Oldfags what was /asp/ like before the console wars and AEW?

oldfags what was /asp/ like before the console wars and AEW?

Attached: marvbateman.jpg (900x900, 88.05K)

Shit then too you finna pinhead dingus

Comfy

I started browsing in '16. I'd say it's been pretty much the same, except there was a lot more potential for memes to happen organically as opposed to the forced shit we mostly get today.

Attached: 1643089643068.jpg (700x641, 258.61K)

The 2016 brand split to WM 34 was the peak imo
There was console wars between Raw and Smackdown then later NJPW and WWE but it wasn't annoying and actually funny

*WM 33
And is right the memes in general were just funnier. Finna and Ding-dong diddly was technically forced but always made me lose it.

it was the same shit it was just smackchads vs RAWtists wojaks instead of aew vs wwe wojaks

I want to go back

Attached: 1641866787090.jpg (640x478, 77.55K)

Fuck knows. All the OGs were on /sp/

Monday night ram vs smackchad
Wwe vs new japan
Some impact threads
Calling undertaker a mark and an uamfbn

Pretty much the same. The dimes were in /sp/.

kayfabe was sacred and respected
the tists and schizoids running rampant here don't understand it

It was the exact same as now except all the E-drones who seethe about "gayEW" weren't here and the hype was all around NJPW so the meme they used against it was "Oh yeah I'd love to see Mitsubishi vs Ching Chong at Wrestle Dojo 18, it had all the flips". Also there were a lot more creative Kevin Nash posts

Everything that wasn't WWE was referred to as outlaw mudshow wrestling.

Console wars between Raw and Smackfags

Pretty fun. Aewtists because they are redditors can't take bants.

Kevin Nash was raped.

This RAMgods vs SMACKchads

newfags gonna newfag

You again, fuck off faggot you cant be an /asp/ OG when you came to the board when it was almost 2 years old. I was here from the very beginning, you were not. Your logic is astronomically retarded. You werent here for cm punk getting fired on his wedding day.

You antidimes shitters sucked so bad /sp/ exiled you.