Protagonist defeats the villain by pulling a power up out of their ass at the last second

>Protagonist defeats the villain by pulling a power up out of their ass at the last second

Has this EVER been done well? Jojo did it at least three times and it sucked worse and worse

Attached: C356E9CB-7A19-480A-8DBE-C7CC3AE36E3A.jpg (1280x720, 173.35K)

They defeated Diavolo without the powerup.

>iFag is too dumb to understand manga for kids
Not surprising.

GER was not an asspull

>Calls it an asspull
>The whole arc is about the arrow

You're a retard

>at least three times
7 and counting

Once per part? What was the asspull for part 4?

It worked when Jotaro did it in Part 3 because it only gave him a fighting chance, not a free win

A built up asspull is still an asspull. Even if these are more acceptable.

didn't elevate the fight for me at all, disappointing after getting petshop vs iggy, jotaro vs darby the gamer and vanilla ice vs polnareff and iggy one after another

>iphone poster
>garbage take
fucking always

>A built up asspull
How can it be pulled out of someone's ass if it was built up?

wasn't an asspull at all retard

Eh, for me Jotaro vs Dio was the peak of Stardust Crusaders
The best final battle in Jojo will always be Johnny vs Diego for me, but Jotaro vs Dio is definitely up there imo

>it's established that believing he could stop time is essential to Dio's ability and it gets stronger throughout the fight
>Jotaro learns about Dio's ability and goes from moving in stopped time to stopping time himself
I don't see how it's an asspull.

no they didn't

his time skipping power was never really beaten by anyone prior to GER, and GER was effectively just a 'lmao you lose' power and didn't have to be used creatively or in any interesting way to win

even if the fight wasn't an asspull, it wasn't entertaining and it was unsatisfying. since king crimson's reveal the big question was 'how does the gang beat such an unstoppable power' and the answer ended up being 'they don't'. king crimson could have had literally any power at all and it wouldn't have changed the ending 'fight'. it was all shit, none of it made sense, and the ending was basically a footnote.

GER may not be an asspull, but when a story revolves around getting a Macguffin to fight the bad, he usually still pulls something to even the odds in the final encounter. "We got the arrow, you're done" was anticlimactic, especially considering his power wasn't even that unworkable.

>Villain defeats the protagonist by pulling a power up out of their ass at the last second
this is why Jojo is kino

You don't know what an asspull is.

The power itself is an asspull, because it's basically an instant win against Diavolo. Even the characters had to fight for it, it doesn't change its nature.

YOU WANT THIS ARROW? IT MEANS THE END OF DRUGS DEALERS.

>The best final battle in Jojo will always be Johnny vs Diego
my fav. final fight would definitely be Made in Heaven one
I love high voltage too, it's up there as my fav. fights

Even if*

>Jotaro learns about Dio's ability and goes from moving in stopped time to stopping time himself
happens too fast for my liking but whatever, problem is I just hate the
'its the same type of faggot as star nigger' twist, I was genuinely excited and brimming with anticipation for what araki had in store for us, alas that was not the case and fight turned out unsatisfactory

so basically,
>I didn't find final fight satisfying, it didn't go the way I wanted it to and I don't like it so it's an asspull whether that makes sense or not
Verification not required.