What Linux distro does Any Forums use?

What Linux distro does Any Forums use?

Attached: file.png (1447x2047, 3.7M)

Fedora and Ubuntu

OpenBSD

I'm too braindead for linux

I've heard good things about Fedora, I'm thinking of installing it on my laptop

Chad

There are distros that are very simple to install and use, user. If you have a spare hard drive/SSD, you should give Linux a try!

kali generally, arch for running windows VMs

I use windows xp

Attached: 9831E4B4-1656-49F5-92B8-FD843BC26226.jpg (1200x1097, 71.99K)

Which one should I try user? I'm interested in it, just seems too hard

raspbian because the only good reason for loonix is appliances and servers

you mean you're too smart for linux. only midwits think doing everything the stupid way and typing a bunch of commands into a shell to accomplish the most mundane tasks makes them smart

Windows 11

>you should give Linux a try!
but why though? What meaningful improvements will it give me if I only use my PC to browse, listen to music, and play games occasionally

i dont get the point of linux
half of the programs that i use and games that i play wouldnt even run on it. its just macOS but worse and you need to type in commands for fucking everything
>inb4 just use a vm
or, you know, just stick to using windows as your main os

I'm pretty committed to Arch, but I flirt with Guix

It's more configurable and it doesn't force updates on you

Xubuntu in the past.

Granted using Windows 11 so many UI elements feel like Kubuntu from 2014ish and it is weird.

Its more about privacy than functionality user

Attached: 1625175276916.jpg (631x807, 138.72K)

Games are a waste of time, and most proprietary software is a waste of money

Pop!_OS, Linux Mint, or Zorin come to mind

I personally like the customizability and speed. A lot of people like it for privacy and security, and because it's open.
If that's what you do, Linux may be a pretty good choice if the games you play run on Proton.

Windows 11 does feel a lot like KDE desu.

>Games are a waste of time
>"they're gonna think i'm an incredibly BASED stoic"

Attached: 833e2fdf13d8eaae8a51915c9e776ab3.png (452x363, 94.13K)

>It's more configurable
Don't need that when 90% of my time on the computer is just spent on Firefox and Spotify
>doesn't force updates on you
I don't really care if windows spends a couple minutes updating while I'm not on the PC anyway

>privacy
who gives a fuck i dont have anything to hide and the only people who actually put that much effort into their privacy are either insanely autistic or cp users
cope

Attached: 21212.png (1280x570, 584.22K)

functionality is still great though
like nearly 100% of people will not being doing something on linux that hasn't been done by thousands of people, and had a tutorial written on it dozens of times
it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the basics figured out you might have to do a very small amount of research to figure out how to do a niche task.
and then for the handful of programs you can't run, its not hard to vm, at all

You can turn automatic updates off on basically any OS, and most of the 'configuration' you're describing is just un-breaking things that had no need to be broke in the first place except that a couple of open sores developers got in an ideology war and the best "compromise" they could come up with is to force the end user to reinvent the wheel every time

i don't think linux users understand that their constant justifications for using linux just make them look even more like retards/autists/schizos to everyone else

tails

It used to be pretty cool when Windows was complete shit or vulnerable (XP and Vista), plus it was when internet geeks felt an open non-corporate internet might be the future. Obviously that shit never happened and we went further into the corporatized monopoly where everyone is okay with it.

Oh, the forced updates really got to me when I used Windows. It would crash after some of them, other times the update would force me to restart when I wanted to work.
Anyway, it's hard to explain how nice it is to have a more configurable system, I didn't think I cared until I realised what I could do with Linux.

Raspbian

Attached: cute_computer!!.jpg (1600x1200, 630.55K)

trisquel

>type commands for everything
not true but you’d have to actually use Linux to know this

also Linux is more functional for what I do on my personal machines (programming, random technical projects, setting up services and servers). You can’t beat Linux when it comes to the amount of software available for it, but if you don’t have a need for the additional functionality then yeah Linux is gonna seem redundant.

It’s like asking why people use calculators when an abacus works just as well for doing your homework

I use a stock windows desktop I got at bestbuy, it doesn't have a proper graphics card, and it runs extra slow bc I keep downloading questionable files with no antivirus, so it's probably crammed full of viruses

That is a cute computer

desu for most people its not the most practical, though it certainly is getting better.
linux does have use cases though, anywhere that you need low overhead(reviving old, slow laptops for example), or if you really do want privacy, or if you just don't want to give money to microsoft or apple.

Currently Pop!, Ubuntu and manjaro at home
RedHat EL at work
Also use Solaris at work

void uwu

Attached: 7f32t.jpg (214x236, 9.04K)

In that case, Linux would be perfect for you!

I think a lot of people in this thread don't realize that most "normal" people don't give a shit about their privacy or the forced updates, but I think in your case you could actually benefit a lot from switching to Linux.

+1 for user switching to ubuntu or mint or similar.
less overhead = faster cheap laptop while doing all the things a normal laptop can.

>think raspberry pi is cute
>get one
>have to use linux to use cute computer
It's the only reason I even use linux anymore desu, outside of trying to make slow hardware run for fun.