Farming

Actual real life farming btw not meme token "farming"
I'm pretty new to this and I got a few acres of land that I'm not really doing anything with and I'm not sure what would be the best financial opportunity
I could plant corn or soi, or just use it for pasture and get some additional money to invest in cattle but it would take longer to get a return
Those are the options I found that would give me roughly the same return on investment at current prices but I don't know if they're going to be stable if/when the chinese virus meme dies down
Thoughts please

Attached: 1635692906276.png (1200x800, 1.25M)

Get soil samples and go from there.

Attached: 1632840765061.jpg (370x595, 40.29K)

Lavender unironically

Soi is mooning, buy now

What would I be looking for? Far as I know, my land is good for those options I listed.
I guess I'll have to treat it anyway for whatever I end up choosing

Financial? Bro raise like 30 kids on your own food and get gibs from the government. Nigger that place up. Economy is for pussies. Breed the place and that stock photo bitch or whatever.

first of all, how many acres are we talking? which growth zone are you located in? how rich is the soil? whats the geography aka terrain like? do you really wanna farm? that shit is difficult as fuck. need more details.

find a local grocer and ask what kind of stuff they'd buy from you

>As far as I know
If you know, you know. If you don't know then find out. If it was used recently especially

Dont shit up the earth, but country girls...the ones that arent nigger loves...are based

Attached: f23.jpg (552x783, 63.11K)

Look into putting solar on it, or rent it to a nearby farmer to plant. I would not recommend farming shit like corn or soi in the current year. Even people who have a lifetime of experience can't do it profitably anymore.

About 50
I have no idea about the rest kek, all I can say is it's soil in a part of South America that used to be heavily used for coffee plantations, now most of the neighboring farmers do either soi, corn, cassava and cattle
I've had offers to lease it for cassava plantations for a few years which is decent money but the soil takes a huge hit and it takes long to recover if I plan to use it for something else later on

Here's the reality of trying to get into farming:
You need to be farming at least 1000 acres of land you own to make a living.
You can lease land, but then you'll need to farm a few thousand to make it work.
Realistically, you need to have 20-50 million in cash to get a family to sell their farm operation.
We're about to be in a recession, which is historically means farming will be a more profitable.

Now say you can make all that happen.
Congratulations, you've just become another indentured servant of Monsanto.
You must buy seed from them every year at the price they tell you to buy it at.
Crop prices are dropping?
Tough shit, pay up
Didn't get enough rain last year?
Tough shit pay up

Plus, now all the equipment companies are turning into subscription services.
You don't buy a John Deere combine,
You buy the privilege of using a John Deere combine.
If you're rushing to get a field run in or harvested before some rain and your equipment breaks down,
don't you dare try to fix it yourself.
You MUST wait for a Deere certified mechanic to come and fix it,
and he's booked until next Friday, after the rain leaves and you're fucked.

Then there's all the little shit that sucks about farming.
Like the fat slob 5th generation farm kids who think they're tough, but they're a bunch of fags that look like the Wall-E passengers and think they're farmers because of merit and not because they were born in the right family.
Like the fact that you have to play grain futures to make it, which is basically predicting the weather.

If you own the land, don't have farming experience yourself, and are looking to use it for profit, just lease it to someone. You aren't going to make good money farming but leasing will at least cover your taxes while you hold it and let it appreciate in value.

Build a small cabin, hook up power with a generator. List it on Air B&B etc. Yuppie couples eat that shit up if you make it look live,laugh,love enough.

bruh my homie cleared 50k per acre on top of his ganja by adding quails to the mess.

harvest every 60 days and they'll still double in numbers every time.

Pasture raised chickens.

>don't you dare try to fix it yourself.
You MUST wait for a Deere certified mechanic to come and fix it,
and he's booked until next Friday, after the rain leaves and you're fucked.

Tractor dealer here, here's a small secret : most farmers are way less smart around machines than what they believe they are, and most break downs and fuck ups are their fault. But of course we never tell them what they did wrong, we just repair and make them pay

Wtf don't monocrop it. That's why the soil is eroding planet-wide you retard. Why do idiots get tons of land? First of all, make a little self sustaining food forest that will sustain you and family regardless of whatever shitstorm sweeps through society in the future. Then add some grazing animals for money and soil remediation. You could have the sweetest little place out there. Everything grows there. If you get tourists or are near nice restaurants microgreens pay well, though they don't require that much acreage. Fruit trees are always great. You can sell them and help undo the damage that has already been done to the land. Cultivate the animal poop with psychoactive mushroom spores. There are so many great things you could do with all that.

I only have 4 very dry acres with good fencing, run a dorper type of sheep. Take probably 2 days a year of effort but it pretty much works out that I just get the meat for free each year and don't have to maintain the land. Normal rules apply, growing most crops is a few busy periods in a year, livestock is a lot of just checking in on them. Biz way to approach farming is probably just to share crop it each year and take the percentage.

Attached: 1642547879838.jpg (750x743, 144.21K)

Id put my penis in her vagina, if you know what I mean.

Wow. That's a great idea. They don't really fly so you don't get shit on the harvest plus they're fertilizing. Does he feed them or do you take care of themselves?

Unironically combined the "live laugh love post with the food Forrest post and set it up as a vacay spot.
Worst case scenario you'll survive pretty much whatever comes on your own food.
Get birds and cute fuzzy animals to run free. Make a Disney set.

Yeah and if you're growing tall plants like cannabis, quail won't touch em and it'll give them a proper hiding space from hawks. Turn your pests into income. even the eggs are worth bank.

It was a really good mutual relationship, and since you need a good water flush at the end.

Also seen them companioned with garlic scapes without issue. last I looked I could get quail for like $2 a bird, buy 100 and have 10,000 in 2 months.