Will he ever make a work as good as this again? Who here tracks Japanese social media...

Will he ever make a work as good as this again? Who here tracks Japanese social media? What does he say about his future plans, despite his admitted slavery to market trends?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 78.75K)

>good

While Blame was still going on Nihei was living an artistically perceptive lifestyle having recently worked in construction while struggling with melancholy. No doubt a select few with those characteristics would have unique visions for their time. I can only assume his comfortable mangaka habits would make him mediocre thus irrelevant. So no I don't think he will ever change again.

I liked Sidonia up until the talking kawaii penis.

Nothing about being a mangaka is comfortable, but yeah, engaging with life from any angle is still better for story ideas than facing the same four walls all day

He got mindbroken because his daughter didn't like his manga and preferred some generic moeshit so he's been trying to moefy his style ever since.

And it's only been getting worse.

But he's not comfortable. He's starving and his editors force him to do pulp stories to boost their sales. If anything he's more miserable than ever. His wife left him, his daughter doesn't really respect or understand him.

Longstanding Nihei fans know from his Kafka-avatar rant that he has other projects in mind but couldn't financially sustain them. Has he ever elaborated?

>couldn't financially sustain them

I really doubt this.
He's a weeb household name and the sale of his volumes is continuous.
Sidonia had an anime adaptation that was well received.
He had continuous work in the field ever since he started and all of his projects got finished with nothing axed.

Artists across all ages are famous for making lots of money and losing even more of it. Tokyo is expensive and Japanese tend to run into debt for bizarre reasons.

Imagine he's losing money to those panchiko machine

>Nihei was living an artistically perceptive lifestyle
Grug here. What do big words mean?

From the creator of "How to draw anime"

Architects rarely stay in cubicles. Most of your time will be spent driving to and from construction sites, meeting rooms and vendor warehouses. Lots of screaming and insults during meetings too.

Did Nihei ever publicize his early IRL architectural designs (that would never be built, hence his move into manga, which he never dabbled in before)

>He got mindbroken because his daughter didn't like his manga and preferred some generic moeshit
Worse, it wasnt moeshit but Shingeki no Kyojin

Action scenes and backgrounds may be Blame's strongest points, but I would lie if I say I didn't find the robogirls appealing.

Attached: 100864151_p0.jpg (768x768, 245.29K)

Aposimz 100% got axed. Shit like Titania granting wishes introduced in the last volume then never elaborated on why she had a limit to them, Denji who was hyped up died offscreen, he never met Biko again, 99% of the cast dying in a giant offscreen war.

Bruh you just don't understand postmodern deconstructive narrative

It's a mix of both his editors being assholes and i'm no longer wanting to add much black or detail onto his drawings

Aposimz was okay. Tsutomu nihei just happened to appeal to you old edgy people

>He's a weeb household name and the sale of his volumes is continuous.
i mean, i know fujimoto namedropped him once because chainsaw man took influence from abara
but nihei is still mostly niche to some people and those who bring him up always focus on his older works