This is the single best entertainment piece of media ever created

this is the single best entertainment piece of media ever created.
prove me wrong

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (189x267, 14.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

issuu.com/marcoflandez/docs/hamlet_manga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1564431160919.png (834x733, 418.6K)

/thread

Attached: Akira-Poster.jpg (1000x1426, 471.16K)

literally what

For a series to be considered the best "entertainment piece of media", it would at least need to be consistent throughout its run but NGE is notorious for being inconsistent in its tone and pacing. The first, second, and third segments might as well be individual anime separate from each other.

It's not even entertaining.

The first two and the last six episodes of Evangelion are the only ones with anything necessary to watch. The other eighteen episodes were just to be disposable entertainment.

Saying this as a fan of Eva.

Attached: 1659316271203227.png (1440x2243, 2.19M)

Very true user, six episodes and EoE were all it took to tell the story.
Both low-quality bait

continuing :
Also I’m a hardcore fan of Evangelion while acknowledging it is at best a mediocre work of tragedy. Even the works of Yoko Taro (Drakengard/Nier) incorporate better literary themes. I would suggest you check those out.

Ultimately getting into literature was what I did. Got an appreciation for tragedy with Tragedy: A Very Short Introduction and The Birth of Tragedy. I read Moby Dick, Faust, Shakespeare. The Greeks have great tragedy as well but I haven’t yet gotten to them outside of the mandatory Oedipus Rex I read in school. These are works of tragedy that will give you 20x more things to mentally chew on than Evangelion’s finest moments. Much of Evangelion itself was inspired by these works since many of them are mandatory in Japanese public education (and manga/anime makers have little other inspiration to go off of). Though, undeniably, Evangelion is a great work of cinema through its audiovisual elements, but this is like appreciating that a hotel room in a rundown neighborhood has a free breakfast in the morning (referring to the comparative value of story’s importance to its cinematic elements).

Attached: EC5D482D-F5B9-49A5-BB08-F7F3FCDBD6F7.jpg (850x531, 73.98K)

its boring as fuck.

Evanjellyon is the epitome of mindfuck anime. Anno intended to make something so bad that your brain has no choice but to like it.

Attached: 20220915_112632.png (1440x2242, 2.52M)

>These are works of tragedy that will give you 20x more things to mentally chew on than Evangelion’s finest moments.
That's debatable. One of the strengths of NGE is how relatable Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Misato are. Theirs are the worries and insecurity and hopelessness of the modern world, and are more likely to resonate with a modern viewer than the great tragedies of the past.

>prove me wrong hur durr
I miss when that phrase was an auto ban. No, you have to prove your retardation right, first.

>That's debatable. One of the strengths of NGE is how relatable Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Misato are. Theirs are the worries and insecurity and hopelessness of the modern world, and are more likely to resonate with a modern viewer than the great tragedies of the past.
Evangelion's most relatable concerns are perennial ones. As old as time itself. Something all writers and playwrights have touched on in virtually every epoch.

Their worries are their ability to feel close to another human being in-spite of the inevitable conflict it creates. Common to something as early as The Bible with the Tower of Babel and the quarreling tribes of Israel. The idea of isolation leading to a world "surrounding yourself with yourself" and thus giving you the semblance of "not existing at all" because "others aren't there to validate your existence" is basically Don Quixote along with most of Shakespeare.

"Modernity" doesn't change the human experience. We still have to deal with one another. Confront our own weaknesses and limitations given to us by birth. Overcome challenges for growth. All in the aim of meeting someone to have a family with to do it all over again. Something being "less modern" changes none of this.

Again. Hideaki Anno was probably required to read a lot of this stuff in school. He wasn't watching anime to get inspiration for things like Diebuster or Evangelion.

Attached: __ayanami_rei_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_kawarajima_kou__3e262e988f20a1a4192a86b5a3d94700.jpg (698x1024, 69.62K)

>He wasn't watching anime to get inspiration for things like Diebuster or Evangelion
You haven't seen much 70s/80s anime have you.

Attached: 1641146287390.jpg (3000x1575, 1.19M)

>relatable
Yeah, because you're a fatally flawed fuckup.

There's a difference between being inspired in-terms of sequential and visual art versus being inspired by literature for writing stories. Undeniably there are templates within anime for shounen which are reused countlessly among anime creators, but the original contributions (of which there are generally few) in Anno's work came from sources outside of anime. This is a thing Miyazaki harps about as well.

Attached: 317112.jpg (1920x1309, 806.53K)

I'm pretty sure he was influenced by Yamato, Gundam and Ideon in terms of writing too. And his literature influences are mainly Japanese as far as I know.

>influenced by Yamato, Gundam and Ideon in terms of writing too
Corresponds to
>Undeniably there are templates within anime for shounen which are reused countlessly among anime creators

>And his literature influences are mainly Japanese as far as I know.
What Japanese literature was he influenced by? Can you give an example?

You don't have to be an exact copy of literally you characters to relate to them. Do you feel nothing watching a war movie because you've never been a soldier on the front line?

Ditch the crazy hyperboles OP. It's great and I love it too, but this type of thread is just plain obnoxious. Talk about anime without making it into a competition every time. Stop being so eager to make your favourite thing into the best ever thing.

elaborating :
>Theirs are the worries and insecurity and hopelessness of the modern world,
Their concerns about their world are no different than any time period. The fear that getting close to someone will result in rejection and pain. This is as old as time.
>and are more likely to resonate with a modern viewer than the great tragedies of the past.
If this is the case, it's only as a result of superficial details (the language and cultural allusions) being made more accessible and nothing to do with the story itself. You could easily write Hamlet into a manga (stripping some allusions of course) and you would see this to be the case: issuu.com/marcoflandez/docs/hamlet_manga

Attached: ac611ffa46d99ee2ce1a547a67eaba9c.jpg (640x1248, 74.45K)