Was the New Generation era really that bad?

Was the New Generation era really that bad?

Attached: file.png (402x598, 446.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LonNPQPkNCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah but it's better than the slop WWE puts on now

I was a child back then and loved it

At the time, yes. It was basically the '90s equivalent of WWE now, but back in the day they were forced to get their shit together because they weren't a publicly traded company yet and no delusional retard had stock in their company, and they had more to lose. It was simpler times.

no, current product is a lot worse

WE'RE ON A MISSION

The steroid trial meant pushing giant rape victims, fat shitters, and workrate midgets. They needed main event guys who they could sell as strong without looking it.

Yes. Even the trash WWE puts out now is better than that shit. The only worse time period is probably 2009-2012.

>Even the trash WWE puts out now is better than that shit
Not even close, an average Bret or Shawn match from that era mogs any modern WWE match

Gimmickwise the roster was full of personalities some were silly others were good, while nowadays most wrestlers look bland or don't have any typ of gimmick. Also Prupletaker was dimes.

Attached: BDIQEX5TNMV7OWHOTQSYTQGZZE.jpg (1920x2915, 388.7K)

Objectively yes, but it was the era where I started watching as a kid. So I didn't really see the show as something that was bad. It's way worse now. Give me Razor Ramon over modern shitters any day.
youtu.be/LonNPQPkNCA

I thought the criticism with the New Gen is that the PPVs were great but Vince didn't spend much effort on Raw so that was filled with the shitty cartoon gimmicks.

Even this was better than today.

Attached: d767654578.gif (334x251, 2.1M)

is basically the new NXT, but the new gen had Bret and Gay Magazine to complement

Compared to the Attitude Era it was pretty shit and forgettable but it was still more entertaining than current WWE, especially TV. I'd rather watch 1 hour of disappointing boring wrestling than 3

Based Doink

Raw back then was mostly squash matches and promos to advance angles. It was still a "house business." Wrestler A vs jobber, Wrestler B vs jobber, then run an ad for house show promoting wrestler A vs wrestler B. They didn't start having major matches on Raw until Nitro starting doing it.

And Carder

and Diesel

The first Doink (Matt Osborn) was a hell of a wrestler and its a shame they gave him that gimmick. Id rather watch him than half of the WWE and AEW guys. I think the wrestling during the New Generation was fine it was just the angles and gimmicks sucked.

and The Heavenly Bodies

and the Midnight Express

The Blu Brothers were way more based than the Bodies