Protagonist snaps

>protagonist snaps
Why is this trope so good?

Attached: file.png (878x874, 1019.72K)

are you a girl?

because it's them outright saying how they feel rather than going on with idealistic nonsense that doesn't actually work, for them or for anyone

Attached: mcfucking had it.jpg (1237x307, 62.1K)

What's this from? Looks edgy in a good way.

Attached: protagonist-snaps.png (773x829, 514.23K)

No, but I do share an unusually high amount of interests with fujos.

This.

Tokyo Ghoul. Arguably before or after it jumped the shark.

It can be pretty cathartic, especially if the target of their anger has been an ass throughout the series. I think Kaneki is being a bit of an edgy fag in your picture, though.

Attached: 0093-042[1].jpg (900x1350, 233.58K)

It's just fun to see some dude kick ass and not care once in a while.

it fucking summersaulted the shark shortly after re: started

Attached: 1640682058937.png (836x1200, 274.74K)

Because the protagonist was a boring character before and this is them temporarily growing a pulse. In a properly done protagonist that has the audience's empathy, them snapping and violating their ideals isn't supposed to feel cathartic.

It's better if they start off logical enough to come to this conclusion from the beginning. The problem is you keep reading childish stories, and this is merely a middle ground which attempts to help children grow up.

60 or so chapters is not "shortly" after. It is only 'summersaulting' if you were filtered by Haise and the Qs. :re was equal and arguably superior to the original in every way up until the climax of the Rose arc. Afterwards, that is when the true downward spiral began.

Everything up to Arima's death was genuinely good, with only few cracks showing up but nothing that would tarnish the experience. Then things gradually started to get rushed because of author's burnout

Only if it's not played for laughs like most anime do.

Attached: Enter helck.png (1129x1600, 864.53K)

Is a cool thing to see because most of the time the protagonist is a wimp

>I think Kaneki is being a bit of an edgy fag in your picture, though.
From the presentation alone I'd agree, but that's him going against the wishes of the man who harbored and took care of him before his own daughter threw him under the bus.

>Cochlea
>"genuinely good"
Sorry user, no. :re was on route to become my all time favorite manga, but Cochlea is where the cracks shattered my immersion completely. It was better than everything which proceeded it (not saying much) - but it was far from "genuinely good." Mediocre at best, with all subsequent arcs teetering on or outright abysmal.

Attached: Cochlea Best Arc.png (1852x220, 56.24K)

Like I said, cracks did indeed show up but the second encounter with Arima and Kaneki was something I was personally looking forward to the most since the start of :Re and I felt Ishida delivered with that one, a decent enough conclusion to their mentor and student relationship. And how all of that tied into the one eyed king plot was pretty neat, especially with the title drop.
>completely. It was better than everything which proceeded it (not saying much
Definitely not, I still prefer the vast majority preceding Cochlea, I just found the main focus in that arc satisfying enough despite the weaker parts in other subplots. Also I don't know why you would post an image from another guy's post (I assume) with several nitpicks that can be easily disproven if you read the manga? For example, the stuff about Kaneki "regenerating his limbs" was just him replacing them with his kagune, you know like we had seen before with his previous kakuja. When we see Kaneki again after the six-month timeskip, we assume his hand has grown back, but we only ever see him wearing gloves. His fight against Arima reveals that it has not, and his ‘hand’ is actually constructed from kakuja material growing out of his arm.

>Definitely not, I still prefer the vast majority preceding Cochlea,
Ignore this part, I misread your post

Are you underage?

>was just him replacing them with his kagune, you know like we had seen before with his previous kakuja.

This is patently false. It is the same rendition of arm he regenerated after his arm was severed by Kanae in Rue. His arms ceased regenerating properly at that point - a fact he confirms to Touka before they make love. There is no "replacing" an arm with a kagune. He even calls out his lack of regeneration in pic related.

>When we see Kaneki again after the six-month timeskip, we assume his hand has grown back, but we only ever see him wearing gloves.
His hand had grown back. Which we see in chapter 58 when Eto reflects on how his arm should've grown back. Why are you so desperately trying to defend inconsistent shit writing? I understand you like it, but Christ.

>. When we see Kaneki again after the six-month timeskip, we assume his hand has grown back, but we only ever see him wearing gloves.
What are you talking about? We see it as early as chapter 61 when he is counting down the days on the calendar towards Hinami's disposal date.

>His fight against Arima reveals that it has not, and his ‘hand’ is actually constructed from kakuja material growing out of his arm.
You are filling in the gaps with headcanon. Again, please refer to chapter 125. His "kagune" arms are a result of improper regeneration. Or if you go by Viz's translation "take longer to heal." Which we later learn is a result of his shortened lifespan. They are his actual arms. Not makeshift replacements. I know my material. I invested way too much time and money into this (turned shit) series - which is why I can remember these chapter #s off the top of my head.

Attached: 11.png (860x1236, 558.98K)