Griffith: the fucking retard

I'm re-reading berserk and this part got me, again

Its extremely fucking stupid, I can't imagine why the fuck would Griffith do this, at all. He has always been perfectly intelligent, calculating and patient just to fuck it all up and do the equivalent of fucking suicide. The excuse of "he was mad because the love of his life just disappeared" is not good enough at all.
Every time I see a griffith apologist, anyone saying "Griffith did nothing wrong", I really need to point out to this inmense giant fuckup that I can consider the dumbest fucking decision taken by any character in the story of manga. He KNEW Guts would one day come back, he only had to wait like one fucking year or so to tap the princess, he was so fucking close and had won already and yet he, HIM ALONE, decided to ruin his fucking life and the life of the entire band

Holy shit Griffith

Attached: image_2022-09-06_171959864.png (1131x1600, 1.8M)

He took the break up REAL fucking hard

Yep

Rewatching the anime and re-reading the manga at the same time I find it that its clear that griffith indeed had romantic feelings for Guts, and that both Caska and Guts had realized it. There are a lot of other elements to it of course, like the fact that Guts could be legitimately considered the strongest man in the land, the only one willing to do his dirtiest jobs and the only one left that knew all of Grifith worst secrets
The thing is that Griffith knew that
1-he had to marry charlotte eventually and thus he wouldn't be with guts forever anyway
2-Guts would return in the future once he had found a reason to live as Griffith's equal

And yet he decided to be an irrational retard
fucking why, holy fuck it makes me upset how much fault he has in all that happened afterward of course, a very small tiny fault lies in the king being an incestuous pederast

That's the point of his character. He is not as strong, intelligent, mentally stable or perfect as he seems to be
I didn't understand this part at first either because the manga makes you believe he is like L and always makes the best decision, however Casca by that point already foreshadowed the possibility of him acting like a raging retard when hurt

>Casca by that point already foreshadowed the possibility of him acting like a raging retard when hurt
that's a good point
its hard to see because he enters the chamber of charlotte in a very polite manner that makes him seem like he is fine, but now that you mention it that's exactly like how, when griffith was bathing in the river after fucking the noble, he nonchalantly just said to caska "the water is nice, why don't you join me?" to appear normal

I'm still NOT forgiving him

when is 369?

To think it would take till the 18th volume for us to enjoy the bone inducing glory of lewd berserk again

Attached: image_2022-09-06_174636502.png (1131x1600, 2.3M)

Proper filtration.

Attached: image_2022-09-06_174817500.png (1131x1600, 1.94M)

Attached: image_2022-09-06_174955655.png (1131x1600, 1.88M)

Why did she never get pregnant from this

gayest page in all of berserk

what about donovan blasting the bussy?

Griffith didn't cum

Maybe he could have saved his life if he lied and begged for mercy here but instead he fucking doubled down on his doom. Like, shit, it doesn't matter how right you are in that position, just fucking try

and then he has the balls to give the king the death look

Attached: image_2022-09-06_175626161.png (1131x1600, 2.57M)

>getting raped vs thinking about your best bud while cumming inside a girl
idk man

He was screwed regardless, even if he managed to somehow pathetically beg his way out of this mess, his ambitions/plans were ruined and he presumably had no real hope left to succeed, which is presumably why he doesn’t hold back his tongue.

>I can't imagine why the fuck would Griffith do this, at all. He has always been perfectly intelligent, calculating and patient just to fuck it all up and do the equivalent of fucking suicide.
Guts leaving out of the blue and beating Griffith on the way out utterly shattered Griffith's iron clad superiority complex. So in order to regain a sense of control over his situation he fucked Charlotte to make up for losing control over Guts.
I feel inevitably this will end up being his downfall though given his desire to control Guts through Casca and the Moonchild while Moonchild essentially makes Griffith vulnerable i think.

He was simply overcome by stupid, though it seems the world was conspiring against him anyway, it's not like the eclipse was going to be skipped. I think that even if he didn't fuck up, something would have happened to get a similar result by the eclipse. It's just that the forces at work applied themselves to suspend his good sense, rather than say, working on the king who was clearly going crazy. Ultimately the difference between Griffith fucking up here, or the king going crazy and acting without reason is that it shows more of Griffith's character. We end up seeing that he isn't nearly as calm as he tries to appear, and inside is actually rather frail with clear weaknesses.

gay rape is gay

to be honest I don't understand the moonchild well. I don't understand what the fuck was griffith doing posing as caska's and guts' child, probably I'll get it better once I reread it

For example, before starting the reread I completely forgot about the egg apostle and how it ate caska's demonic child to use it as a base for griffith to be reincarnated

I do believe you, after tall Berserk is a lot about fate and being unable to escape it.
My main point tho is against the griffith apologists who unironically, without trolling, believe that griffith did nothing wrong and it was unjust. Had it been the case of the king going madshit down the line it would be true, but in this timeline Griffith does have blame

Pederast is misused in this context, look it up friend
Anyway that's what makes Griffith's character human and multi-faceted. Beforehand we saw him as a close to perfect being and his first slip is proportional to the burden he's been carrying all along. He is easily a more complex character than Guts, that is just "muh sword". Guts is still a good character for his history and actions, not by a moral or philosophical standpoint

>I don't understand what the fuck was griffith doing posing as caska's and guts' child
Moonchild isn't posing. The fetusblob merged with Griffith/Femto through the Egg Abyssal's Eclipse so the Moonchild is Guts and Caska's child while being possessed by Femto who can only take control at moments of lapse.

>Guts, that is just "muh sword"
to be fair I think its justifiable in that Guts is not a very intelligent man (I don't think he even knows how to read and write) and he himself says he has never learnt anything but "muh sword" and thus its completely understandable that he ends up as an aloof simple man.
In fact, its precisely how he got tired of being simple and not having a goal in life the reason why he left the hawks to learn and grow beyond "muh sword"

Yeah, I completely forgot about the egg and how it merged the fetus with femto/griffith.
So I guess its not like Griffith "wanted" to be the moonchild, that's how it ended up
However I do have a question, was he biding his time waiting for caska's recovery before taking her away?
We'll see in the upcming chapters anyway

A mix of AMBITION and desire for affection.