Boruto: Naruto's next generation

What's next for the world's most inconpetent alien hunter?

Attached: 1629300182749.png (784x1145, 639.95K)

Cutest couple. Best couple.

Attached: 45751634_p0.jpg (348x533, 43.67K)

That’s not ShikaTema

ShikaTema isn't cute

Neither is that incompetent, useless, pink haired whore.

Attached: Sakura is Useless.jpg (588x640, 64.57K)

I'm not the NSfag

Her timeskip design is so crap. Where’s the lipstick and floofy bangs?

>Another volume flops.
Borutobros... we need to do something FAST. Things can't continue to sink like this.

Attached: 1662772477709720.jpg (1950x1092, 297.16K)

Activate it.

Attached: kawakis fault.jpg (268x511, 51.85K)

The story going anime only would probably be an improvement. All the oodles of money it makes are predicated on the anime, not the manga.

i liked this pain the best

Attached: 1647171052952.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Honest to God, I don't think replacing Ikemoto and switching the schedule to biweekly can save us now.

Wondering if being published in V Jump would've saved squid 8 from the axe

They should have done it eons ago. Frankly Boruto is a masterclass in bad decision making. Ikemoto should never have been put on it in the first place. And even then if you read the tankobons the chapters usually contain plenty of acceptable exit points to close out the chapter early meaning that it should be possible to release it biweekly albeit at a lower page count. Making it monthly is a retarded business decision.

Anyway if you see that soemthing isn’t doing well and that fan chatter is very negative about the monthly pacing you should replace the artist before the sales dip that low.

The problem is Kishimoto wants no one else to draw this manga but Ikemoto. Not to mention Ikemoto being replaced because his art is bad wouldn't be a good look on him (dishonorable, to plainly put it). I have no idea how Boruto is going to be handled at this rate.

VJUMP is a privileged magazine to advertise established brands. New ideas don't go there.

Kishi's morale must be at an all time low.

Nepotism ruined the manga. The blame lays squarely at Kishimoto's feet if what you say is true (or perhaps rather the spineless editors who were unwilling to say no). Ikemoto has no business being a lead mangaka as nearly all the manga's problems can be traced back to it being monthly, he's just too slow. Monthly is just terrible for stories like Boruto's, even the SoL monthlies I follow have people bitching about the release schedule, those problems are magnified for stories with plot and combat. Fights take months to conclude, the payoff never feels worth the build up (no matter how good it might otherwise be) and there isn't any room for the story to breath to give anyone outside the main cast something to do. Characterization that would be entertaining in a weekly format would feel tedious when delivered once a month.

People would absolutely forgive the manga's artwork if it was being delivered more frequently. If not weekly then every two weeks would be fine. As is the monthly release schedule is hurting the storytelling and gets Ikemoto compared to monthly manga with much nicer artwork. I don't get why he can't at least switch to calligraphic pens over mechanical ones, the lack of line width variation is a huge part of why it doesn't look as good as other manga.

It’s not that, Kishimoto merely picked Ikemoto. Kodachi also had a relationship with Kishimoto and yet he was still fired. Viz has no reason to replace Ikemoto. It’s difficult to find decent artists you can contract for 10 years at a mangas notoriously difficult schedule, there are plenty of ultra talented artists that can’t do or don’t want to do art at the required speed. The decision was a no brainer for Kishimoto, Ikemoto was his top assistant and has had a long trustworthy relationship with him for over a decade, executives/editors that worked with Kishimoto also know Ikemoto. And despite his inferior quality I’m willing to bet Ikemoto is giving Viz an easier time than other mangaka. Viz not caring about Boruto also provides leniency for quality and sale quotas. The real issue is the dynamic between the manga and the anime, the anime needs to go seasonal or the manga needs to get canceled, so long as it’s not one of those scenarios the series will continue to hurt.

>It’s not that, Kishimoto merely picked Ikemoto. Kodachi also had a relationship with Kishimoto and yet he was still fired.
Ikemoto has worked with Kishimoto since practically the beginning of Naruto. Kodachi wrote some light novels for the blank period and the Boruto movie. Kishimoto has WAY more history with Ikemoto than he ever did Kodachi, so of course Kodachi could get fired.

>Viz has no reason to replace Ikemoto. It’s difficult to find decent artists you can contract for 10 years at a mangas notoriously difficult schedule, there are plenty of ultra talented artists that can’t do or don’t want to do art at the required speed.
>Viz
user...

Anyway, you mean to tell me there are no artists that would jump at the chance of drawing the sequel for the Naruto franchise? Technically, Kishimoto could've got the Samurai 8 guy to draw Boruto.

If they're going to make a manga monthly and add no quality whatsoever, they shouldn't be surprised that sales are constantly dipping. It's a literal downgrade from the original series. Why do we have to wait four months for a fight to resolve or wait an entire year for the plot to progress?