Untitled

> youtu.be/SHqBPw5HYDU

I wasnt watching during this time period.
Was Wrasslin' main stream at this point? Was it as cool as it looks?

Attached: hollywud.jpg (974x903, 266.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0keslql2jWk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes to both. pure dimes

Yes. Shit is lame today.

Yeah.
Rodman was in the middle of the NBA finals too and supposed to be training, but he kept fucking off to party and make WCW appearances because he was a fan.

>Hulk Andre
>Hulk Macho
>Hulk Warrior
>NWO
>Hogan Rock
He really is the GOAT

Attached: hhf.jpg (200x194, 44.35K)

Wrestling was insanely over at this time. The two biggest promotions on the planet, at the peak of the popularity of wrestling, were putting out non stop 5* entertainment every week for about one year. Everyone knew it was a work, but hardly anyone was a smark in the modern sense. My friends and I would meet up at the rich friend's house every week after getting a bum to buy us a rack of beer and we would flip back and forth between Nitro and Raw depending on which had more cool shit during the commercial breaks. It was four hours (due to the broadcast time differences) of pure kino every single week. Tuesdays mornings before school I would smoke behind the gym with the goth kids and the metal kids and we would argue and fight which was the best promotion, faction, match, and wrestler.

Modern wrestling can't even compete.

This user knows. For me Nitro came on at 8 so I had one full hour of that until Raw at 9 then it was swapping back and forth basking in wrestling kino. Zoomers today have no idea how good the good times really were. It's why the dogshit we're dealt with today is seen as dogshit by people who know.

Yeah it was as big as its ever been
since the 80s
Wrestling after 2002 has never been as close to as big
Attitude era dying
Austin Retiring
Austins Heel Turn
WCW going under
Awful Invasion Angle
Perfect storm of shit to send wrestling down the toilet

God the 90s were so based. Actual gender and racial equality. A thriving working class economy, so all the weak middle class fags opinions were discarded as their spending power was irrelevant. We have to go back

>Was it as cool as it looks?
You better believe it brother

nWo was the fucking coolest shit as a kid. A bunch of us neighborhood kids got together and formed our own nWo and rode our bikes around town pretending they were Harleys, pretended to smoke candy cigarettes, and Too Sweeted each other whenever we met up

Attached: 1559237194299.gif (480x358, 1.97M)

It was more based than anything your little zoomer mind can comprehend, because you’ve never experience anything close to it.

Wrestling was never mainstream

and that's the big difference from wrestling today
you saw grade school kids, high school kids, people at work all wearing wrestling T-shirts and wrestling was considered cool
The last time I saw a kid with a wrestling shirt on may have been 7 or 8 years ago some young kid had a Cena shirt on
You use to see Austin 316 and NWO shirts everywhere back in the 90s and early 2000s

I just miss pre modern internet life. The boomers were right about social media and phones and shit, it fucking ruined people.

Attached: 1643231560598.jpg (828x797, 262.13K)

>Be me
>Full blooded hulkamaniac
>Was downloading and burning CDs for everyone in school
>was making websites for everyone as a kid
>today
>all these keedz cant do anything that isnt on a phone
>cant edit photos unless its on a phone
>cant design a website unless its drag and drop wix/squarespace shit
>text faster with their thumbs than they can type with their fingers
we went backwards

Attached: nygot.jpg (990x720, 53.53K)

it doesn't mean it can't happen again. all it takes is for a promotion to capture the zeitgeist of an era

Pretty unlikely
Wrestling is a dying industry
I pretty much only watch old wrestling or some Japanese stuff and the Japan stuff will always be Niche in the west.

>Actual gender and racial equality.
This is actually true despite what zoomers try to push nowadays. We had our problems in the 90s but if you saw a black dude in a TV show you didn't give it a second thought. We've actually regressed so much since then.

I think I saw a thread once somewhere on another board the headline said new computer science majors don't even know how to use basic computer functions like shortcuts and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=0keslql2jWk

I thought nWo Monday Nitro was the craziest shit back then. I want to go back.

No part of what made famous people cool before was that you only heard about them in interviews. You didnt know what their dog looked like and what they had for dinner because there was no social media.
The mystique will never come back

I always liked the nWo takeover shows being fucking shit (the first Souled Out for example) because the nWo are all heels who wouldn't put on shows entertaining to anyone but them. Kino

Yeah it was kino. Also how Nick Patrick (the ref in their pocket) was the ref for all the matches kek.