Zoomer here

Was it actually good?

Attached: ECW.jpg (300x168, 7.91K)

It was smoke and mirrors. Great TV but not great wrestling. ECW marks were convinced that RVD was a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels.

RVD is better than Dick-in-bottom

RVD is an average at best worker; pretty sure Meltzer only ever gave him a single 4 star+ match

>hurr durr I swing kendo sticcs drink beer and catch Hep C like a reatrd boomer faggot

>Meltzer

This is why we need eugenics.

>meltzer
bitch

cope

Yes.

Attached: RVD.jpg (500x567, 92.2K)

There was great wrestling though

Why does every ECW wrestler hate Paul Heyman?

i'd hate the guy too if i got jew'd as hard as they did

at the time, yeah it was great. doesn't hold up though like a lot of the edgier stuff

HBGay is a mincing faggot.

Yes. A lot of what gets praised as great is overrated, but there was still great stuff. Their angles were a million times more entertaining and modern compared to WCW/WWE. Having real music also made it a much better hour of TV every week. Weekends with ECW followed by Stern on E! were the shit. Zoomers could never

Sabu got in a car chase on I-78 after Paul Heyman trying to get his money back two days before ECW closed and Paul pissed his pants so bad he though Sabu was going to kill him.

Yes, still the most entertaining wrestling show there has been.

Damn he cuts his vegetables real small? Fuck him then.

It was the atittude era before the atittude era, albeit without a quality filter. Heyman had good ideas, but not all were amazing. The wrestlers were fairly solid for the most part. Of course you had Sandman and a few others who were mostly there because they didn't mind caving their own or another person's head in, not necessarily for their wrestling. Heyman also didn't mind bringing international talents on occassion. The only issue was no one really got paid that much, or often for that matter.

In a way, ECW was much like AEW is today, except that AEW is milder, much more tacky, already has a TV deal so they don't try super wild shit, it was a much better era for wrestling, and Heyman knew how to be a fan of wrestling without being a mark. Tony is still trying to figure out how to be a fan whilst absolutely being a mark.

It had some cool fucking matches. From time to time. Most of it was pretty shitty in all honesty. Not current year wrestling shitty, but still shitty. Those very early pre-extreme TV-shows were just terrible. They managed to put on some quality cards sometimes. But most of the ECW-nostalgia brushes over the amount of filler matches and no-dimes shitters they had.

I should clarify I'm mentioning the comparison because zoomers want to compare things to each other. Not to riff on Tony.

>whilst
faggot

Some of the PPVs were fucking brilliant and are still worth watching today. The downside is that it combined with the early stage internet to create the super smark, the worst kind of insufferable NEET, which in turn led to self-satisfied dogshit like PWG or AEW.

it was the aew of it's day, all it's shittiness was forgiven because they said cuss words and paid for real entrance music

They're called Singapore canes negro.

It was a thing for it’s time I think. There are some great matches and it’s cool to look back at some of the history but lot of it was garbage as well. The energy of the crowd was always fun though. Nothing at all like crowds today.

Attached: 91EDE92E-2053-4C04-8885-5CB7E43C4109.jpg (331x555, 38.08K)

>which in turn led to self-satisfied dogshit like PWG or AEW.
Nah, PWG is the legacy of early ROH
Also AEW is good

smell my farts

RVD is all coreographic stunts with no build up and storytelling at all. Once you saw a RVD match, you saw all of them

Heyman was a carny promoter AND a Jew

Yeah you do if you think Meltzer ratings mean anything.

The problem with ECW was that while they were good in finding capable wrestlers, almost everyone got picked up by a bigger company as soon as the gained any kind of steam