EVA fans may kill me for this but

I hate the Rebuild of Evangelion movies. I personally feel like they are soulless garbage that was only made to sell as much Evangelion merchandise as possible to the Tiffany Grants of the world to stuff in their hello kitty purses. And the worst part is that the ending goes against the message of the og tv show and duology of movies.

>the og tv show and duology of movies: be yourself and endure adversity and hard ship

>the Rebuilds: go "fuck all that" and force Shinji into a relationship with a character that he barely had any chemistry with before that point (Mari)

WTF, Anno?!

Attached: 800px-2.22_Shinji-Mari-meeting.png (800x450, 486.07K)

>EVA fans may kill me for hating the Rebuild of Evangelion movies.
not on Any Forums

>posting the most common opinion on Any Forums and calling it controversial
Go collect your upvotes somewhere else faggot

>EVA fans may kill me for this but...
Wow real quirky unpopular opinion you have XD

I want to impregnate that

I actually think youre right

Based.

Literally every EVA fan thinks this.

You already have a hag for wife Anno-sensei

>the og tv show and duology of movies: be yourself and endure adversity and hard ship
That's not what those were about, the original show is about accepting yourself as the first step toward happiness, nothing more. EoE is taking a dump on this, Shinji utterly fail at accepting himself and is rewarded with the worst ending.
>the Rebuilds: go "fuck all that" and force Shinji into a relationship with a character that he barely had any chemistry with before that point (Mari)
Shinji bails out of Eva, Mari who's not shackle to the original show or any eva related trauma becomes the witness to his growth and an equal partner in the new world he's created. What's important is that Mari doesn't validate Shinji for growing up until he took the proper actions to get there.

Attached: 1645793388954.jpg (1280x432, 122.16K)

If anyone believe Rebuild is anything but a pretext to sell merchandising, pushing as DEEEEEP whatever crazy pill Anno took, then anyone is mentally retarded.

Why do eva threads have the same topic but worded differently every time? Evafags pretending to be newfags?

Nah man, you’re in good company.
The thing that gets me is even disregarding the message making, the movie itself is really goofy, especially in the final quarter. Seeing unanimous praise for the movie everywhere else is weirdly jarring. Like what movie did these fuckers watch?

2.22 is a masterpiece, you casual watchers.

EOE doesn’t shit on that message as it’s showing the ill effects of not accepting one’s self. It reinforces that message by showing the consequences of self-love’s absence. The film remains the cowboy jewel of the franchise.

Filtered.

Attached: asspain.jpg (1401x175, 32.83K)

My life kicks ass. It’s just a cartoon robot movie made by an old pervert.

meant for Sorry

shut up marifag

This is the most popular opinion ever

Go back.

rebuilds exist because anno wanted to build up khara and create Eva properties separate from gainax, which stopped paying him royalties

It's insane how every "rebuilds bad" post always boils down to no actual criticism besided shipfaggotry.
every. single. time.