Same old shit but with a tiny roster

Same old shit but with a tiny roster

Attached: maxresdefault - 2022-01-30T124207.260.jpg (1280x720, 142.57K)

it's not tiny, it has 15 Undertakers!

Redpill me on this game. I liked 19 for it's flaws but avoided 20.

>IncrEDIble Grapfficks! !
it's like they forget how to sell after 2008... wait ...

It's supposed to have a new game engine but I'm not holding my breath.

I still bet simming matches will be more entertaining than 95% of matches in modern WWE.

>simming matches

>buys game
>watches it play itself

What if it has a huge roster but they just can't use 80% of it marketing materials because they all got fired?

Even before they pushed the release back to March they had an extra year and a half to work on the game. Early gameplay and reports from people who played it early shows they remodeled the game engine and fixed a lot of the little quirks in the game. One of the early players said something like now instead of your guy circling around trying to find a spot to put a ladder now you can just put them wherever you want.
The graphics honestly aren't that much improved but if people can play No Mercy and other n64 wrestling games to this day then I'm sure that can be overlooked if the game is good
Also this one seems like it has the most gameplay modes of any of the recent 2k wrestling games. Before it just felt like there was mycareer, the shitty universe mode, and matches. But this one has the Rey story mode, a mycareer where apparently it has different paths if you're a man/woman, GM mode, myfaction which is gonna be WWE's version of the myteam thing in other 2k games it's probably gonna be pay to win so wouldn't get too hyped for that one, and the new universe mode which seems like the story mode in old wrestling games where you play the weekly career of a wrestler and focus on them.
The roster, yeah it's ass but you can just add a bunch of community creations like any other 2k game so whatever

t. shill worked into preordering the deluxe edition

WWE 12 and 15 claimed the same things user, it's not. It's just a PR spin on the less than pleasant details tied to the yearly cycle.

One of the reasons 2K20 failed is thanks to how Yukes had been using the same base level code since the PS1. So when the b-team zoomer devs got handed over the assets by Yukes, the Japanese intentionally sent them a post-DLC build of 2K18. Not 19. So not only was it not up to date with the most recent patches, but it was riddled with 15+ years of coding methods they've likely never seen. It's why 2K21 was canned. These poor cunts had to spend over a year trying to figure out EVERYTHING and reallocating the animation paths etc. to a coding framework they understand. Anything else like animation data or whatever is bound to be the same shit they had since WWE Shut Your Mouth, because the time management required to mocap that much isn't viable.

This is likely the last 2K related game too, since the deal is up for renew soon. EA is 100% getting the licence and will zoomerfy this beyond belief.

I'll think about it. The community creations let me play the game as AEW 2K19 and me and the boys had some fun running our own shoot fed with our caws

Read if you want the 2k22 blackpill and make your own choice. Honestly I think its best they went through, figured out how the code works, and redid a bunch of things but it's also very true these "new engine updates" aren't as abundant as you'd think and it's all the same old core gameplay. I remember having the same hype for 2K15 and while they did rework a lot of things for that one it really didn't play that much different from 2k14 and 13 and it wasn't till the later 2ks where they added the mechanic where you can taunt and your opponent cant reverse moves and shit like that.

2K15 had the best stylised visuals for next gen, very sharp and used more traditional face modelling than depending on that scanning tech. I think it's due to the lighting framework in place from the prior gen.

Somehow 2K16 onward, the colours became so washed out and everything had this shine that just didn't make sense. Even T-shirts looked during entrances had this rubber/wet quality to them.

By the time they amended texture woes in 2K19, the advancement of gameplay had ground to a halt. Matches for even jobbers seemed to last decades.

Reminder the last good 2K games that was developed by Yukes was 2K19. It also has the biggest roster is the series and probably the best CAW creation community in the series history, especially on Xbox One. Damn near anyone you can think of probably had multiple CAWs of them with full custom entrances and movesets to download. I even found a Black Reign CAW. Same goes for arenas, belts, custom shows, tons of all that stuff. I have excellent IWGP and AEW belts I downloaded from CC on Xb1.

The servers for WWE 2K19 are still up until March. I'd recommend getting it and all the DLC and downloading every custom CAW and other assets the game will allow you to before the servers go down in March. I'm waiting to buy 2K22 until it's out and we can see what it's really like. Still may not due to the tiny roster.

>way smaller roster than before (no Jericho, Punk, Bryan, Ambrose, Rusev, Harper, Wyatt, Sting, Strowman, Flair, Hardyz, Christian, Big Show, Mark Henry, Aleister Black, The Revival, Andrade, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts + about 30 others)
>same shit engine that has been used since PS1 days
>less than 2 months until release and no gameplay clips, just "cinematic trailers" and bullshit screenshots

It's ogre

Cross-platform community creations for the first time ever.

>way smaller roster than before (no...
>starts to list aew wrestlers
umm maybe wait for the aew game?

>Matches for even jobbers seemed to last decades.

At least that's easy to change by modifying sliders and wrestler stats.

That's the only thing that may draw me to it but the fact I have to download CAWs of fucking people listed here is ridiculous.

As the user above mentioned the Xbox One 2k19 had a kick ass CC and the PS4 one sucked. I had it on PS4. Cross platform CC will solve that issue.

Do they at least have custom music this go around to salvage their microscopic roster?

Why would EA give a fuck about the WWE license?

No thanks, I don't buy woke products

Probably not but someone usually comes out with a tool to overwrite songs in the game and put in your own within a few months of release I really wish they would bring back custom music and titantrons though

No, because Sony and Microsoft sold out to Spotify. If the app doesn't approve, fuck you.

Market control. That and EA has been seething for years over 2K buying it without them knowing during the THQ court mandated sale.

Getting WWE It's a yearly game they can monetize the UT model, min-max production alongside UFC (via mo-cap, team allocation) and even do stupid licence cross over content. Like using Sasha's Star Wars attire for DLC. Oh and Ultimate Team, naturally.