When/where to Buy house

Should I buy now while interest rates are low? Also where's a good place to buy in America? Don't say the midwest because I'm not replying to trolls

Attached: I0000MrQzgOVl2Fc.jpg (1000x667, 462.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/data/tables/2017/demo/popproj/2017-summary-tables.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumping for interest. I've been waiting for a crash for 2 years now and I'm fucking tired of it. Thoughts so far:
>Texas is good because no state income tax.
> Texas is good because likely grows into new tech hub after AA and regulation kills silicon valley
> Rural property in general is the best value. Living near people is a meme.

Keep waiting. The population is likely going to decline. If you keep reading into news about the future of work there is likely to be significantly less jobs in the future. This will crater real estate as a good amount of a houses price is tied into what kind of work you can find. This is also combined with cratering birth rates. The information is out there, you just are not being told how to put it together.

homeowners tax in texas is criminal though

This. Just because you don't pay income tax doesn't mean you don't pay tax in some other area. Texas has one of the highest property tax rates in the entire country.

Good. Idle private property is cancer

Right now is a great time to buy a house, because a mortgage is essentially shorting the dollar. I'm Australian, but if I moved to America I think I would go to Florida.

I don't want my house to be underwater in 20 years and destroyed by hurricanes in 3

Climate change isn't real. If anything, you should be worried about the complete civilisational collapse (and/or niggification) of your country.

>Climate change isn't real.
I said no trolls in the OP user.

Okay, you should move to Los Angeles. You'll fit right in.

I've had this thought too, but I haven't run the numbers. My suspicion is that we're still looking at waiting out another 20 years, also high risk that immigration and changing demographics cause the trend to reverse.

Looking at census.gov/data/tables/2017/demo/popproj/2017-summary-tables.html census doesn't project ever having a population decrease, just a slowing.

yea or San Francisco, you might be murdered elsewhere

thanks for the bumps kiddos

The problem is, if you look at demographic pyramids, that this'll only fully take effect around from 2035

I'm looking somewhere in the Southwest. I lived in Albuquerque for a few years and the weather was fantastic while the cost of living was low. Northern New Mexico and southern Colorado are stunningly beautiful as well. Lots of outdoor stuff to do. I hear Vegas is also pretty damn cheap with some nice scenery near by

Attached: 1643045693054.jpg (1024x653, 92.4K)

Of course they would never project a decline. The number absolutely cannot go down. However birth rates cratered because of pandemic restrictions in ways that have not been tracked or analyzed yet. However if the costs to form a family keep going up and the birth rate keeps going down world wide we are not very far away from a massive crisis that I assume will be ignored until it cannot. China is definitely undergoing a birth crisis and their government is far more proactive than western governments.

It will happen faster than that. Already we are seeing the end of the beginning of the crisis which is that people are not reproducing and social/economic functions are becoming harder to fill with people. I can only estimate when I think the problem is going to get worse (automation is coming fast which will exacerbate an already ongoing trend) but you are looking at the end of moar growth. The cheapest lowest hanging fruit is almost gone.

The tax is paid via your rent anyway. There's no escaping it.

I’m also not convinced that changing demographics or immigration solves the problem. The problem is that having kids is expensive and the reagents you need to perform societal alchemy are scarce. You need cheap housing, stable schooling/child development opportunities and a vision for the future which is positive. We have none of this in the west or in most of the developing world. Negativity rules the day and housing is artificially made more expensive through many ways to control for vague “externalities”. The environment which children grow up now is a complete minefield which produces more malformed adults and the pandemic moved trends further along in the process. It’s almost guaranteed to happen sooner than 20 years from now.

>just wait 50+ years bro

from desert to swamp
fair enough bro

Texas property tax is where they get you