Im self injecting for the first time what do i do :3

im self injecting for the first time what do i do :3

Attached: 1637924867449.png (1021x880, 920.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fenwayhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/MG-6_TransHealth_InjectionGuide.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't die

bbbbbut how

the key thing for self injection is to never inject someone else, only yourself

not them but my friend said hed inject me since im bad with needles, why never have someone else do it?

wait im stupid...............

If you're scared and clumsy like me and don't want to bleed from your thigh, and the oil you were prescribed isn't too thick (or you're just really patient), you can use an insulin syringe to inject into your tummy. Painless and easy.

Make sure you use some alcohol prep pads to clean the injection site first, and then let the alcohol dry.

because then it wouldn’t be self-injection dummy

but being serious, having someone else inject you is fine but it’d be good for you to learn how to do it yourself and be comfortable in case your friend is suddenly unavailable. And it’s just more convenient to do it on your own schedule anyway

Self-injection is mostly scary the first two or three times you do it, but not much can go wrong especially if you have the instructions right in front of you or something

What are the instructions :

Once you puncture skin don’t stop. Remember this is just taking your meds it’s no big deal. If you need to give yourself time to finally do it just be patient with yourself you’ll manage to do it. I find it’s easier to do if I have my bf talk to me during or to listen to a podcast or YouTube video

y yeah i get the self inject joke now ><

ik it would be good to learn but when i watch a needle enter me it makes me want to faint, idk if doing it myself would get me over it, while hes good with it and wanted to care

Hold your breath

Attached: 55c77f63b29a5930812eacbcf02081da.jpg (387x458, 25.97K)

here is a good injection guide, this is the one i used it covers subq and im injections. if you're doing iv i would highly recommend you wait and figure out what you're doing with medical help, cus thats the one where you can fuck up and die

Im not really scared just dont know what to do

fenwayhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/MG-6_TransHealth_InjectionGuide.pdf

forgot the guide lol

People do IV injections? That would freak me out

I just do subq because it’s seems like the easiest way to do it with a reasonable amount of room for error

This, but inject into your butt.

Easiest way to do it is to draw with a 8-10mm insulin syringe (will take about 45 seconds since they are so thin). Make sure you wipe the top of the vial with alcohol first. After it's drawn, wipe down an area on your butt or thigh with alcohol (exact location doesn't matter when you are doing subcutaneous). Put the syringe in and depress it.

It's way easier to do it this way than to do intermuscular. It hurts less, bleeds less, causes less damage to skin fat and muscle and is faster.

i dont think anyone does iv injections but i just wanted to add that disclaimer just in case.

and yeah i do subq just cus its easiest but i might switch to im bc my stomach is getting slightly covered in lumps

Do you have your needles? Use the big one to get the liquid out of the vial, replace it with the smaller one, sanitize your upper or outer side of your thigh (put your palm on your knee and don’t inject anywhere your palm is). Then you stick it in all the way abd inject.

you don’t rotate the injection sites? I do Tummy -> Right thigh -> Left thigh -> Repeat

So there’s like a two week difference between repeat injections in a single injection site, and I switch up spots within a single site too

Why tf do people use seperate needles for drawing and injecting? I have never understood this. It's literally just harder, less convenient, more expensive and wastes estrogen.

switch out needles between the bottle and actually injecting,

Use some alcohol pads to rub the area, squeeze the area with your other hand, and use the needle, once its fully in your thigh, slowly inject. then after pull out the needle, put the cap on, and get a bandaid.

I do right thigh, left thigh, right butt, left butt on a 4 day cycle

I minimize waste by extracting the ammount in the syringe after raising the needle from the liquid. My needles are paid for by my insurance so I don’t really give a shit about price this is just what my clinic told me to do

Pushing the needle through the rubber stopper dulls it slightly which makes it more painful to inject and can leave you more sore

It’s probably not a big difference though, if I were on a stricter budget I wouldn’t switch needles

i rotate in my stomach area but i always inject into that region bc stomach has more bioavailability than thighs and doing it in the butt is annoying

That's only really an issue with like 23 gauge needles in my experience. The amount an insulin needle is dulled by going through the stopper my be significant but the needle is so thin in the first place it doesn't matter.

Is the bioavailability difference that significant though? I’m doing monotherapy which requires relatively high levels of E and my blood work from earlier this week looked good

Ya, but estrogen also encourages local build up of fat... That's why it's good to use topically on ur face. Injecting it into tummy is like asking for a gut.

i'm not worried about a gut, i run ultramarathons lol

and yes, its around 85-95% in stomach and but and around 65% in thighs. i do monotherapy also which is why i care

but if your blood work looks good then dont change anything, thats the most important thing

I agree, but a lot of people have hangups about injections in the first place (like I was kinda nervous when I started) and doing a minor step like switching out the needles to make the actual injection itself a little smoother helps with getting over the “oh god I’m stabbing myself I hope I don’t die” feeling

But I guess if you’re not a wimp like me that might not matter all that much lol