70% of the hours you would with a 9-5. AMA

and no, it's not easy. You need to absolutely LOVE the game

Attached: ask-history-where-did-poker-originate-2.jpg (1200x1200, 114.92K)

Did you spend time memorizing ranges? Do you use softwares to calculate odds after flop?

how the fuck do you not get tilted.
that was my main issue after losing some insane hand played perfectly against a retard
i just couldn't fix my mood for that session.

Is Phil Gordon's Little Green Book any good?
(I'm assuming you play Texas Hold'em)

3 loss in a row rule.
cut your losses before you tilt if it's not your night you'll know soon

Yes. I played with them open for a long time until I memorised it. Even now sometimes I'll forget some specific spots and have to look it up, if you have multiple monitors you can just have them up on one

I just memorise odds for the most common bet sizes, so like 33 50 75 % and then go from there. You can get software that tells you pot odds on specific sites tho

Based. Are you mathematically gifted? 4 years from beginner to profitable online player sounds insane. What sites do you use to play? Ever play live?

Tilt is my biggest leak by far

I am not exaggerating when I say , I think I've lost about 60k to tilt alone

It is a MASSIVE part of the Game, mindfulness/meditation exercises, stoicism etc is all needed. A lot of really good poker pros are heavily into spirituality etc

do you use a specific website for it?

I guess you could say so. I have a degree in a STEM subject, started playing during my second year. I really don't think I'm super smart or anything though, I've just always loved strategy games , and I have a degen addictive personality. Yeah I've played live but it's too slow and at this point I'd need a huge bankroll/get staking to play high stakes live and achieve the same hourly as online where I can 4-table. Also you need connections to find home games

I have no clue about Texas Hold 'em but it always looked interesting to me, what's a good way to learn it and get to a decent level? What websites can you recommend for playing ?

Tell me who wins this or would it be a split.

Person 1
>5 hearts
>2 diamonds

Person 2
>4 hearts
>2 spades

Table
>K hearts
>Q hearts
>J hearts
>10 hearts
>3 clubs

your mother since she's got the tightes asshole of 'em all

5 high flush player 1 wins. Best 5 cards play so KQJT5 all hearts is the winning hand

Also I think the math gifted part is probably not as important as you think

get the fuck off my board you degenerate gambler

Meant to say K High not 5 high flush. But yeah 5h wins over 4h

I wish I could desu. It's an addiction sadly

Search 'The Poker Bank' on YouTube, I think also there's a website. Good solid beginner stuff. For starting out I would recommend PokerStars, and try out the lowest real money stakes, so 1 cent / 2 cent blinds (2$ buy in) once you know the rules. I had no fucking clue what I was doing for a while at the beginning, it took me fairly long to even just learn the rules. So don't get discouraged, you might even wanna try playing play money for a while until you grasp the rules, hand strengths etc. Then start learning about ranges

Online poker is gay and for people who have zero social skills. Half of your opponents are bots and that number will continue to grow. The real easy money is in live poker cash games and mid-range tournaments. Plus you don't live in a dark cave by yourself with zero friends
>tldr; online poker is for autistic shut-ins and will be entirely owned by bots very soon

>Over 2 years I made 150k
lol, thats ass given self employment tax, long term prospects for online poker, variance, no benefits, etc.

Never heard of it. Most info you can find online for free tho
There's tons of options, PokerStars smoothest experience for starting out. Personally mostly play on party poker, has high % rakeback

Any tips for casual hold ‘em games with friends? I either bet too little or fold constantly

Not a burger. I actually pay 0 tax on poker winnings. Pretty comfy for me, it's giving me a head start in my country, better than any job I could've got.

are you in the usa? If so how do you get around the ban or do you just play at USA only sites?

as an online grinder, this is kinda correct. its only a step up from being addicted to league or whatever. i like it because it's hard, but the long term prospects are bleak.

You don't need to tldr a post that's slightly over a line long anyway

you're going to lose to bots

> Search 'The Poker Bank' on YouTube
Thanks senpai, I will check them out

> I had no fucking clue what I was doing for a while at the beginning, it took me fairly long to even just learn the rules

That's weird, my friends always act surprised when I tell them I don't know how to play Poker and say it's super easy, but I always found it super obscure and didn't get the concept of the game. But if you say it's hard in the beginning I guess they were just bluffing since none of them is really good at it....

if you're a professional player, you don't want "hard" games. you want easy money. i've been playing semi-pro for almost 20 years, if my table is full of regs or grinders, i legit request a table change or i just leave. no point in playing against players of equal skill bc then you're all just paying rake

thanks boss, i'll ask you to look over my post next time to make sure it meets your standards. fucking board police over here, maybe you should apply to be a jannie