Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

>For years be told Gohan's character arc was actually genius, cause it was him rejecting his dad's fighting obsessed ways to live a better life with his family
>...The new movie shows that Gohan can't be bothered to pick his daughter up from preschool, because he spent three days locked in his room literally studying bugs

What an awful. Awful. AWFUL character. You know, you can say that Goku is a piece of shit, but at least he saves the world. Gohan is just a terrible person. What went wrong?

Attached: 1646121074442.jpg (2530x3583, 1.57M)

>What went wrong?
Shuseisha begged Toriyama to make it a Gohan focused movie so he decided to fuck him over for taking Piccolo's spotlight.

>How Gohan Got His Groove Back Again...For the Third Time!
They have no idea what to do with Gohan

Piccolo got a lot of based moments tho.

He just has too much potential for his own good.
I fully expect him to forget how to transform into BEAST until the new villain hurts his friends.

Attached: FaeeRaiagAEUYkx.jpg (2039x1457, 570.58K)

It was a Piccolo movie, and it proved Piccolo is the best Dragon Ball character.

Shueisha wanted to market Gohan instead of trusting Toriyama's Piccolo movie. I will never forgive getting Cell Max instead of True Orange Piccolo vs Gamma 3 Full Power

>You know, you can say that Goku is a piece of shit
No, you can't say it.

Attached: 1638144614261.jpg (1039x1600, 347.5K)

Oh it was supossed to be a Piccolo movie? Just saw the movie today and i didnt know that, seems logic, Gohan felt out of place

Toriyama's idea was a Piccolo movie, but then he was suggested to add Gohan, and you can really tell. You can practically see how you could write Gohan out of the movie, and Piccolo just does everything himself.

Yeah, it's not like he doesn't and hasn't been there for his daughter in the entire Super manga/anime and End of Z!

We could have gotten some sort of crazy kino like Great Orange Piccolo actually matching Cell Max then the others show up and Piccolo uses Multi-Form to split into two and help them distract Cell as he charges up his Special Beam Cannon to secure the win.

Instead we got LAZYhan studying bugs and shoving his face in at the end after being an awful father. KEKAROOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1565572135528.png (266x300, 154.38K)

I wonder why they didn't bring back Piccolo's Dad or his siblings.

Attached: King Piccolo and Friends.jpg (916x923, 113.85K)

Why do you hate Gohan so much?

You're absolutely right. We have seen Goku care more for Pan throughout the entirety of Super. When the fuck did Gohan become such a shitter parent?

A kaiju-tier fight with Cell and Piccolo would've been incredible, instead of the movie just going, "nah, I'm not strong enough for him for some reason, lol."

Okay, but let's talk about the REAL star of the movie.

Attached: 100123287_p6_master1200.jpg (1200x625, 488.79K)

It hurts....why did they have to do this to him...? He was the best and most interesting character...I hope somebody can bring him back...

Attached: SADza.png (654x767, 182.64K)

Cause if they killed #1, it'd look weird to just have a #2 around.

>muh potential foreshadowing
>jobs when it matters
All you need to know

The closest to anyone knowing what to do with Gohan is him giving up on fighting to be a father, no shit he'd do that after a lifetime of associating fighting with endless death and suffering which is unfortunately the opposite of profitable unless you're planning on making a slice of life spin off of a shonen manga.

Don't worry, I'm already headcanoning that Hedo rebuilds him with help/funding from Bulma and Capsule Corp.

Attached: 100123287_p13_master1200.jpg (900x1200, 594.48K)

>They have no idea what to do with Gohan
Well no shit, the Buu arc ruined him forever.

And that's what's fucking funny. You can totally do "screw this, I'm going home to be a family man." ...But no. He's a biologist, who obsesses over bugs, and uses Piccolo as a free nanny.

I wonder who would win between Orange Piccolo and Gamma 2 with 17/18's infinite energy reactors added to his design between Hedo and Bulma's work...Full Power Gamma 2 nearly killed Cell Max in one massive blow. He would probably be pretty close to Gohan Beast.

Orange Piccolo and Gamma 2 as serious rivals would be great to see.

Piccolo was clearly lying through his teeth considering how well he bounced back from his "death" while being tired mind you. I feel like Golden Piccolo could've still won against Gamma 2 but it would be a really hard-fought fight like his bout with 17 or Raditz. The movie would've especially made that more believable if it was just Piccolo's movie.

Pikkoro san please get those yaoi hands off him!

It'd be pretty close, yeah. Plus like the other androids they learn/adapt to who they're fighting as they fight.

Attached: 100123287_p2_master1200.jpg (1200x853, 787.72K)

Half the movie felt like Piccolo was playing an RPG, and Gohan was an under leveled party member. He could do most of it himself, but he needed to get Gohan some EXP.

The problem with Gohan is that he's always been a reactive character. He's not the kind of character who moves or propels an history.
This is the real reason why Toriyama went back to Goku, not because Goku was more popular.
And honestly? The same applies to everyone else. Everyone else in the cast is always content to sit on their asses. Hell, it's exactly this the reason why Goku keeps seeing someone to truly inherit his will as the protector of earth. Because none of his friends, or family, can get up their asses. The worst part is that Goku keeps getting proven time and time and time again that new threats will keep coming, that everyone needs to be prepared, but no one ever listens. But I digress.
Point is that Goku is always the only seeking for something new, more training, new adventures, new challenges. His personality is suited for that. He's an active character. That's why he's the MC and keeps coming back to being the MC.

>Orange is warm and joyful (Orange Piccolo in his parental and protective role)
>Yellow is optimistic (Ultimate Piccolo, his desire to win)
>Red is passion and energy (SSG Goku's newfound ever-growing powers reigniting his thirst for power)
>Turquoise is calm and clear (SSB Goku/Bejita, control over their godly energies)
>Blue is trust and loyalty (SSBE Bejita's MUH PRIDE MUH FAMILY)
>Purple is spirituality and imagination (UE Bejita's delusion of winning)
>Black is power and sophistication (Black Freeza and TUI Goku who embody strength and elegance in their personality or fighting style)
>Grey is compromise and control (Jiren the Grey who is perfectly efficient and controlled)
>White is purity and innocence (UI Goku and Gohan Beast who embody purity of mind (pure instinct and pure rage))
Absolute...kino...

Considering how Toriyama helps with DQ and Blue Dragon that makes perfect sense.