ECW One Night Stand 2006 was the moment that made me realize that John Cena is actually based...

ECW One Night Stand 2006 was the moment that made me realize that John Cena is actually based. He played the part of an upstanding hero in a hostile Lion's den like a complete fucking pro and produced true kino.

Attached: hqdefault (10)~2.jpg (395x252, 30.17K)

If this happened today with any other wrestling they'd immediately tweet about how they need to take a break for their mental health and asking for everyone to #dobetter

This was the last WWE ppv I bought and watched live, great show but the entire product took a nose dive after and never recovered

No shit. It was like everyone played their parts perfect that night. RVD was the bad ass avenger of ECW, Cena the boy scout in hostile territory.. even the crowd played their part perfectly. Cena doing the shirt bit with them in throwing it back, the faces he makes when they throw toliet paper and chant shit like "Cena Swallows", even the "If Cena wins, we riot!" banner in the balcony that they keep showing on camera and referencing in commentary. It's just fucking kino, even if the ECW relaunch itself was shit.

Attached: matt-cardona-title-gcw.jpg (1920x1280, 363.05K)

What would have happened if Cena won?

2006 was the last edgy WWE year. I miss it, bros.

There legit would have been a riot, which is why he never would have won

Fans would've thrown garbage and chairs in the ring, and would've made attempts to jump the guardrail. Cena's heat that tonight was at such high levels that you could burn the building down.

I fully believe the crowd would have trashed the arena and we probably would have had a repeat of the infamous ECW pile of chairs thrown by the crowd in the ring though it could've been even more violent.

The Philly ECW crowd was always rowdy as fuck and there were guys there probably hoping Cena would win so they could finally give some comeuppance to WWE for ECW being dead (even though it was Paul's fault it died and Vince McMahon had actually paid Paul's payroll several times and helped him keep the lights on starting during the ECW WWF invasion in 1996. He saw it as a feeder system for new stars. Bruce Prichard talks more about this on his podcast, he says even he didn't know at the time Vince was helping Paul with money.)

Okay well Zack’s a fucking G so he’s the exception

He was making reference to the fact that Dave Meltzer sperged out when they happened and said it was totally uncalled for. Matt Cardona himself said he loved it.

Heyman running out and counting the pin is peak kino. It's shoot one of my favourite moments in wrestling

It's funny because Matt loved it but his wife Chelsea Green literally cried because people were saying rude stuff to her. She was also a heel.

Just pulled this up on Peacock and I see there was an ECW One Night Stand 2007 and 2008 too? Never even heard anyone talk about them. Are they bad?

Kane of all people is on the thumbnail for the One Night Stand PPVs in the menu

2008 has Umaga vs Jeff Hardy which is pretty underrated

The Hardy's vs World's Greatest tag team in the ladder match from '07 is great. Candice vs Melina in a pudding match is good coom material. Edge vs Undertaker in a TLC match from '08 was kino.

Didn't he cry about the pizza cutter though

A little yeah

One night stand since 2007 was very wwefied. It later for turned into extreme rules

Came here to post this.

>Just pulled this up on Peacock and I see there was an ECW One Night Stand 2007 and 2008 too? Never even heard anyone talk about them.

Oh, people talk about One Night Stand 2007 all the time, just not by name. That was the night Benoit had to have someone check if the dogs were in the enclosed pool area.

>That was the night Benoit had to have someone check if the dogs were in the enclosed pool area.
That was Vengeance. One Night Stand took place a month before.

>Vengeance
Kind of an eerie foreshadowing since Kevin Sullivan murdered him and his family to avenge Chris stealing Nancy