'Work' in greek: δουλειά

'Work' in greek: δουλειά
'Slavery' in greek: δουλεία
Really makes you think...

Attached: 1623526900892.jpg (1024x951, 80.11K)

lmao same in russian

how do you pronounce that

It really...

the only difference is which syllable is accented

Slavery in Ancient Greece depended on factors of who was the dominant kingdom or state at the time.

In Ancient Greece you could from slave owner elite, to slave, and then win a war and go back to slave owner elite again and then a few years later be a slave again, and then 10 years later be a slave owner again.

It’s not the same as “modern slavery”

It was basically like

>ok we defeated X city, now these people are our slaves haha
>oh shit, X city defeated us this time, now we are their slaves haha
>let’s gooooo we defeated X again, they’re our slaves now

Basically whoever was winning at the time was the elite and whoever was losing at the time was the slave (ie: worker)

go get me my Cafe malaka

Attached: 1616602288702.png (420x420, 52.79K)

thoo-lee-AH
thoo-LEE-ah
probably lol
no

You are all midwits. There is a greater philosophical reasoning behind this in both greek and latin. You are all just too stupid to understand it.

Tldr

Basically imagine this

New York builds an army, attacks Texas, New York wins, now all men from Texas are workers (slaves) for New York. Fast forward 5 years, Texas builds an army, and defeats New York’s army, now all New York men are worker (slaves) for Texas. This could go back and forth for decades.

Then if a foreign enemy (Mexicans) then New York and Texas team up temporarily to defeat Mexicans, when the Mexicans at defeated and no longer a threat, New York and Texas go back their bi-annual war of who gets to be slave owner and worker for the next few years

Ancient Greek combat was more tribal than you think, which is why this is the case.

Hoplites warfare was basically a tribal event where the victorious side was basically allowed to be neets for a few years while the defeated side were to be their free labour for the following few years

"Leisure" in Latin: otium
"Business" in Latin: negotium (neg-otium)
"Trouble" in Latin: negotium

thats actually unironically mind-blowing

Now I understand from where the latinx people inherited their lazy genes.

Attached: 1642805481249.jpg (800x1200, 178.74K)

>THE ANCIENT GREEKS SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

>THE ROMANS SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Attached: 1640116539354.png (974x895, 287.46K)

Everyone always knew that work was an unpleasant necessity, it's just our modern belief that you need to work to have "meaning" in life. The concept of "meaning" is the atheist version of "God" in a world that has lost faith (even Christians, who also subordinate God to "meaning", seeing God only as useful because he provides "meaning"), and the idea that work is necessary was drilled into people in public schools that themselves were established to mass-produce workers.

'Work' in russiam: rabota
'Slavery' in russian: rabstvo
'Slave' in russian: rab
Really makes you think...

No modern redditor communist would appeal to the Romans or Greeks for anything because he's a goyim slave who hates them as "old White people".

>No modern redditor communist would appeal to the Romans or Greeks for anything because he's a goyim slave who hates them as "old White people".

Attached: images(1).png (205x246, 7.13K)

It's almost like there is no direct translation.
Most likely it means "laborer"

>T-THIS IS ABSURD
>I LOVE WAGESLAVING FOR A JEWISH BOSS
>MAKING MR. SHEKELBERG RICH -- IT GIVES ME PURPOSE!
>IT PROVIDES MEANING TO MY LIFE!
>WHY, WITHOUT MY JOB...
>I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D EVEN DO!
>HAHAHA, I SURE LOVE WORK
>NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME
>I BELIEVE MR. SHEKELBERG IS CALLING ME

Family is not a kind word.
Gathering of famelic people.

Home is.

This.
Work went from being a necessity (work or die) to be the goal of life (work just because)

I like how Joogle translates them both to work. I only trust DeepL from now on.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T STAY IN HOME ALL DAY, WATCH ANIME AND PLAY MUH VIDYA
>I NEED $10M TO SIT ON MY ASS AND DO NOTHING
>WORKING IS SLAVERY

Attached: 1643382511476.png (480x640, 96.93K)

>public schools that themselves were established to mass-produce workers
dead on. they train you on the 8 hour minimum you will spending away from your home. they also make sure the cost of living is such that most people will have to rely on the government to raise their kids because they wont be able to stay home and raise them how they see fit.

>SCHOOL IS LE BAD IT STOPS ME PLAYING VIDEO GAMESSSS!

Attached: 1639260295992.png (821x889, 76.84K)

Correct.

Attached: 1643361813454.png (640x640, 186.13K)