What happens if Oda dies before finishing OP? He's almost 50 and that's a dangerous age for mangaka

What happens if Oda dies before finishing OP? He's almost 50 and that's a dangerous age for mangaka

Attached: sweating hack.jpg (225x350, 28.43K)

Would go down as the greatest blueballing in manga history. Realistically though I'm sure he notes and has talked to people, so Jump might try to publish their understanding of the ending anyway.

So if he kicked the bucket before finishing One Piece, the D in D-day protocol to finish it would be the same D as the Will of D?

The truth is that the One Piece ending will be disappointing. Literally almost none of mysteries that One Piece has set up has been revealed yet like Vegapunk, Laughtale, Ancient weapins, and the ones that have been revealed have been disappointing, because the mystery is always better than the reveal itself. It's the same thing with any media where a mystery is the main focus. For example the first half of Attack on Titan is setting up the mystery like what's in the basement, why was Eren able to control all those Titans et.. But when all that was revealed the manga when down in quality.

Shonen Jump will hire some mangaka who shared drinks with Oda, claim that said mangaka was Oda's BFF and had access to the ending manuscript, then One Piece will turn into a glorified fanfic with copious amounts of NTR.

Nothing, literally

He's had the final chapter in a vault for years now, newfags.

user...

I gave up on his manga long ago, just like I gave up on Berserk long before Miura died.

It would be really funny ngl. I would laugh just for the amount of blue balling and agony that would occur.

>Believing the "author already made the ending and put it inside a vault" garbage every single company pulls out when the cash cow franchise author dies all of a sudden and they want to give the work a bit extra milking.
Did you unironically believe your priest when he told you that what he was inserting inside your anus was an exorcism sin-cleaning instrument and not his penis?

>Did you unironically believe your priest when he told you that what he was inserting inside your anus was an exorcism sin-cleaning instrument and not his penis?
C-can't it be both?

WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT ONE PIECE IS, IF YOU FOLLOW ARTUR - THE LIBRARY OF OHARA ON YOUTUBE. WHO CARES IF ODA DIES, IT JUST MEANS WE CAN SKIP THOUSANDS OF BORING GENERIC CHARACTERS THAT STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT AND BLOAT UP EVERY ARC

I can't help but wonder if Oda is cognizant of his mortality at all.
Like, yeah. He probably won't die soon. Hopefully he won't die soon. But it's always a possibility. Death isn't going to wait for him to finish his manga, even if he dedicates his life to it.
Oda never writes the story like he's in a rush. Not like he's an old man who's only getting older. Quite the opposite, in fact. Pic related was about half a year of real time.

Attached: run piece.png (779x5107, 2.7M)

This

I think the unfortunate reality is that every long-running manga will have a disappointing ending.
At some point, the series' popularity will get out of hand and the author won't be able to finish it with the beginning, middle, and end they had in mind.
Even if you take Oda at his word and believe that he planned One Piece's ending from the very beginning, it's important to remember that One Piece was only planned to run for 5 years.
Even if the ending isn't necessarily bad, I guarantee that it'll feel anticlimactic. A satisfying ending for a 5 year series isn't always satisfying for a 30+ year series.

What happens to mangaka past 50? Like yeah they live a sedentary life and it's not the healthiest but at least they don't do drugs or booze.

>What happens to mangaka past 50?
The Japanese work culture catches up to them

Nice headcanon there, fag.

See Berserk.

Depends on how much sleep they get. Oda is a known overworker so he’s pretty high on the death watch.

What makes a story remembered (or good) is when you have mysteries that are never resolved.
It's impossible to have every loose end tied AND make it all good, you can only let the readers resolve some of the mysteries and have them theorize over the rest for years.