Leeeeeets goooooooooo

Attached: bbc.png (870x1055, 448.43K)

>women

everything is over the counter if you put a little effort in

don't worry, the terves in the gov will make it apply to women
(you) will still be gatekept and forced to hondom

But really though, if it's truly OTC, you just need to look like a woman right, then who are they to stop you

They'll probably check your medical records.

It's pretty crazy. They'll let adult cis women buy over the counter medication to change the natural course of their endocrine system but they won't let adult trannies buy the same medication without gatekeeping... The purpose is equivalent, change your body to avoid pain.

is this going to end with women taking trans-tier doses of hrt for anti-aging and then giving themselves cancer and then hrt goes back to being prescription only

Removing their ovaries and womb and then doing tranny level hrt is based for anti-aging as a cis woman though

Yeah I'm the "yay to bodymodding" type but even then, it needs to come with doing your due diligence on what the medication does, and I'm honestly amazed by how many women have completely normalised taking birth control from age 14 to the rest of their lives without learning the risk-reward ratio

Yeah but they hate us so it is ok and also it is better to be in touch with endo so you can get your levels right. Don't you want people to have safe hrt instead of dangerous hrt.

The only way they could solve this is if they left a detailed guide with testing kits for trans people to do hrt themselves. They would also need to be a legal adult, be adulthood obtained at 16 from a court or at 18. Training for hrt administration could also be required to ensure that the purchaser understands what they are doing. Women/Men dealing with hormanal imbalances should also need to know what the fuck their doing before being allowed to make a purchase. Hormones are not magic candies and we don't need morons buying them thinking they are.

go back to susan's

lulz do you really think people should be allowed cis/trans to purchase life changing hormones without informed consent or understand how to administer them correctly? What is wrong with having test kits, training and guides available to a consumer? If you are mad at the age thing, that is just the law regarding many otc's in general fuck face.

Bio-equivalent progesterone is only bad when tranners do it, so we won't prescribe it. Cis (real) women are obviously allowed to buy it over the counter because they're not changing their bodies so it's "natural" so has no risk.

>Dr Paula Briggs, a consultant in sexual and reproductive health at Liverpool Women's Hospital, said that making HRT available over the counter would be "a good thing to do". But she said it needed to be done carefully, by ensuring education for pharmacists and women on accessing the right treatments."
Trannies are killing themselves because they have to go through a 3 year wait for hormones (and after that if they look too masculine after that possibly another year of gatekeeping where they have to crossdress without HRT), but if a cis person is balding they can buy pills over the counter that have a 1/3 chance of making them chronically depressed. Why can't I make a decision about my body like a menopausal woman, there's a demand for pharmacists to have training to treat them, why not me?

testing, training, and guides should be available, but not mandatory. let people use their bodies how they want.

>Removing their ovaries and womb and then doing tranny level hrt is based for anti-aging as a cis woman though
Does that really help/work? Not dangerous?

based

incoming mass shortages of over the counter hrt

If it's OTC, what you look like can't matter. Pharmacies can't just refuse to sell you a product because of your appearance.

>Pharmacies can't just refuse to sell you a product because of your appearance.
I don't know what it's like in the UK, but in several US states they literally can.

Why? What's an example?

They can deny medications if it conflicts with their religious or personal beliefs. It's typically comes up in the context of contraceptives and trans health.

>>lulz do you really think people should be allowed cis/trans to purchase life changing hormones without informed consent or understand how to administer them correctly?
Yes. The government should have no say at all what I put in my body.

If people are allowed to buy soda and junk food, then yes, they should obviously be allowed to buy HRT as well.

>soda is the same as dangerous, life-altering hormonal agents

>hrt is more dangerous than soda
>soda isnt life-altering
kek

if soda were as dangerous as hormonal drugs, it would be regulated just as hormonal drugs are

>popularity isn't a factor in what is and isn't illegal or regulated
do you not think?