MTG general

Anyone buy/sell/trade/hold cards here?
Recently iv started buying boosters for fun and scanning my cards in to see the value and its been a great time.
What sites do you guys use to maximize profits? What about buying and selling?
Besides beta and alpha cards what are some staples I should be investing in?

Attached: Magic-the-Gathering-card-values-Black-Lotus.png (255x350, 163.53K)

If it's not reserve list then it's at risk of reprint, often considerable risk. Magic isn't like Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon. At a fundamental level the gameplay is a about getting value and that mindset carries over to the market. Utility comes first and foremost and there's little interest in specific printings. Newer, more abundant printings regularly see higher prices; people like uniformity in their card frames and actively seek out newer frames over older ones.

Any single card you hold has to be special, and unfortunately there isn't a ton of special stuff in magic, since they insist on reprinting and not even changing the art.

Holiday promos are under appreciated gems. They are only given to employees and WPN stores. Wizards is trying to get people to recognize that silver border can be played in casual games, which is why they are introducing the acorn security stamp. The 2022 holiday card will likely include that stamp. If silver border achieves validity and acceptance by commander players then the holiday promos will become the holy grail of silver border. We saw slivdrazi monstrosity do some nutty shit as a playtest card for casual commander, and it's only a matter of time before these cards get that recognition.

Cool promos are indeed a good buy whenever they're cheap.

In general, just avoid anything standard-related and you really can't lose. I've got like $100k of MTG cards that I've accumulated over the last decade and they're all way up from when I bought them. My unlimited black lotus was $5k. My complete collectors' edition set was $6k. Etc.

what are some promos worth buying?
I was thinking of getting one of the beta color cards but they are all hovering around 8-10k

>Anyone buy/sell/trade/hold cards here?
It's my job. I'm the one behind the spike in value of old border foils last year.
AMA, i'm leaving to eat and will answer once i'm back.

I mostly have just sealed product. I am also working on a full near mint Revised set.

Attached: 20200727_223706.jpg (2000x1500, 1.17M)

rate my cards

Attached: niggachu.jpg (708x759, 336.5K)

dam how much did you spend for all these
nice yellow mouse
tell me everything, i have about 200k in crypto and looking to diversify into some other assests. Magic is cool and I love the art

I'm subbed to Rudy on YT

Here’s a free bump. I’m making a alt pokemon collection of nft cards so monitoring , also mtg is the shit. Picrel

Attached: 2A011CDC-9827-442A-AA55-A3099A11089A.jpg (751x913, 249.41K)

You’re late. Easy money has been made. MTG popularity is only going down hill from here. Most zoomers grew up with Pokémon and thought MTG was for nerd virgins, so I suspect the value of Pokémon to keep going up while MTG will likely stagnate and then drop once those 80s and 90s kids start dying off.

Alpha, Beta, and unlimited will always be worth money since they are history at this point.

Revised is washed up garbage, get unlimited if you can’t afford black border

If you're not buying sealed FaB boxes and cold foils, you're ngmi.
I also primarily invest in vintage YuGiOh solely as a passion nostalgia hobby.

>in pmg the retards shill shitcoins
>in mtg general the retards shill non-mtg cards
nobody wants your bags

hahahaha look at all these incel manchildren with their fake baby stocks
>collectible cards never get covered by insurance
>easy to steal, no serialization so good fucking luck on the police report
>always one natural disaster or rat away from your 'nest egg' turning into a shit sandwich
you wasted your 20s being a fat and/or ugly loser hanging around a bunch of unwashed neckbeards and now you're all just trying to jew each other thinking your fucking children's cardboard is worth anything
lmao @ ur lives

Attached: download.jpg (500x500, 60.12K)

Don’t forget that the fakes are getting better and better. To determine if your cardboard is real cardboard you have to send it off to get it graded. Then when you want to sell it you have to deal with scammers and paying 45% of your profit to eBay and PayPal fees as well as taxes. Seriously I don’t get this shit

>collectible cards never get covered by insurance
not detectable by kikes either you fucking jew
>easy to steal, no serialization so good fucking luck on the police report
if your valuable cards get stolen then you should kys, it's not my problem that you live in niggersville getting robbed everyday
>always one natural disaster or rat away from your 'nest egg' turning into a shit sandwich
i'm more worried about my fucking home getting destroyed than my cards you absolute brainlet

try harder you dumb fucking faggot
lmao @ the fact you probably lost all your moms money on shib

Attached: 678567456.png (258x544, 104.79K)

The same black core Chinese proxy counterfeits have been the exact same quality since 2018. There have literally been no improvements and they have always been easy to detect, even for newfags. If you know something I don't, please link it to me, I'd love to sell super epic undetectable fake cards.

t. bootlegmtg member

Watch Alpha Investments if you care about mtg finance.

>Utility comes first and foremost and there's little interest in specific printings
True, but there are exceptions. For example, check prices on foil shocklands - first print vs reprints.

>not detectable by kikes
It is when you go to sell it
>I’m more worried about my home
So? Doesn’t detract from the fact that if your home gets destroyed then all of your “investments” do too. This is why I love digital assets

Congratulations, you are now addicted to cardboard crack.

Boosters are a great way for ideas for desks but are almost always at a loss with pulls.

Thanks for playing.

>This is why I love digital assets

No one here is 100% deep into cardboard, moron. It's called diversifying.

Attached: digital assets.png (645x973, 49.94K)

>not detectable by kikes
What do you think the IRS change to a $600 threshold is for? Good luck 'cashing out'.
>it's not my problem that you live in niggersville getting robbed everyday
Why are you proud of living in bumfuck nowhere with a population of maybe 10k? If anything, you're surrounded by more poor people that would love to sell your collection for meth.
>i'm more worried about my fucking home getting destroyed
Like another user said if your home goes so do your stupid fucking cards, midwit.
>shib
Not even once, nice projection tho and your mom needs a better son for sure.

Why would you diversify into childrens toys though?

The same reason you diversify into shitcoins named after children's toys.

>nice projection

>childrens toys

Lmao, at least try to act like trolls, you're making it too obvious retards.
Lemme guess... Your next genius "comeback" is to comment on my basedjack pictures huh? You guys are all the same, so uncreative and boring.

Attached: 92387465.png (785x1000, 263.67K)