Is this Any Forums? Some will say it's Any Forums, but how are you going to call proto-Studio Ghibli Any Forums?

Is this Any Forums? Some will say it's Any Forums, but how are you going to call proto-Studio Ghibli Any Forums?

What a quaint lil movie.

Attached: MV5BYWNmNzZiOTktYWUyNy00NDg4LWE3YTAtMDA5ZTFhNDEzZGRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_[1].jpg (1794x2767, 1.61M)

>how are you going to call proto-Studio Ghibli Any Forums?
By that logic, the Hobbit is Any Forums too.
It's still an America production that just outsourced their animation to a Japanese studio. Tons of animation productions did that back then, is the Muppet Babies Any Forums because it was partially animated by Toei?

Attached: x360.jpg (640x360, 95.6K)

>By that logic, the Hobbit is Any Forums too.
then so it is

>It's still an America production
all japanese productions are american productions post-1945, technically.

I see people still insist of inserting western products into anime discussions

I remember watching this while drunk. The Jewish nose guy was funny also I wanted to bang the girl until I found out she was a horse

they're part of the discussion. studio ghibli likely wouldn't have existed without these early successes funding the creation of the studio.

being so hardline weeb and forcing arguments into tiny containers thus limits your knowledge and ability to discuss things more deeply in the medium you care about.

tl;dr stop being such fags about shit, jesus.

pretending you wouldn't fuck a unicorn come on mamn

One is good, the other is bad. Bad things don't go to/a/ they go to co to dye

FUCK OFF Any Forums!

>stop being such fags about shit,
I m a fag because i want the board to stay on topic (one of the last things it still does well) instead of humoring every person who claims "this thing is actually anime " because they don't like Any Forums or something

>on-topic

oh, spare me. this board is filled with so many trash "OT" threads 99% of the time, 8 one piece threads at once, you don't go in every thread and say something about them.

people incessantly target anything they feel is slightly out off bounds instead of having a discussion. you are actively shitposting

Fuck the unicorn

Attached: 120373238235.jpg (720x540, 41.11K)

Look at that big jew nose

being jewish makes you a more powerful sorcerer

holy ESL

The one piece and shounen spam is obnoxious and they deserve a /vg/ type containment thread dosen't mean they are off topic

>people incessantly target anything they feel is slightly out off bounds instead of having a discussion.
The discussion is if the movie was Any Forums or not i don't think it is i don't get why you think i m attacking you

Yea its euro hours what did you expect

i just wish Any Forums was just a little more flexible. i got told by a mod on irc i could post manxia here and then got banned for posting manxia. like, wtf?

making things be that focused is a performative social manuever. it's not designed to focus discussion. it's designed to provide a safe space/echo chamber. you see this exact behavior with the most safe spacey sites on the internet. its like how if you say the wrong thing on that resetera video game site they will just ban you outright for wrong opinion.

I never felt like I needed to only like the exact things defined as hyper japanese 100% perfect anime and manga. I really don't get the obsession with it, and I feel it comes from a lack of personal identity and struggle to build one out of social coalescence....otherwise known as......being a poseur.

And I wish you Any Forumstards would stay on your own fucking board.

It's called gatekeeping and it keeps the shitters out. They've been a problem ever since they moved in next door.

Attached: 1660243940970.jpg (606x861, 719.48K)

i have been on Any Forums since 2006 and i have never voluntarily gone to Any Forums one time.

you are a poseur, and your weak sense of identity rests on centering your entire life on consumption of only 100% japanese things. you are fat and live in a dirty environment.

btw, we are allowed one thread per board to talk about board issues. :)

>It's called gatekeeping
............ Any Forums does not feel like a gatekept environment bro

if you gatekept for this level of discussion in general, the gate was faulty, rofl

oh boy let me talk about manga with more 14 year olds who have to have basic plot points explained to them because they're retarded and never read a single book

>be young
>have adults refuse to teach you anything or explain anything to you about the stuff you watch
>grow old and embittered
>do the same thing to the next generation
>die with no one to actually talk to
wow, amazing plan asshole

FEATURING THE MUSIC OF AMERICA

?????????????? youre going after me with this when i was the one to open the thread with this discussion? retard lmao

Jesus, those are some fucking thin legs. Those twigs could never support horseweight.

>just wish Any Forums was just a little more flexible
Agree on that somewhat

>making things be that focused is a performative social manuever. it's not designed to focus discussion. it's designed to provide a safe space/echo chamber. you see this exact behavior with the most safe spacey sites on the internet. its like how if you say the wrong thing on that resetera video game site they will just ban you outright for wrong opinion.
There's nothing wrong with a board discussion being focused on the thing that board is made for especially if you don't want to end up like something along the lines of Any Forums. And the place isn't exactly some safe space and you aren't getting banned for having "wrong" opinions or dumb ones here otherwise 90% of the users here would be gone. Let's be fucking fair the only people that get banned at this point are people spamming wojaks.

>I never felt like I needed to only like the exact things defined as hyper japanese 100% perfect anime and manga
No one is forcing you all i m saying is that they are better places to discuss them

and all i'm saying is that the last unicorn is basically an anime

i don't care if it "really is" or not. I started watching anime in the mid 80s. my mind interprets it as anime

so at some point it becomes, is that person right, or am I? because to me it's close enough, and i don't live int he world of extremely rigid delineations, because I find that's the world of stupid people.