Is Alucard supposed to be Vlad (Dracula) or Vlad's son?

Is Alucard supposed to be Vlad (Dracula) or Vlad's son?

Also, why can't we get cool characters like Him anymore?

Attached: Alucard.png (333x597, 145.75K)

>Also, why can't we get cool characters like Him anymore?
Because people would say it is just a ripoff of him when they see it resembles him.
>Is Alucard supposed to be Vlad (Dracula) or Vlad's son?
The name Alucard (backwards Dracula) was the son of Dracula in Castlevania series yes. But here going into the lore it is used by Hellsing to make it not so obvious that that's him.

I always had this question about him ?
What did Hellsing do to him ? did they really enhance him to be beyond what it was as Dracula ? Or it was just bragging about having a invincible vampire.

Read ALUCARD backwards...
Do it

Is Alucard the most popular vampire in fiction?

>why can't we get cool characters like Him anymore?
It's passay

>What did Hellsing do to him?
He somehow found his weakness and managed to shackle him to his service.

What about D?

No.

Attached: dracula-orig.jpg (1433x1100, 105.08K)

*passé(e)

Unfortunately even ignoring the big D himself, the sparkly gay vampires from Twilight would be more popular if you're talking about total human population.

Nobody cares about Twilight anymore

user women dont count as humans

Was finally able to show my brother this kino (dubbed)

It was always amazing to me how creative they was able to get with his regeneration abilities, and just how his powers and what he was capable of just kept escalating to insane levels

>Also, why can't we get cool characters like Him anymore?
98% of recent anime cater to young public, sometime giving them characters who is literally them.

See pic, apparently turning this into a bond of something.
Alternatively, Alucard is fed up with being undead and want someone to end him, someone HUMAN, which is more likely to happen if he kill all the other vampire threatening humanity.

Attached: 0010-143.jpg (1024x1449, 329.76K)

What about it?

They still know what it is and their gay fanclubs are still bigger than fans of random old-ass anime.

>The name Alucard (backwards Dracula) was the son of Dracula in Castlevania series yes. But here going into the lore it is used by Hellsing to make it not so obvious that that's him.
Original poster here, sorry, in Hellsing Alucard is Dracula a.k.a Vlad the Impaler. In the end of the series he even transforms.

Alucard is Count Dracula himself unlike Castlevania Alucard.

Attached: ABE57E2D-14EB-49DD-A6FE-3B8C3BC37176.jpg (1280x720, 44.77K)

I think D is the most unpopular vampire I've ever seen, only in Any Forums can you see a discussion about him.

literally just read his name
Given that Millenium were able to create thousands of vampires from just Mina Harker's corpse, I would assume whatever experimentation they did with Alucard was far more productive. Or they've just been giving him very powerful targets to kill for ~150 years.

Attached: 3lucard.png (840x445, 361.64K)